Author Topic: Soldat 1.5.1f Beta (with server)  (Read 46568 times)

Offline y0da

• Soldier
  • :: Chaos Hunters ::
    • [cH] Soldat Clan
Re: Soldat 1.5.1f Beta (with server)
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2011, 09:48:08 pm »
you guys are trollin'!
the one and only problem about team colors is that it's hard to distinguish which of the alpha player bleeds most during a teambased match

i'd suggest making the blood color editable via game/config exactly the way you set up the player outfit. or just make it glowy-looking like the pred had. and definitely make this work for the pred bonus. it's a must have.

Offline AdamD

• Major
  • hi its me your IRC pal dicko
    • i make games sometimes too.
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2011, 12:14:34 pm »
not sure if these have been posted yet but here's some bugs i've found:

- occasionally i'll spawn with a spas with 0 bullets, and instead of a secondary weapon like knife or something, i'll have a second primary weapon (usually a hk for some reason)

- ending a sentence with f still makes you drop your weapon occasionally

- occasionally i'll see a HUGE spawn. like it looks like a normal spawn, but the sound effect is MUCH louder, and this causes a bug (the team option pops up, and i have to select one to continue playing)

not sure how many of these are on my end, possibly due to my computer/connection, but they happen a lot and affect the gameplay.
vam; dicko
vagabonds & miscreants

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2011, 12:19:03 pm »

- occasionally i'll spawn with a spas with 0 bullets, and instead of a secondary weapon like knife or something, i'll have a second primary weapon (usually a hk for some reason)

- occasionally i'll see a HUGE spawn. like it looks like a normal spawn, but the sound effect is MUCH louder, and this causes a bug (the team option pops up, and i have to select one to continue playing)

not sure how many of these are on my end, possibly due to my computer/connection, but they happen a lot and affect the gameplay.

I can confirm all of these, they happen on a daily basis. They seem completely random and can't be reproduced as far as I know.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2011, 01:49:11 pm »

Agreed all of these happen all the time

( - occasionally i'll spawn with a spas with 0 bullets, and instead of a secondary weapon like knife or something, i'll have a second primary weapon (usually a hk for some reason) )

- I get that one alot lol.
www.idunwantanpage.com
Clicking this increases your IQ oh wait.

Offline SyavX

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2011, 02:46:19 pm »
 happen a lot and affect the gameplay

It's a known and common bug. Quote from Soldat bugs TitanPad page:
Quote from: SyavX
It happens when you spawn on the dropped weapon. Dropped one replaces your primary and your "ex-primary" (wich you should spawn with) sets as secondary. And primary ("ex-dropped") starts to reload...

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2011, 03:42:07 pm »
you guys are trollin'!
the one and only problem about team colors is that it's hard to distinguish which of the alpha player bleeds most during a teambased match

i'd suggest making the blood color editable via game/config exactly the way you set up the player outfit. or just make it glowy-looking like the pred had. and definitely make this work for the pred bonus. it's a must have.
I think all it needs is slightly darker and less saturated clothes (clothes graphics need to be about 15% grey instead of white), while blood should be pure red (#FF0000). This will keep the team colors, but at the same time keep blood visible enough even on red clothes.

Offline Majoman

• Major(1)
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2011, 07:39:41 pm »
Well, my drop in the ocean (things I believe haven't been mentioned yet):
-ctf_campeche as it is now is barely playable. Lower the respawn rate of nades on the up route significantly if it is to remain a new default map. Also fix bugged medics on the alpha side of the up route.
-I don't wanna see K:D ratio of players like magorko with the new 1.5.1 AK 47 but whatever, I'm AK player myself too, suits me well
-fixed flag throwing is IMO the most noticeable change in 1.5.1 in terms of competetive playing, well done there
-from all the little tweaks that could have been made, why on Earth did you choose re-making the F1 score board in the Urban Terror style? If it was meant as an underline for the overall 90's look of the game, well done
-"Modified Dead/Spectator players in Realistic mode can only see enemies the player they are following can see" - that's alright, but it would IMO be pleasible to add an option for server admin to remove this future for the rare occasions when streams from realistic matches are done

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2011, 04:08:18 am »
-ctf_campeche as it is now is barely playable. Lower the respawn rate of nades on the up route significantly if it is to remain a new default map. Also fix bugged medics on the alpha side of the up route

In my opinion the map plays very, very well, it's just about learning how to not get smashed by the 25 nades coming from top before the enemy itself. The only real annoyance is indeed the bugged floor on both sides of the pyramid-whatever.

Offline AdamD

• Major
  • hi its me your IRC pal dicko
    • i make games sometimes too.
« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2011, 04:28:25 am »
oh and fucking brilliant job with Triumph, hats off to whoever made it. GREAT map. possibly my new favourite.
vam; dicko
vagabonds & miscreants

Offline Stuffy

• Soldier
  • Very stuffy.
    • Climb-Zone Forum
« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2011, 07:07:38 am »
Whenever you leave the game because of an forced event (Need to download a map f.e.) while holding a key down, the key gets written into the ip-box, even if the screen is still black because its changing back into the menu.
The truth is out there? Does anyone know the URL?
The URL is here

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2011, 09:53:25 am »
I wonder if that, scorpions is ever going to be played in leagues and such.
www.idunwantanpage.com

Offline Majoman

• Major(1)
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2011, 10:46:43 am »
I wouldn't worry 'bout that. Usually, the weird maps are taken by clans which make some winning tactics for it and play it in every important cw (SN plays ctf_X quite often for example, Arrow plays hormone etc).

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2011, 11:32:21 am »
I wouldn't worry 'bout that. Usually, the weird maps are taken by clans which make some winning tactics for it and play it in every important cw (SN plays ctf_X quite often for example, Arrow plays hormone etc).

True dat. But Scorpion is just a BIG map, and requires some luck, especially when the flag gets blown away, and you're able to catch it something like that.

But sure, Its not a bad one. Just requires some tactics indeed.
www.idunwantanpage.com

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2011, 01:26:34 pm »
Alright, let's take this thing for a testdrive.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline 12th_account

• Major(1)
« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2011, 04:37:50 am »
I can't get the update to stick. When I run 1.5.1.20 it updates to 1.5.1.21 and runs the game, but when I exit and run Soldat again it's still at 1.5.1.20 and wants to update.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2011, 07:49:33 am »
The rejoin bug still occurs, I'm not sure if there's a way to reproduce it though.

Problem in B2b

+ this: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=37169.msg467820#msg467820

Offline Ouchek

• Soldier
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2011, 03:20:00 am »
whos in charge of choosing the maps now?
whoever he is, he has no clue about how things work in the competitive gaming community...are you guys gonna create a new beta testing team or not

Offline Sipar

• Major
    • http://dolinski.cz
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2011, 09:14:44 am »
are you guys gonna create a new beta testing team or not
Yes, that is what we are.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2011, 10:11:12 am »
whos in charge of choosing the maps now?
whoever he is, he has no clue about how things work in the competitive gaming community...are you guys gonna create a new beta testing team or not
Just report here whatever you dislike about the current defaults. It's still beta version, not even RC - so any suggestions are still appreciated, at least I think they are.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 02:26:40 pm by Wookash »
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Pedritox

• Major(1)
« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2011, 12:51:03 pm »
Omg! i love soldat!  [pigtail]