Author Topic: Small update  (Read 20907 times)

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
Re: Small update
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2011, 11:52:00 am »
I wonder what you call a big update then
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2011, 12:23:59 pm »

Dragonflies and vehicles!

Offline thegrandmaster

• Flagrunner
    • Grandy on Steam
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2011, 12:25:08 pm »

Dragonflies and vehicles!

Off-topic: FTW ;)

On-Topic: Thanks devs for the update - nice to hear progress is being made. Looking forward to seeing it released!!
ohgodwhydidInamemyselfthis. Just call me Grandy.

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2011, 10:32:17 pm »
I'm not sure about still having the up/down keys for the flag throwing. It still allows you to accidentally throw the flag away and that was one of the main reasons people wanted it to be changed.

I second this.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2011, 02:54:05 am »
Great news and thanks for the update! Keep it up.
Just one question: are you completely dropping the portal and all of its features, or is it only temporary? Personally, I found PM and buddy list to be very useful, so I really hope you'll bring at least those two features back at some point.

I'm not sure about still having the up/down keys for the flag throwing. It still allows you to accidentally throw the flag away and that was one of the main reasons people wanted it to be changed.
I second that.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 02:56:08 am by L[0ne]R »

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2011, 08:25:56 am »
I will keep using the old flag throwing method, but player should decide whether to use up/down or g.

Im chill like that

Offline mtk

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2011, 08:03:40 pm »
This is exactly what we need, regular updates on where you are at so that we know something is actually happening.

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2011, 09:17:46 pm »

I actually feel the opposite about this. I have never experienced a case where i accidentally threw my flag. However that doesn't mean this is not a problem.

My current stance is reflected by bonecrusher's post above. Allowing us an option makes the transition much easier, plus it could keep the G key open for taunt usage for people who like to as many available keys as possible.
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2011, 09:28:47 pm »
This is exactly what we need, regular updates on where you are at so that we know something is actually happening.

Also good job on making some progress here.

Keep up the good work!
Also wondering: Will there also be worked with the older polytypes, like removing the nade throw through a poly bug? (glitching) Because I remember at some version it wasn't able anymore, and the next version it was back again.
I think it was around 1.4 to 1.4.1 (if im right)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 09:32:16 pm by Meteorisch »
www.idunwantanpage.com
Clicking this increases your IQ oh wait.

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2011, 11:51:57 pm »
I have never experienced a case where i accidentally threw my flag.
You obviously do not know fake cball
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2011, 11:27:14 am »

Some people don't have their fingers growing out of their asses.

-> player's failures at completing tasks are not Soldat's problems.
flag throw key customization; yes, why not?
Other possible shit that could be changed/added just because people have sausage fingers, falsely believe that it is time for great change for no apparent reason or are too lazy to learn the way Soldat works, no thx.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 11:34:14 am by Horve »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2011, 11:36:54 am »
I don't see any reason for you to act like that, Horve. Fake cannonballing has always been part of the game and is commonly used by people who know how to. It's an issue which can be fixed without adding much code, where's the problem?

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2011, 01:10:38 pm »
Not sure what u ppl talking about fingers, but fake cb is performanced with one finger only. The q+x s**t is kinda easy to perform too, the most phisicaly hard s**t to do is the x+e prolly. Again, not even sure what u b***hes are talking about. Also, there are movements on Soldat that requires 4 buttons pressed at once, but phisically easier compared to the x+e, atleast to me.

Again, lemme ask: this throw key works with change wep+throw and reload+throw s**ts? If not, make sure it does. ty

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 01:12:24 pm by biohazard »

Offline Snow

• Camper
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2011, 01:55:33 pm »
FUCK YES! Aimlag and portal are gone! Thank you. Thanks for the hard work so far. It's a good list of fixes so far.

I saw mention of dragonflies, dunno if you should put em back in. They were incredibly hard to control, got stuck in narrow passages and continually tried to mate with eachother - annoying.
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2011, 01:15:26 pm »
i haven't posted anything here in ages but this gives me enough hope to revive myself, so HELLO!
you should restart soldat from scratch with all that you've learned!!
anyway, another bug that causes rare frustration is that the last typed key in the console can sometimes be an input into the game if you hit enter fast enough.  only annoying when that last key was r, x, and sometimes q.
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2011, 04:00:30 am »
Does the flag object itself work better? Its been always somewhat glitchy and laggy when someone tries to throw it. My guess its not working too well with the rest of the netcode or something.

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2011, 01:21:23 pm »

Some people don't have their fingers growing out of their asses.

-> player's failures at completing tasks are not Soldat's problems.
flag throw key customization; yes, why not?
Other possible s**t that could be changed/added just because people have sausage fingers, falsely believe that it is time for great change for no apparent reason or are too lazy to learn the way Soldat works, no thx.

Unless you're in a tunnel, making a fake cball automatically throws the flag.
There is no skill that you could learn to avoid that annoyance.

Most HNS players use the fake cb instead of the reg cb. I talked with a lot of them.
There are only a few that manage to have a consistent running technique using the normal cb.

I hope you understand now why it is such a deal breaker for me and a lot of soldat runners.

I would like to point  another problem that is really bothering in running:

The bug that makes your mouse button stuck. (usually the jet).
I have  a high polling rate mouse. So it happens to me at least 3 times / round.
( and it's very hard to change the usb polling rate settings under win7 x64 )

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2011, 04:58:44 pm »
FYI you can do a fake cball in an open area and not throw the flag, you just have to press w and s seperately instead of rolling down from w. It still is a huge pain compared to if it didn't happen at all though, so I too just use regular cball whenever I have the flag.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline leo[argentina]

• Major(1)
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2011, 06:32:46 pm »
About hardware id's, in punkbuster they can be spoofed. Make sure that cannot be done in soldat.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2011, 07:38:08 pm »
I've never experienced the flag throwing problem either, as I do true and fake cannonballs with well-timed releasing and pressing of the W and jet key respectively.