Author Topic: Refactoring and compiling with Lazarus  (Read 10475 times)

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
Re: Refactoring and compiling with Lazarus
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2011, 04:56:36 pm »
the "huge (automatic) testing" made me laugh ;)
Imho the anticheat stuff is very important that's why I want to have it in the next release.

I'll try to get the stuff done the next few weeks.
The dev teams activity was kinda low after the last beta though :<

You might understand that I feel a bit uncomfortable releasing stuff with tons of bugs, but I guess in the end it can't helped.
"The better is the enemy of the good." - (don't know the author)
It is especially true in case of Soldat. Fixing even 1/4 of the problems Soldat has would take months (if not years) of hard work. Also I take back about what I said a few posts above. Releasing smaller but more frequent updates would still be a better idea IMHO.

The more different things you try to fix - the higher the chance that something will get broken for some people - the more "afterfixing" you'll have to do - the longer we end up waiting for the official release. Just focus on fixing a few specific things; once they're fixed and work as intended - release an official update and move on to the next set of problems.

I agree that anti-cheat is important, but at the moment we don't even have one except MSAC that has to be installed separately, so I don't think releasing 1.5.1 without an anti-cheat will do any harm. But if 1.5.1 with anti-cheat will be out in just a few weeks - then it'd probably be more efficient to just wait for it, rather than making an installer and do all the final tests for anti-cheat-less 1.5.1.

Could we have a beta before the implementing of the anti-cheat?

I'd like to test the fix for the "mouse buttons get stuck" bug.

Thank you.
That would be a nice idea. We've gone through most of the bugs in latest beta and now we have nothing else to do. We could at least test anything that got changed since then, so that there will be less unexpected surprises when anti-cheat is finally finished.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 04:59:56 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 08:02:02 am »
its sad but i have the feeling Shoozza is the only one doing something despite the number of developers :|
Don't underestimate the value of Fryer's and zakath's work.

"The better is the enemy of the good." - (don't know the author)
Voltaire. ;)

You might understand that I feel a bit uncomfortable releasing stuff with tons of bugs, but I guess in the end it can't helped.
Yeah, I'm the greatest perfectionist myself. :/
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 03:26:32 pm »
its sad but i have the feeling Shoozza is the only one doing something despite the number of developers :|
Don't underestimate the value of Fryer's and zakath's work.
Even ramirez. He's not been very active yet, but when he is he gets stuff done (really).
...PC vs Mac is like AK47 vs M4A1...
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod