Author Topic: Soldat 1.5.1f Beta (with server)  (Read 46588 times)

Offline Tekidek

• Major
  • Touché!
Re: Soldat 1.5.1f Beta (with server)
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2011, 06:07:59 pm »
What is a "high resolution timer?"
And, what changes have you choosed from the community feedback?
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2011, 06:13:21 pm »

its a timer with a higher accuracy which costs more "cpu" when calculating fps and fps limits which is why there now are options for it.

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2011, 06:59:00 pm »

its a timer with a higher accuracy which costs more "cpu" when calculating fps and fps limits which is why there now are options for it.
Not exactly user-friendly but we'll live.

@L[0ne]R
Config.exe should be closed ;)

Soldats focus behavior is really bad but for now i need to focus on bugs which make playing impossible.

Stats are not high priority will be probably disabled to get the next release out asap.

Antialiasing should not work on vista and newer but for xp it should work.

The Config.exe res. change stuff was suggested by MM already will be added if theres time :P.
Uh, as far as I remember I didn't have anything Soldat-related running at the time of update. Just to make sure, I uninstalled the beta, installed 1.5.1e and tried to auto-update again - same error. I checked the processes, and neither config.exe nor soldat.exe or even starter are running.

GUI bugs - just pointing them out. :P But yeah, some of them are really no big deal.

I just tested AntiAliasing in 1.3.1, and it works like a charm both in fullscreen and windowed mode. Then I got an idea.. I tested the latest beta in 640x480 (windowed and fullscreen) and guess what? AA works just fine. I tested it without AA just to make sure it's not my imagination, and I'm 100% sure: AA does work in 640x480 windowed and fullscreen. But after changing resolution to something different (even 641x481) AA just stops working.

upd: 640x480 with window resize also works fine.

Another detail which I'm not sure if it'll help: I used to have a different videocard a several months ago (slow GeForce 7300GS of fail) and when I tried enabling AA with custom resolution - FPS would drop a lot but AA still wouldn't work. So I'm guessing some sort of processing is still happening (which would explain perfomance drop) but for some reason in the end AA isn't actually applied.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 10:22:46 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline archie

• Major(1)
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2011, 07:21:24 pm »
I don't know what happened, but in Ebeta minigun was a beast. Worked like it should, I even tested on crappy connection and still picked kills fairly easy. Now in Fbeta I emptied (yes, emptied) a full clip and nothing happened. Even when I picked a kill I needed ~70~80 bulletes, which is abnormal.

Fix unproning when firing minigun.
Bring back nade throwing when firing minigun, it's unfair as it is now.

Offline -Bendarr-

• Soldier
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2011, 07:35:19 pm »
On install.

WORKED CORRECTLY AFTER I RESTARTED COMPUTER, soooo I don't know about this one ^

changed to 80

« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 07:52:35 pm by -Bendarr- »

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2011, 07:36:43 pm »
New bug. Soldat sound doesnt work correctly.

When someones mid on Nuubia for example, and your enemy is in your base lets say the left side, YOU hear the jet/medic/kit sounds in the middle of the map, and not on the side where the enemy actually is.

I will make a demo later if possible.
www.idunwantanpage.com
Clicking this increases your IQ oh wait.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2011, 07:39:52 pm »
*snip*
Try checking/unchecking "High Resolution Timer" in the config. For me it decreases FPS if I have it unchecked.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2011, 07:42:01 pm »
Guys, a lot of this stuff should be going into the "report bugs/get help" forum.  Please create threads there and specify that you're reporting a bug in 1.5.1f.

Reporting everything in this thread will just clutter it up and nobody will get any real responses.

nvm, see below
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 07:48:57 pm by FliesLikeABrick »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2011, 07:46:48 pm »
Uh, Shoozza said it's easier for him to read bug reports here. :S
Besides, if not bug reports - there would be nothing in this thread except "gj guys" and "can u add vehikulz in next beta?".

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2011, 07:48:28 pm »
ok, nevermind what I said then.  I'm surprised he'd prefer them here but if that's what he wants I'm not going to argue :)

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2011, 07:53:02 pm »
Probably because it's easier to go through 20 posts in one thread, than 20 separate threads (which might not even relate to beta). :P

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2011, 08:13:24 pm »
easier for the initial reports, yeah - but I dunno about trying to follow-up/isolate issues/track "me-too"s :)

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2011, 08:20:32 pm »
I'd rather use soldat's bugtracker but it needs to be prepared. Old issues should be archived. Add reports for newest beta and clear the view of old tracks.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2011, 08:23:19 pm »
I'd rather use soldat's bugtracker but it needs to be prepared. Old issues should be archived. Add reports for newest beta and clear the view of old tracks.

Yep, I hope/plan that as part of the new developers taking over, we'll get some better processes and/or tools in place for bug and workflow tracking.

Offline PKS|Shooter

• Soldier
  • Dont fuck with us!
    • PKS - La Familia
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2011, 03:57:43 am »
can i trust that connection or ..... ?

When are you getting that?  Unless you are running a server or a public game, you should deny that.  That IP address is not associated with any of our servers or anything.

it happens every time when i start soldat 1.5.1f beta @ windows 7 64x

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2011, 04:36:41 am »

When are you getting that?  Unless you are running a server or a public game, you should deny that.  That IP address is not associated with any of our servers or anything.

Shiitter :P Scan your computer. I've got ESS4, too, and all connections I get are from thd.soldat.vg or something like this.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline PKS|Shooter

• Soldier
  • Dont fuck with us!
    • PKS - La Familia
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2011, 04:49:12 am »

Shiitter :P Scan your computer. I've got ESS4, too, and all connections I get are from thd.soldat.vg or something like this.

fuuu my pc is CLEAN, some guy wrote me an PM allrdy that his VPN wants to connect to meh :< and he has no idea too w/e im gonna block that connection next time.

Offline JotEmI

• Soldier
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2011, 05:36:43 am »
Yep, that's my VPS's IP. I've got no idea what the hell is wrong. I've checked all my logs, it doesn't look like my server was hacked or compromised in any other way.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2011, 05:57:13 am »
Well it has to be more than a coincidence that it is using port 23073 - even if it was a virus what are the odds that the virus would be using Soldat's default game port?

Offline TheOne

• Soldier
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2011, 06:47:41 am »
Small report:
-Scriptcreated Statgun-bullets (14) are invisible
-Scriptcreated Flames (5), at least with velocity, behave in a weird way, maybe their speed is a lot of times higher than before; at least they only appear at the next polygon at all and stick to it
^maybe SG bullets are quicker, too, hard to check...

-Not sure if new, my FPS rate was always 63, and it worked well - on maps with heavy textures/sceneries and FPS of 55 the graphic is haltingly now
I'd have attached a demo with this, but I can't play properly recorded demos: "Unable to load file"
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 08:44:27 am by TheOne »