Author Topic: Soldat Poster Limited Offer  (Read 30034 times)

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
Re: Soldat Poster Limited Offer
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2011, 09:16:14 pm »
blablabla, no support? no money. simple as it is!
www.idunwantanpage.com
Clicking this increases your IQ oh wait.

Offline Madow

• Major
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2011, 12:15:54 am »
Can we get some numbers on how many people actually bought and fell for this?
[20:33:20] <DMC__> hes basiclly saying
[20:33:56] <DMC__> "hi there, this game has no garenteee that there is people to play with, nor is it well known, but please give me 15 bucks, you fool"

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2011, 02:37:40 am »
Like I said, such a venture is a good idea for all parties involved - when its executed properly the first time.

Firstly the technical side of things;

- The team needs a dedicated 2D artist first and foremost.
- A simple logo everybody agrees on (eg a medallion with a helmet on it would suffice tbh).
- An original mascot that is used consistently, and easily recognizable from hi-res to lo-res.

With these ingredients, the artist can have a field day making poster and Tshirt ideas.

Dont forget the importance of good PR!

- Always ask the people what they want and find a reasonable way of providing it to them. See what people would be interested in so you can do all your research. Do people want posters? Or perhaps shirts, mugs, figurines, weapon models, medallion replicas of the logo, dogchains etc etc When people have artwork and characters that they are familiar with, it makes it all the easier to have a product ready with a buyer.
- Trust is crucial for any form of business. If people dont believe that their money is going to the right place, they dont spend it - its that simple. People would like assurances that this money doesnt just go straight to MMs bills - even I have a FT job to support my freelance art work - they want to KNOW that their money is going to support the game and the people directly involved with its development.

Without any of these issues addressed in my opinion, this venture is doomed to failure, and will only damage your current public relations.
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline kunderez

• Major(1)
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2011, 09:57:18 am »
I think the poster looks cool and it is not expensive. I ordered the poster 8th of February and havent got the poster yet... I was just wondering if anybody actually received the poster?

... I dont understand people nagging about someone trying to make money... jealous?

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2011, 02:39:52 pm »
it's still on pre-order. As in 'Coming soon'.
#2Wai.soldat @ quakenet.org Soldat's heaven

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2011, 06:26:12 pm »
it's still on pre-order. As in 'Coming soon'.
Haha, I can already see this coming:

*someone pre-orders*
Hey, so when do I get my poster?
*no response*
I still didnt get it! MM WHERE IS IT??
*no response*
*a year later*
MM: oh kk i'll see what i can do about the poster
*no response for another 5 years*

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2011, 10:30:39 pm »
hahah Michal you are a joke u know that...why not invest some of the money into the game and not worry about still trying to "revive" it with all these open source developers. Stop using the community for your own self benefits.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2011, 05:02:21 pm »
hahah Michal you are a joke u know that...why not invest some of the money into the game and not worry about still trying to "revive" it with all these open source developers. Stop using the community for your own self benefits.
If you want me to stop deving, soldat let me know.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2011, 08:33:56 pm »

Most of the soldat devs are not primarily open source developers, and if they were they'd probably be better than not. Your argument is flawed and retarded as hell.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2011, 06:17:40 am »
what about release sum updates we all know michael doesnt do shit, but there were some others right..!?
www.idunwantanpage.com

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2011, 10:03:26 am »
it might be flawed but it is the only way the message will get across to this nubskull.

and Shoozza I couldn't care less...I don't play this shit game anymore because these motherfuckers ruined it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 10:05:23 am by scarface09 »
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2011, 11:49:18 am »
then..uhh...maybe...erm...quietly f*ck off then?

Soldat is this facet of the internet. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2011, 04:27:01 pm »
Shut up kynetik...I was here before u could of dream of playing this game, don't tell me to get out when it was people like who me who got this game to where it is now

DarkCrusade

« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2011, 04:45:18 pm »
Oh it's this guy again

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2011, 07:24:34 pm »
The point is that alot of people right here expected some great changes to this game.

But right now everyone lost hope again, because it's going at enesce speed or nothing at all.

(and its kinda weird when you have like 6 devs)
www.idunwantanpage.com

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2011, 07:47:39 am »
Shut up kynetik...I was here before u could of dream of playing this game, don't tell me to get out when it was people like who me who got this game to where it is now

Erm ... without taking into consideration the simple fact I signed here before you, or that I probably played this game in '02 before you had even grown pubes - longevity has nothing to do with anything, it just highlights the increasing probability of you being a complete and total smeghead. You wanted to make this personal, so lets talk about the perception of your person - immature, rude, obnoxious, egotistic, naive, narcissistic, tactless - lets face it; you reek of teen angst. If you were a day older than 20 Id be honestly surprised (it would seem a better measure of your IQ from this standpoint.) Seriously, if you dont like it, dont stick around just to troll your neuroses.

So lets bring this back -  I know everyone wants the best for Soldat and their play time, but noone will ever see Optimus Soldaticus by pissing off the people who are actually doing you a favour by creating any of it at all. You dont get a good meal when youve done everything you can to annoy the chef.

Yes, it would be nice to have some frequent updates lately, but just have to look at the world around you and get over it - gamers we may be, but its not the centre of the universe. People have lives to live, sh*t to do, money to make to afford the time to sit down a build a free game, whose only real reward is largely satisfying a horde of pasty teenagers.

Maybe the devs are dealing with lots of issues at once, or something really special - it may take time to have something justifiably substantial to show - and with the forum servers have been going through various upgrades and downtimes, it would be easier to hold off that all-important news when the forum actually works. It never ever seems to cross anyones mind that there may be more to a situation than you may already understand. And it also never seems to cross those very minds that acting like a douche may not actually help you understand anything better at all.

/rant
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 07:54:24 am by KYnetiK »

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2011, 06:01:18 am »
man...all I know is your full of shit and your post is meaningless because I don't understand internet language anymore because it's for fucking no lives like you. I played this game for fun not for the "love" of any shit, he clearly is not profiting anmore and seeking redemption from the people who still believe this game is alive...go pay $15 american for a poster, what a joke, this game is a joke now, michal is a joke, and yous all are a joke for still believin him and his sidekicks.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2011, 07:01:29 am »
Definition of a troll: One of many unsung internet heroes who are almost entirely misunderstood. Contrary to popular belief, many trolls are actually quite intelligent. Their habitual attacks on forums is usually a result of their awareness of the pretentiousness and excessive self-importance of many forum enthusiasts. As much as people may hate trolls, they are highly effective - their actions bring much of the stupidity of other forum users out into the great wide open.1 (#4)

Of course he understood what you said. But.. he's a troll.

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2011, 11:22:37 am »
I think Michael is the best game creator ever!

Also soldat is my favorite action fps shooter and i own everybody, now release next version. (Frames per second)
www.idunwantanpage.com

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2011, 12:13:33 pm »
I think Michael is the best game creator ever!

Also soldat is my favorite action fps shooter and i own everybody, now release next version. (Frames per second)

yes your playing soldat from the first day on, continue your story cause i think you know what you´re talking about and should share this with otheres.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |