Author Topic: Unveiling The Official Soldat Web Gather  (Read 55545 times)

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
Re: Unveiling The Official Soldat Web Gather
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2010, 10:29:34 pm »
I got this:    soldat://outcry.u13 - five numbers - four numbers-
I entered it this way:   /\ip              /\port            /\pass
Afaik it's like this:
IP: outcry.u13.net
port: [five digits]
password: [whatever]
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline filip2322

• Major
  • Gray
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2010, 10:58:13 pm »
Ok,i will try it.Thanks
Imperare sibi maximum imperium est

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2010, 11:31:59 am »
Soldat link looks like this: soldat://<IP>:<Port>/<Password>
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Krack

• Soldier
  • Krack Kills
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2010, 07:08:01 pm »
hurry up and add realistic rawr
Viva Soldat

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2010, 08:22:19 pm »
Just played my first gather there.

Comments:
- We need some solution for people who don't join the match in time. The 1on1-gather started, I joined the server and then waited for about 3min till the other player joined. Not that this would be too long, but there should be some time limit of about 5min. After this timelimit every player who is too late should get some "warning". If one gets three of them he should get banned for 1-2 weeks from the online-gather or something like that. See how the IRC-gathers handle this.
- So after he joined he chose the first map by using "!map [mapname]". (Actually the server should randomly decide whose map will be played first. So after you join, there should be some message on the server like "[Playername] choses the first map" and only this player is allowed to use the "!map"-command.)
- After I won the first map ([retard]), the server started the next round and suddenly displayed the message "Round 1 of 2 rounds starts now!" (or something like that). So the server didn't get that the first round actually started after my enemy used the "!map"-command. So we just played the next (my) map and after I won that too ([retard][retard]) we just left the server, because the match was actually over, even if the server just displayed "Round 2 of 2 rounds starts now!".
So, jrgp, you need to look this up.

I'm actually not quite sure how hard you want to handle misbehaviour on this online-gather. How strict will you be? Will there be any "warnings" at all? So we would need some reporting system. What to do for example when someone leaves a match in the middle of round. Or doesn't even join the gather. Or camps a lot. Or flames at his enemy. Or even uses hax (add MSAC). Whatever. We would need some forum or system where we could report these things. Thinking of that, we need rules which include all these points. So rules for the several gamemodes and how you should and shouldn't behave.
But this sounds more like a ladder...I don't know how you will do it. Since you will have statistics you could really build up a ladder (at least for the 1on1s).

We need a more clear definition how strict this gather will be handled and if there will be consequences for misbehaviour.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 08:25:17 pm by Illuminatus »
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2010, 02:38:37 am »
Without punishments it's just a pub that you join by doing !add. The whole "meaning" of a gather game is that you HAVE to join if you add and you HAVE to be there until it ends. At irc you get banned if you don't join or you leave a gather without a good reason.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2010, 03:55:36 am »
I already suggested this idea for jrgp but wanna see if you guys give some more pros for it. If it's just coding possible, I'd sync webgather and irc gather, (completely new irc gather or alliance with already existing one). For web add you use forums account and for irc add you use your irc nick/auth.

That way you can reduce gather waiting times and waiting about players who have forgotten they've added.

Offline xmRipper

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • Personal
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2010, 09:45:53 am »
Ok...since i cant join the gather could someone explain me where to put what,ip,port,pass.
I got this:    soldat://outcry.u13 - five numbers - four numbers-
I entered it this way:   /\ip              /\port            /\pass

And i get:Could not download files

Please help
Just copy that soldat:// link to address bar of your browser, then enter. tadaaa you are in game.
Co-Founder / CTO @ Macellan
Founder Turkish Soldat Community

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2010, 09:49:19 am »
dds is by far the better and most used on games

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2010, 01:33:10 pm »
Would be cool if you made a gather based on your soldat account. (beta ftw)
#2Wai.soldat @ quakenet.org Soldat's heaven

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2010, 05:13:13 pm »
What is that?

The original intention of the soldat portal stuff was that it was going to be linked to the unified account system (which I mentioned above) but enesce didn't feel like it.

Without punishments it's just a pub that you join by doing !add. The whole "meaning" of a gather game is that you HAVE to join if you add and you HAVE to be there until it ends. At irc you get banned if you don't join or you leave a gather without a good reason.
Yes, I'm going to make it so you specify your in-game nick in the online gather site and if that nick doesn't join the game you're banned for a week or something similar. That sound reasonable? I'll also add msac once MM confirms.
There are other worlds than these

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2010, 05:20:16 pm »
What is that?

mistaken awnser. suposed to psot on the image files topic, mah bad

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2010, 05:28:14 pm »
Yes, I'm going to make it so you specify your in-game nick in the online gather site and if that nick doesn't join the game you're banned for a week or something similar. That sound reasonable? I'll also add msac once MM confirms.
You might want to give some room for "accidents" though - let's say, give warnings first, and only ban if it happens more than one or two times a week.

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
  • I'm a Soldat freelancer, and I'm Looking for work.
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2010, 05:31:32 pm »
This is perfect can't wait to try it out and join a game! I'm glad I don't have to learn how to use IRC now. I never understood IRC or why people still use it... there are so may simpler options like this one. It's all part of making Soldat user friendly; now newbies (like me) can start using gathers.

You might want to give some room for "accidents" though - let's say, give warnings first, and only ban if it happens more than one or two times a week.

yeah I agree because I know I'm going to be one of those people xD
I am a Soldat freelancer. I'm looking for projects and I have some of my own. I'm ready when you are...
My Projects:
Soldat weapon Factory 1.1
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2010, 05:43:48 pm »

hmm okay maybe a "strikes" system, where if a player doesn't join 3 times in a row he's banned for a week?

Also I just added some servers:
 - Realistic CTF
 - 6 Player DM
 - Realistic INF

Offline thegrandmaster

• Flagrunner
    • Grandy on Steam
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2010, 05:45:57 pm »
The original intention of the soldat portal stuff was that it was going to be linked to the unified account system (which I mentioned above) but enesce didn't feel like it.

Agreed with PQ - a proper account system where the game, the gather and the forums are linked, would be a very nice feature to add.
Could help combat hackers too if account creation was limited and ban-able by IP or the like?.

@jrgp: It's gotta be done - strikes definitely seem the most user-friendly option
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 05:49:21 pm by thegrandmaster »
ohgodwhydidInamemyselfthis. Just call me Grandy.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2010, 05:48:22 pm »
Agreed with PQ - a proper account system where the game, the gather and the forums are linked, would be a very nice feature to add.
Could help combat hackers too if account creation was limited and ban-able by IP or the like?.

If enesce had followed the plan 2 or so years ago that's the situation we'd be in. :P

- After I won the first map ([retard]), the server started the next round and suddenly displayed the message "Round 1 of 2 rounds starts now!" (or something like that). So the server didn't get that the first round actually started after my enemy used the "!map"-command. So we just played the next (my) map and after I won that too ([retard][retard]) we just left the server, because the match was actually over, even if the server just displayed "Round 2 of 2 rounds starts now!".
So, jrgp, you need to look this up.

That should be fixed. I'm considering the rest of the stuff you said. I'm really appreciating your contributions to this thread. :)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 05:50:24 pm by jrgp »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2010, 05:59:41 pm »
Now, what I need are:
 - Recommended maps for each server
 - Should I make a command like !mapFromTMS mapname where it snags and installs a map from my TMS and plays it on the fly?
 - Other suggestions
 - What information about each gather/server should I have on the site? Should it mention all the details like enabled weapons, mapslist, etc?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 06:01:40 pm by jrgp »

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2010, 06:00:54 pm »
hey guys, any1 worried about enesce having the code? ;>

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2010, 06:08:48 pm »

hmm okay maybe a "strikes" system, where if a player doesn't join 3 times in a row he's banned for a week?
Don't forget leaving without getting a sub, excessive pausing, hacking, nick stealing, and not playing seriously.
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED