Author Topic: Soldat 1.6.0 Release Candidate  (Read 55519 times)

Offline VinceBros

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
Re: Soldat 1.6.0 Release Candidate
« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2011, 02:19:32 pm »
Why all 1.6.0 servers in lobby have (WM) in front of their name btw ?  ???
I guess Soldat 1.6.0 RC doesn't recognize the "Weapon Mod for 1.6.0" as the official one..

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2011, 04:26:38 pm »
Never mind the stars not showing bug, they show for me.

Offline xmRipper

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • Personal
« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2011, 07:05:25 pm »
There is a problem with new dedicated server.

It doesn't allow a second connection via admin port. Just can't connect.
Baka Admin is running, and tried to make a second connection, didn't worked.

MaxAdminConnections option in server.ini is set to 20 btw.
Co-Founder / CTO @ Macellan
Founder Turkish Soldat Community

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #143 on: August 20, 2011, 12:50:54 am »
Why all 1.6.0 servers in lobby have (WM) in front of their name btw ?  ???
I guess Soldat 1.6.0 RC doesn't recognize the "Weapon Mod for 1.6.0" as the official one..
Correct, but like Illuminatus said it's fixed already :)

Never mind the stars not showing bug, they show for me.
I think they only show when you start a non dedi server or if you play a local game.
Almost fixed this but need to check what else is broken.
Seems like there were some changes in the way packet structure which makes me wonder how this stuff even works :P.

There is a problem with new dedicated server.

It doesn't allow a second connection via admin port. Just can't connect.
Baka Admin is running, and tried to make a second connection, didn't worked.

MaxAdminConnections option in server.ini is set to 20 btw.
I just tested this for ARSSE and 2 connections work there.

Could you try it it works with ARSSE if not it might be a bug I need to fix.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Phobos

• Major(1)
« Reply #144 on: August 20, 2011, 07:34:43 am »
When I try to run RC1 on Windows 2000 I get "I/O error 105" on startup and after that a lot of things are messed up. I can join in server and play, but in game I cannot see text in the teams select menu or in weapon select menu. Also when I try to start my own game, the maps select and bot select lists are both empty.
Could you please try the full install and tell me if the problem still exists then?
I tried to reinstall the RC few times with the full installer, but I still get the "I/O error 105". I'm sure there's no files missing from the installation, because I compared the install folders of working Soldat 1.6 RC on Windows XP and the Windows 2000 soldat install. :|

Unless you guys have better ideas I would like to try a version that is not packed with ASProtect as the previous beta versions worked and those were not packed.

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #145 on: August 20, 2011, 01:03:16 pm »
When I try to run RC1 on Windows 2000 I get "I/O error 105" on startup and after that a lot of things are messed up. I can join in server and play, but in game I cannot see text in the teams select menu or in weapon select menu. Also when I try to start my own game, the maps select and bot select lists are both empty.
Could you please try the full install and tell me if the problem still exists then?
I tried to reinstall the RC few times with the full installer, but I still get the "I/O error 105". I'm sure there's no files missing from the installation, because I compared the install folders of working Soldat 1.6 RC on Windows XP and the Windows 2000 soldat install. :|

Unless you guys have better ideas I would like to try a version that is not packed with ASProtect as the previous beta versions worked and those were not packed.
When exactly do you get the I/O error 105?
You can try the beta 1.5.1f to see if it works.
Do you have a limited account or are you administrator?
Rules

Offline TheOne

• Soldier
« Reply #146 on: August 20, 2011, 01:24:43 pm »
I'm not sure if you read this, I posted it in the release post of 1.5.1.
I couldn't find fixes for this in the changelog, so posting it here:
-Scriptcreated Statgun-bullets (14) are invisible
-Scriptcreated Flames (5), at least with velocity, behave in a weird way, maybe their speed is a lot higher than before; they only appear at the closest polygon in line at all and stick to it

This messes up stuff in scriptmodes like Hexer, Miracle Mode or Last Stand, so it'd be nice to have it fixed again.

Offline athlop

• Major(1)
« Reply #147 on: August 20, 2011, 04:40:32 pm »
Well, i have a really annoying Problem.

Soldat 1.6.0 RC run's fine. It's smooth and makes fun. Problem: No Players. Nobody plays it Online, Noone. I mean, Yeah, 1 or 2 Players a day, if your lucky!

So that's my damn Problem. Why i dont play 1.5.1? No Players, too. Why i don't play the final 1.5.0? Because it's running like with 15 FPS and my mouse getting stucked with right -or left clicked. Everything fine in 1.6.

I still don't get it why this is so.

So i desire a fix for this, or releasing Soldat 1.6 as fast as possible, because playing without anyone is annoying. More annoying if you paid for Soldat... Like i did!

Offline Phobos

• Major(1)
« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2011, 05:06:25 pm »
The error is displayed the very same instant that the welcome screen is loaded, beta 1.5.1f works and doesn't show this error and I use administrator account.

I can also capture Process Monitor trace from the RC if you want it.

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2011, 11:40:07 pm »
Umm, testing?

EDIT: That's weird. I was trying to post this when I kept getting a message saying "The last posted message from your IP was less than 20 seconds ago." When there was no such thing. I tried multiple times, and waited 20 seconds, but no luck. Anyway, this is what I was trying to post:

The old scoreboard order players by caps, not kills. Shouldn't it be contrarywise?
IMHO, no. It's Capture The Flag and since we now have Cap count it should be sorted by caps.
In old Soldat you got extra kills so it was sorted by Kills.
If you want to play by kills you should play TDM or DM.

Thanks for communicating with the community! This level of communication and listening to the fans has not been seen since Soldat's very early days.

If caps are tied, is the scoreboard made to put the person with most kills first? IMHO, this is what should be done.

Feature for 1.6.1: List the player who was the best caps and kill wise, or just who was #1 in bold, so that the winner can have a little more reward rather than all the bragging rights going to just the team.

(Shoozza`) any idea for a good key combo for weaponstats?
(xmRipper) f3 for wepstats and shift+f3 for fps stuff
(xmRipper) useful and no s**t
I would do it like this:
[F3]: weaponstats --> [F3]: FPS stuff --> [F3]: none --> [F3]: weaponstats --> ...

@Leo: It's already fixed in the next rc according to the corkboard (Fix servers using the new weapon mod get the "(WM)" tag (fry)).

Where is the corkboard? Seems interesting. Is it a real-time changelog?

Virtually no modern game supports Windows 2000 anymore. People seriously need to upgrade to at least XP for like $10 or something. I wouldn't waste my time on fixing bugs for old OSs. People need to get with the times. I understand some people don't want to shell out the cash, but you shouldn't be playing games on a win2k!

Well, i have a really annoying Problem.

Soldat 1.6.0 RC run's fine. It's smooth and makes fun. Problem: No Players. Nobody plays it Online, Noone. I mean, Yeah, 1 or 2 Players a day, if your lucky!

So that's my damn Problem. Why i dont play 1.5.1? No Players, too. Why i don't play the final 1.5.0? Because it's running like with 15 FPS and my mouse getting stucked with right -or left clicked. Everything fine in 1.6.

I still don't get it why this is so.

So i desire a fix for this, or releasing Soldat 1.6 as fast as possible, because playing without anyone is annoying. More annoying if you paid for Soldat... Like i did!

You didn't pay for Soldat, you just registered it. The features for registering does not include superior support, although I understand your predicament. It won't be long before 1.6 is out.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 12:32:53 am by miketh2005 »
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #150 on: August 21, 2011, 12:43:02 am »
Where is the corkboard?
Shoozza posted the link here.
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline Anachrony

• Major(1)
« Reply #151 on: August 21, 2011, 03:47:22 am »
:3

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #152 on: August 21, 2011, 04:43:04 am »
do you already have any plans what you are going to work on next release ? I'm talking about 1.61 then.

Will it be:
soldat portal
Gui
Just curious.
Greets
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Xdada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #153 on: August 21, 2011, 05:06:12 am »
Some more notes ;]

Soldat server's soldat.ini says "Server_Name=Soldat 1.5.1 Server"

When first connecting to a local soldat server it'll just get stuck at "Requesting game...", second time the connection's successfully established (also seemed to happen for Internet servers at some point yet I couldn't consistently reproduce that so I cannot say anything conclusive about that).

All of the following were present in 1.5.1 and are still present in 1.6.0 -

Querying for "Local" games will give error-messages saying "Lobby server is not responding. If it isn't your connections fault please try later." which will stack over time (the stacking is not obvious as they stack exactly above each other) if not closed.

At the "real" dedicated server (soldatserver.exe; all on Windows):
Server's note about additional parameters (and the forums' URL) on start-up is outdated -
Quote from: soldatserver.exe
   ---> http://forums.soldat.pl/

Additional parameters:
   ./soldatserver -p PORT -l MAXPLAYERS -p PASSWORD
   Example: ./soldatserver -p 23073 -l 16 -p "my pass"

The "-c" command-line switch is not functioning (Always looks for Soldat.ini regardless of the switch).

In the included readme.txt, at the "-disallow" entry it states as though "unknown identifier GetURL" was returned for any disallowed function while actually the server returns the message with the respective function's identifier.

Also I can't seem to find it documented anywhere that the game password can be up to 15 characters (Unicode-regardless) long (at least for the server), otherwise the request will always result in the message "Server password needed".

Not translated -

Title bar ("Information") of the message-box that says the line 221 ("Lobby server is not responding. If it isn't your connections fault please try later."; also note, there should be an apostrophe in "connections")

In client's dedicated mode -
"Shutdown" and "Minimize" buttons;
context-menu entries (when right-clicking on a player) ("Kick","Ban","Admin");
"Score" and "ms" (for millisecond, the translation entry for which is there actually (line 248)) - in the players list, following the player's name in parentheses;
"Team scores" (under the list of players);
"Team <#>" entries below the "Team scores" label;
"Map" (left of the console, followed by a map name);
"Average ping" (below the "Map" label).

"This demo is not compatible with Soldat <version>", followed on a new line by "Can't play demo." (on the "Join game" tab when trying to play a demo that's outdated)

"Could not load map(#) - <mapname>" in the following -

(Already noted before to some extent yet my description goes as following -)
The 1.5.1.21 (f) Soldat beta( and also 1.6.0RC1) cannot handle the intro.sdm that comes with it (outdated). The music starts playing though and resumes in the menu, also the "Start game" tab appears active although actually the "Join game" tab is shown (the latter also happens with any unsupported Soldat demo unlike the following). When first trying to start into a game after this message it will not start/join(for both Singleplayer and Multiplayer, for the latter of which it says an untranslated message(, if to return (as it goes to the "Start game" tab) to the "Join game" tab): "Could not load map(#) - <mapname>", where the # in my cases has always been 1 and <mapname> the respective map's name run on the server), instead it'll go to the "Start game" tab. At the second try starting/joining works though, but only if the first attempt didn't fail (for example due to false password or failure to connect).

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #154 on: August 22, 2011, 04:33:51 am »
I was doing the Norwegian translation when I noticed some of my text not showing.
''Gå til'' should have been ''Gå til venstre''. I am certain I have written it in the text file so I guess I have to find something shorter :(

It's the same for: ''Welcome to Soldat, please choose your user profile'' and ''dumb, easy, normal, hard, impossible''
''Kick'' and ''Ban'' are also too close to eachother on the new voter when I vote in norwegian.

Two ''bugs'' that perhaps was there before the beta, but not been noticed before:
-1: You can't drag in the space between Maps, Players, Ping, etc... (you should be able to drag it in to
-2: What is that outline for?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 06:40:02 am by homerofgods »

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #155 on: August 23, 2011, 09:09:53 pm »
I'm not sure if you read this, I posted it in the release post of 1.5.1.
I couldn't find fixes for this in the changelog, so posting it here:
-Scriptcreated Statgun-bullets (14) are invisible
-Scriptcreated Flames (5), at least with velocity, behave in a weird way, maybe their speed is a lot higher than before; they only appear at the closest polygon in line at all and stick to it

This messes up stuff in scriptmodes like Hexer, Miracle Mode or Last Stand, so it'd be nice to have it fixed again.
Can you or someone create scripts which I could use to see the difference between Soldat 1.5.0 and 1.6.0?
Something like /flames and /statgun would be great.
Would save me some time :3

do you already have any plans what you are going to work on next release ? I'm talking about 1.61 then.

Will it be:
soldat portal
Gui
Just curious.
Greets
I need to talk with the other devs to see what their suggestions are but I don't plan to add big features.

My current plans for 1.6.1:
Fix bugs
Sync the netcode between server and client.
Add missing features from server to client server (commands, scripting?)
Refactor Soldats drawing code.

These are the most important things I could think of.
If there is time other stuff might get added but I prefer to clean up the stuff before I add new things.

Soldat server's soldat.ini says "Server_Name=Soldat 1.5.1 Server"
Thanks fixed

When first connecting to a local Soldat server it'll just get stuck at "Requesting game...", second time the connection's successfully established (also seemed to happen for Internet servers at some point yet I couldn't consistently reproduce that so I cannot say anything conclusive about that).
Happens for the first request game on windows and linux dedicated server - couldn't find out why so it will not be fixed in next version.

Querying for "Local" games will give error-messages saying "Lobby server is not responding. If it isn't your connections fault please try later." which will stack over time (the stacking is not obvious as they stack exactly above each other) if not closed.

At the "real" dedicated server (soldatserver.exe; all on Windows):
Server's note about additional parameters (and the forums' URL) on start-up is outdated -
Quote from: soldatserver.exe
   ---> http://forums.soldat.pl/

Additional parameters:
   ./soldatserver -p PORT -l MAXPLAYERS -p PASSWORD
   Example: ./soldatserver -p 23073 -l 16 -p "my pass"

The "-c" command-line switch is not functioning (Always looks for Soldat.ini regardless of the switch).

In the included readme.txt, at the "-disallow" entry it states as though "unknown identifier GetURL" was returned for any disallowed function while actually the server returns the message with the respective function's identifier.

Also I can't seem to find it documented anywhere that the game password can be up to 15 characters (Unicode-regardless) long (at least for the server), otherwise the request will always result in the message "Server password needed".
The forums url is ok it just redirects you and it's easier to remember and type.
Additional params output on startup was fixed :)

-c works you need to write it like this:
-c custom.ini
However I noticed that it loads the soldat.ini first and then the custom ini.
Now it will just load the custom.ini

Just checked: Unicode passwords don't work and longer passwords then 15 chars will also fail.
I'll leave it like this for now.
I want to change it in future versions though. Just remind me after 1.6.0 is out :P

Not translated -

Title bar ("Information") of the message-box that says the line 221 ("Lobby server is not responding. If it isn't your connections fault please try later."; also note, there should be an apostrophe in "connections")

In client's dedicated mode -
"Shutdown" and "Minimize" buttons;
context-menu entries (when right-clicking on a player) ("Kick","Ban","Admin");
"Score" and "ms" (for millisecond, the translation entry for which is there actually (line 248)) - in the players list, following the player's name in parentheses;
"Team scores" (under the list of players);
"Team <#>" entries below the "Team scores" label;
"Map" (left of the console, followed by a map name);
"Average ping" (below the "Map" label).

"This demo is not compatible with Soldat <version>", followed on a new line by "Can't play demo." (on the "Join game" tab when trying to play a demo that's outdated)

"Could not load map(#) - <mapname>" in the following -
I'll leave the translations out for now.
They will get done after 1.6.0 is out.
That will give people enough time to translate them.
Would be nice if you could create a thread with missing translations after 1.6.0 is out :)

(Already noted before to some extent yet my description goes as following -)
The 1.5.1.21 (f) Soldat beta( and also 1.6.0RC1) cannot handle the intro.sdm that comes with it (outdated). The music starts playing though and resumes in the menu, also the "Start game" tab appears active although actually the "Join game" tab is shown (the latter also happens with any unsupported Soldat demo unlike the following). When first trying to start into a game after this message it will not start/join(for both Singleplayer and Multiplayer, for the latter of which it says an untranslated message(, if to return (as it goes to the "Start game" tab) to the "Join game" tab): "Could not load map(#) - <mapname>", where the # in my cases has always been 1 and <mapname> the respective map's name run on the server), instead it'll go to the "Start game" tab. At the second try starting/joining works though, but only if the first attempt didn't fail (for example due to false password or failure to connect).
Fryer will fix the intro when he has the time (not and easy task)
The other errors should never happen when the intro is working

I was doing the Norwegian translation when I noticed some of my text not showing.
''Gå til'' should have been ''Gå til venstre''. I am certain I have written it in the text file so I guess I have to find something shorter :(

It's the same for: ''Welcome to Soldat, please choose your user profile'' and ''dumb, easy, normal, hard, impossible''
''Kick'' and ''Ban'' are also too close to eachother on the new voter when I vote in norwegian.
From: August 23, 2011, 06:37:04 amTwo ''bugs'' that perhaps was there before the beta, but not been noticed before:
-1: You can't drag in the space between Maps, Players, Ping, etc... (you should be able to drag it in to
-2: What is that outline for?
I increased the button size let's hope it's large enough.

-1 you can resize the columns but they have min size set or what do you mean?
-2 request servers or ping servers and you will see that it's a progressbar

The bot stuff will stay like it is for now. Will change it later when I know a good solution.
Same for the Welcome... text.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 09:14:48 pm by Shoozza »
Rules

Offline Vtg

• Major(1)
« Reply #156 on: August 24, 2011, 02:54:35 am »
It is very nice to see the "fixed" list being much larger than the "added" list, but... the variable screen aspect ratio is one big MISTAKE. Even with the Fryer's suggestion that it will not allow you to look farther than 4:3, it completely changes the game play. I expected 1.6.0 to be a version of fixes (as it is now) and this is a major change, which should be postponed and well tested.

When it comes to bugs (as said before that we can post them here):

- Soldat crashes when run on user-mode (Windows 7 Professional 32-bit), before anything shows up.
- Button "Fly" in the controls configuration is too moved too much to the right (about 10 pixels).

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #157 on: August 24, 2011, 05:11:51 am »
It is very nice to see the "fixed" list being much larger than the "added" list, but... the variable screen aspect ratio is one big MISTAKE. Even with the Fryer's suggestion that it will not allow you to look farther than 4:3, it completely changes the game play. I expected 1.6.0 to be a version of fixes (as it is now) and this is a major change, which should be postponed and well tested.

When it comes to bugs (as said before that we can post them here):

- Soldat crashes when run on user-mode (Windows 7 Professional 32-bit), before anything shows up.
- Button "Fly" in the controls configuration is too moved too much to the right (about 10 pixels).
I hope I'll manage to release the RC2 today... Please check Fryer's suggestion when it comes out and post in the 16:9 thread if it's ok or not. Maybe it will get undone. Maybe not. We will see.

There is a workaround for the the crash: Run Soldat as admin or run Soldat regged - I hope MM gets a new version of the regkey tool after RC2.
The fly button and other controls are centered and the buttons are larger - fixed that a few hours ago.
Rules

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #158 on: August 24, 2011, 06:40:46 am »
Yes, the min size is too big on some of the coloumns
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 06:43:43 am by homerofgods »

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #159 on: August 24, 2011, 06:46:39 am »
Yes, the min size is too big on some of the coloumns
I need to know for which columns it is to big and by how much (maybe you could make a screenshot with values so I could see where it's too big).
Rules