Author Topic: Soldat Poster Limited Offer  (Read 29449 times)

Offline 10th_account

• Soldier
Re: Soldat Poster Limited Offer
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2011, 10:37:41 am »
I take this as a promise to make your character shirtless and sport a bandanna in 1.5.1.

Offline Vv00t-SN

• Camper
  • I aim to please!
    • fuck you skoskav & everyone else fucking with my profile all the time.
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2011, 10:52:47 am »
This was so not funny. How do you wanna blame MM for wanting to make money?

You missed my point. Its not about the fact that MM wants to make money from his work.
What bothers me, and what provoked me into ridiculing this latest money making scheme, is the fact that he shows us so very very openly how little he cares for us (the community that provides him with a fanbase and money, mind you) AND for soldat, his creation.
Just look at how little effort he puts in anymore.
Its all "hey buy this, register that, gimme gimme and read my blog btw! gtg now!!" every couple of months. And it's been going like this for years..  ::)

either this kid has a lightbulb up his butt, or his colon has a great idea.
Soldat Quote DB: http://qdb.soldatgather.com/

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2011, 02:51:52 pm »
I'm starting to loose my respect for you, Bone Collector. Seriously.
Pfft... I'm surprised you respect me in the first place. Besides, frankly I don't care. I'm entitled to my opinion as much as you are to yours.

What bothers me, and what provoked me into ridiculing this latest money making scheme, is the fact that he shows us so very very openly how little he cares for us (the community that provides him with a fanbase and money, mind you) AND for soldat, his creation.
Its all "hey buy this, register that, gimme gimme and read my blog btw! gtg now!!" every couple of months. And it's been going like this for years..
I completely agree. Mind you, I'm more about getting the Dev team paid for their time. Why not? They're working on MM's behalf, why not be paid for it?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 02:53:48 pm by The Bone Collector »
Just another soul to burn.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2011, 03:05:15 pm »
Mind you, I'm more about getting the Dev team paid for their time. Why not? They're working on MM's behalf, why not be paid for it?

Whoa, hold back your horses! They're A) not forced to do it and B) could get payed if they wanted. I don't know why you rant for people who aren't even bothered, this sounds like nonsense.

Its all "hey buy this, register that, gimme gimme and read my blog btw! gtg now!!" every couple of months. And it's been going like this for years..  ::)

It's an offer after all. Wanna buy it? Do it. Don't? Well, guess what. It's MM's decision what he does with/to Soldat and its community. Still feel you need to say something important about it? Blog about it.

EDIT: Don't think I support MM, but that's just the way things roll nowadays and you gotta face it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 04:10:02 pm by DarkCrusade »

Offline thegrandmaster

• Flagrunner
    • Grandy on Steam
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2011, 05:29:34 pm »
I think MM is entitled to whatever he wants. Sure, he isn't active much in the community, but he made the dang thing!
I think it's a good idea to sell merchandise like this to generate some income for himself, and I would dole some out to the devs for the work they've done so far and are doing.

However I would agree that the image used in the poster does not represent Soldat at all, so I personally wouldn't be tempted to buy it. If it was alot more Soldat-ish e.g. the image attached in this post
IMO this would make a better poster

Then more people would buy it imo.
ohgodwhydidInamemyselfthis. Just call me Grandy.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2011, 06:08:11 pm »
If MM actually interacted with the community even a little, if he actually showed intetest in what we'd like to buy and what we can buy - the whole merchandise thing would create a better impression and would have higher demand.
Oh well, it's his loss.

----------

Think back to a few months ago. We should be happy we got new developers for Soldat in the first place. We might not have gotten even this much. While it would be nice if the new devs got a little something for their efforts, I also think we should stop pestering MM asking for even more.

If you want to support the new devs - perhaps they could set up a paypal account for accepting donations or something. But it's up to them.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 07:16:27 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline RemiX

• Major(1)
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2011, 02:21:12 am »
I'm not gonna give someone money so they can pay there bills when they have very little to do with the game anymore. I'm sure he will still look over some codes the new Dev's make for the game, but other then that I'm sure he is focused on Link-Dead.

Now if Shoozza or any other Dev said that they were selling soldat posters or gear. I would buy that just because I know they are actually working on the game. With MM my money will go straight to bills and then you probably wont hear from him till he needs some more money, but with Shoozza I know that he is supporting us and so I would be willing to help support him.

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2011, 07:25:54 am »
RemiX is the point I'm trying to make. I won't support someone who isn't supporting the game anymore!
Just another soul to burn.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2011, 01:26:41 pm »
RemiX is the point I'm trying to make. I won't support someone who isn't supporting the game anymore!

You should not buy a poster to support someone.
Its just merchandise.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Vv00t-SN

• Camper
  • I aim to please!
    • fuck you skoskav & everyone else fucking with my profile all the time.
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2011, 03:57:50 pm »

It's an offer after all. Wanna buy it? Do it. Don't? Well, guess what. It's MM's decision what he does with/to Soldat and its community. Still feel you need to say something important about it? Blog about it.

EDIT: Don't think I support MM, but that's just the way things roll nowadays and you gotta face it.

Ahem, yes, I do realize that it is his right and his choice to do whatever the hell he wants, and I am aware that its an offer and not forced upon me. But hey, if MM gets to be callous, then I - and everyone else - get to be critical of his attitude.
I dont see why you feel the need to jump up to his defense though. I assure you, he doesn't give a damn either way.

either this kid has a lightbulb up his butt, or his colon has a great idea.
Soldat Quote DB: http://qdb.soldatgather.com/

DarkCrusade

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2011, 03:59:20 pm »
I just try to make sure you realize you waste your energy here.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2011, 05:52:21 pm »
and how do you not waste your energy here the same way, dark crusade
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline filip2322

• Major
  • Gray
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2011, 08:00:28 pm »
You guys have gone way off topic...i for myself might buy the poster IF he makes more to choose from
Imperare sibi maximum imperium est

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2011, 07:24:52 am »
I just try to make sure you realize you waste your energy here.

he already wasted his time for 3200 post already wtf do you do all day
www.idunwantanpage.com
Clicking this increases your IQ oh wait.

Offline Madow

• Major
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2011, 12:18:45 am »
I'd really love to know how many of you actually purchased one of these posters.
[20:33:20] <DMC__> hes basiclly saying
[20:33:56] <DMC__> "hi there, this game has no garenteee that there is people to play with, nor is it well known, but please give me 15 bucks, you fool"

Offline n2j3

• Soldier
    • soldat.gr
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2011, 03:14:03 am »
find the guy who made this and force him to make a poster

found in google images

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2011, 09:27:47 am »
[..]
found in google images

That's actually ancient: http://static.soldat.pl/downloads/wallpaper.jpg
There are other worlds than these

Offline thegrandmaster

• Flagrunner
    • Grandy on Steam
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2011, 05:21:48 pm »
[..]
found in google images

That's actually ancient: http://static.soldat.pl/downloads/wallpaper.jpg

But multitudes better than the rambo kill 'em all dude.
ohgodwhydidInamemyselfthis. Just call me Grandy.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2011, 10:58:29 pm »
Not enough money coming in for Michal huh. So he feeds off the faggots who play this game to support his new one. Ahh I got him worked out. Thats why I quit.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Madow

• Major
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2011, 12:14:51 am »
Not enough money coming in for Michal huh. So he feeds off the ***gots who play this game to support his new one. Ahh I got him worked out. Thats why I quit.
That's not fair at all. Soldat is a fantastic 2D side scrolling game with very few issues, probably even none. The multiplayer is unforgettable and the netcode is bloody magnificent.

MM has a right to what you call 'feed' off his playerbase because his game is great, you should understand that.
[20:33:20] <DMC__> hes basiclly saying
[20:33:56] <DMC__> "hi there, this game has no garenteee that there is people to play with, nor is it well known, but please give me 15 bucks, you fool"