Author Topic: Achievments  (Read 1293 times)

Offline moardots

• Major(1)
Achievments
« on: March 03, 2011, 03:49:01 pm »
Hey everyone! I'm new member of this forum but I play soldat about year. I decide to make a new topic here because I think that soldat need a kick of freshness. I see that all the concepts that you guys present are okay but do not bring to the game too much freshness. I play a little bit (yeah a lot) of WoW (World of Warcraft) and things that really great are achivments. I hope some of you know what achievments are. For those who dont know achievment is a special rewards for doing something (like first kill, 30 kill in 1 battle or kill someone with flag while youre holding the flag too etc.) I saw on one server (RUS probably) something like achiv - First Blood for first kill in a battle. I really enjoy when i reached this achiv and I think other players too.

So, whats your opinions on this subject? I think its not that hard to add it in to game.

ps. Finally i really sorry for my bad english writting skills, I hope you can understand what i have on my mind.

Offline thegrandmaster

• Flagrunner
    • Grandy on Steam
Re: Achievments
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 04:04:14 pm »
Yeah achievements are pretty easy to script into the game.
Soldat is a pretty fast paced game, so they would have to be decent and hard to get.

First blood is a good one that is already implemented in some servers.
If you can think of some decent achievement 'criteria', I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to script.
ohgodwhydidInamemyselfthis. Just call me Grandy.

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 04:18:06 pm »
Yeah and there could even be an achievements box in GUI, what shows what achievements you have reached.
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 04:18:27 pm »
Awards script by zyxstand.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline moardots

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 04:29:02 pm »
Well i have a lot of ideas for achievments, but I think players too because this is not any programming work for the peoples invented the achivments and everyone can post self thoughed here.

Wookash I know there is Awards script i saw it on few servers.. yea only on few. I think it should be implemented permamently to the game, and not like awards will be given at the ends of turn. There should be "dynamic" I kill 5 guys without moving/hiding in grass so suddenly I get for example "Camper" achivments or sth.

And my question is: Is there anyone works on new version of Soldat or something?

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 05:47:54 pm »
Awards script by zyxstand.
That's a script though, and it'll only work on one server where it's installed. What's the point in achievements if you can't show them off to the whole world? :P

Anyway, achievements are always nice, but we would need Soldat Portal back to have them saved properly. Some time in the future perhaps?

P.S. use search before posting. I'm sure achievements have been suggested a hundred times before.

Offline moardots

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 06:04:47 pm »
Of course some achivments should saves to character automatically but it would be nice if some of them resets on every single battle. And this script made by zyxstand is realy poor looking isn't it? I wondering about a frame with a some icon or funny title of achivment.

If new version of Soldat or whatever is going on now with game is doing i think achievments shouldn't be move away from the hot game improvments or sugestions. I mean there's a lot of online games with achivments. I do not sugesst that we have to copy that idea, I go to point these little things in game really can make fun and its just popular.

ps. Wookash please type "achievments" in search panel, and tell me how many threads which are really about achievments. I dont see any. ;p

ps. Again I must sorry for my english but i try. Greetings!

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
  • I'm a Soldat freelancer, and I'm Looking for work.
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 06:09:48 pm »
I think the portal was supposed to have this. Achievements/rewards/ awards are one thing... all I want is stats. Like crazy stats about everything... which reminds me I had an idea a while ago... posting it now.

oh and even thought this has been said before (like over 9000 times) F12
I am a Soldat freelancer. I'm looking for projects and I have some of my own. I'm ready when you are...
My Projects:
Soldat weapon Factory 1.1
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 06:16:43 pm »
ps. Wookash please type "achievments" in search panel, and tell me how many threads which are really about achievments. I dont see any. ;p
Weird, I searched for them too but there aren't any threads named like that. Some threads did mention achievements, but along with some other suggestions as well. I'm sure I've seen more threads about achievements before. :|

I think the portal was supposed to have this. Achievements/rewards/ awards are one thing... all I want is stats. Like crazy stats about everything... which reminds me I had an idea a while ago... posting it now.

oh and even thought this has been said before (like over 9000 times) F12
I think achievements were PLANNED, but not actually added. Also, the devs completely removed portal from 1.5.1 (hopefully only temporarily).
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 06:20:26 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline moardots

• Major(1)
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 06:27:59 pm »
Ok. Anyway thank you for the conversation and I hope that idea of achievments dont die. Great to hear you are making progress in fixing current version. If there will be any option to help you when you go back to achievments idea i can help a little.

Ah and sorry for this silly question but what is portal? ;s

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 06:34:16 pm »
Portal is a new feature that was supposed to be added in 1.5.1 (you can check it out by downloading 1.5.1 beta here: http://enesce.com/?dl_id=10)
Portal made it so you had to create an account before you can play online (which is the only bad thing about portal), but it also added such features as friend list, ability to send messages to other Soldat users (like PM messages on forums). Players could also choose an avatar image and favorite weapons, and if they're registered - they could also enable nickname protection so that nobody else could use the same nickname as theirs.