Author Topic: Serious discussion about our lives  (Read 15347 times)

DarkCrusade

Serious discussion about our lives
« on: September 15, 2011, 12:12:46 pm »
I have come to the point where I stop thinking small, start thinking bigger. I don't mean stuff like "where will I be in 10 years", because I know I cannot know. I don't care too much about that anyway. I will find my way. No, I am thinking about the world and how politicians, managers and industrialists changed it to their likings. Democracy, or what we call democracy, sounds like one big lie to me. After all, decisions aren't made by us. If there were referendums and politicians telling the truth, I would call it democracy. But that's not how things roll nowadays, right? Things worsen, and all we do is watch. If one stands up for his own opinion, he immediatly gets defamed to the point where you'd want to suicide but can't, because it wouldn't change anything. There is no way we could get out of this, and when we slowly run out resources there will be war - probably World War 3. And while Foxconn and some other jerks would love to see that, I certainly do not want anything of this to happen. But how can we make a change? People will sit on their fat asses as long as they are covered up with goods and they live a comfortable life. But they do not want to see that the life standards they need are threatened by themselves. I don't say we should stop driving cars altogether, and I don't say you should turn the heater off during the winter. All I am saying is that I see all this and it bothers me, but I see no way out of it.

Just my thoughts which I thought I should share with you. Now, what's your opinion?   

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
Re: Serious discussion about our lives
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 12:40:46 pm »
The problems are plentiful and they are all fuelled by ignorance and selfishness.

The democracies we live in are assumed by the average person to be the way things are meant to be. I don't know how things are meant to be, but the systems we live in are corrupt at the highest level. Democracy is irrelevant because instead of forming policies that help and progress the people, politicians are payed off by corporations so that they do not have to pay a fair tax.

The governments are supposed to serve the people, not the other way around. Politicians don't care about politics they care about getting elected and staying in power. For the exact reason stated above.

But all this is lost on the voters, people treat political parties as if they are sports teams. Nobody cares about the policies or transparency which are the most important things in a democracy. It's a black and white issue, my party is right, the others are wrong. Regardless of what policies they may share.

It's not a democracy when all the public services are run by private companies. If that's the case where you live then that just means at some point in the past a politician has sold the people's assets off to the highest bidder for personal gain. When public transport is run by private companies they can charge whatever ridiculously high prices they want and the working class people who are dependent on those services will suffer and pay, if the government ran those services they could charge lower rates and use the profits as tax income for the economy. But it just takes one government to be corrupt and sell that asset off for profit, when in the long term it decimates the economy.

There are real evil people in this world. They run the show.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 01:23:19 pm »
I better my life by posting on a game forum!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 01:25:10 pm by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 01:29:44 pm »
Guys, I've got it all figured out. I was SO NAIVE last year, before I turned 16, but I'm pretty sure I understand the entirety of human conflict now.
If only everyone else could just understand!
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline dnmr

• Camper
  • emotionally handicapped
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 01:50:25 pm »
Guys, I've got it all figured out. I was SO NAIVE last year, before I turned 16, but I'm pretty sure I understand the entirety of human conflict now.
Guys, i was SO CONFLICT when i was last year, but i understand the human naivety now. If only everyone else wasn't 16!

DarkCrusade

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 02:12:17 pm »
I better my life by posting on a game forum!

Keep this thread serious. If I wanted it to be focussed down by trolls, I would have posted in the Bash Pit.

You dare calling me a useless cunt but show your true unworthyness by typing the above shit. Grow up.

Guys, i was SO CONFLICT when i was last year, but i understand the human naivety now. If only everyone else wasn't 16!

I thought you were smarter than that.

Offline dnmr

• Camper
  • emotionally handicapped
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 02:42:47 pm »
I thought you were smarter than that.
nah, not really.

Maybe I'm smart enough to acknowledge the fact that you described, but so is anyone else with half a brain. Most people I know personally are fully aware of how shit the world order is as it is now. But I tend to not think about it, because it scares me. I'm afraid to think that common people have no freedom at all, and that nobody can do anything about it. It makes me very uncomfortable deep inside, more uncomfortable that most other things. I don't have a lot of money, nor any power whatsoever. I'm just a single little cog in this grand machine, and that's how it's been for thousands of years. The only thing that would possibly change the situation would be assassinating the real people in power, but that is practically impossible. First of all, nobody knows who all of them are, and where  exactly they are. Even if you find them you'll be dead before you see them. And even if you manage to do that, new leaders will take their place, because that's how people are built. We live how we live today because the society is built according to our psychology. People are greedy, gullible and easy to manipulate by definition, and we haven't changed much in the past millenia.
Therefore the only reasonable thing left to do is living this life as well as you can. Eat healthy and do some physical exercise once in a while so you don't die at the age of 30. Produce something useful and do your work well. Also, try not to be an asshole to people and don't judge others. That's more important to have on your mind than how corrupted the political class is, unless you are insane enough to join their ranks and try to change something. Start a rebellion and die within a week if you really want to. Good luck on that.

So yeah, I don't really have anything serious to contribute to the topic because I've already gone through it in my head. It would amuse me to read what others want to say about it though.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 02:57:55 pm »
You would think every person with half a brain would know how sucky this place is, but a bit ignorance saves your day if you want it to be a comfortable one. Only a small percentage of people who I know are actually aware of the problems surrounding us, which surprised me at first, because all of them are intelligent individuals. I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Mitak

• Camper
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 03:00:43 pm »
Poor DC is demotivated and helpless.

Try teasing his German guilt for a real intellectual erection.

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 03:19:09 pm »
We can always invoke Godwin and refer to his Nazi heritage which makes him want to become a better person, even if he cant.

Meanwhile, ill be comfy under my rock and ignore everything that is happening around me, so i can achieve true bliss.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 03:24:33 pm »
You dare calling me a useless cunt but show your true unworthyness by typing the above shit. Grow up.

whoa, I quoted this expecting "cunt" to be spelled out with little italic brackets in the middle but the swear filter is actually gone now!
that's neat.

*edit*
also, new sig material!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 03:26:12 pm by Lord Frunkamunch »
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 03:38:13 pm »
we don't live in a perfect world, never did, and never will. your whining looks like we're living in the shittiest times, but im glad im living now and not 500 years ago. i prefer democracy in its corrupt form more than any other system invented. Of course we could have it better, but you need to learn to appreciate what you've got. Your fatalism comes from the sudden realisation of how it works, now you just have to get used to it.
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2011, 03:45:54 pm »
It may not be as bad as it seems. It's not like every manager/politician/etc is a power-obsessed tyrant. I'm sure there actually are those who use their position for good purpose.
And it's not like everyone sits on their asses ignoring what's happening in the world. Sure there are many people like that (including me). But there are people who take action too. Politicians are some of such people - the worked and studied hard to achieve their status (well, at least some of them did), they didn't sit their asses off.

I think you're just generalizing things and don't see the entire picture. Or maybe I don't. But to be honest, I don't care much. I hear a lot of things, both good and bad. And the way I see it - "good" and "bad" in our world are somewhat balanced. Actually I'd say our world is leaning more towards the good, since the many things we need for happiness can't be achieved by "bad" means.

Anyway, the world is too complex to summarize its possible future in one paragraph and everyone views it differently, so this discussion will probably end up no different than one of those religion threads.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 08:40:49 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2011, 07:37:02 pm »
This is so fucking sad.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 08:54:56 pm »
Keep it serious guys, this is not the bash pit.

As for myself, I've actually developed quite the opposite view compared to DC. I'm rather optimistic.

So I just started university this September, and while it's only been little over two weeks, it's felt like being hit in the face by a hammer of knowledge. It's tough but it feels good to finally be 'on track'. As some of you may have noticed, I haven't exactly been active lately - not in here anyways. 'tis 'cause uni takes up all my time with either classes, homework or drinking arrangements. Oh god the drinking. It's harsh even for me.

As for the suicide of democracy that DC speaks of.. actually there was an election in Denmark just last night. I'm not exactly sure what the English term is, but we were electing the head of state. People basically went mad, and suddenly everyone was a master politician. I should point out that I didn't even vote, 'cause it makes little difference in a political system that's so centralized as ours - especially considering that I'm getting out of here as soon as I'm done with uni. However, the election is over and half of Denmark now spends its nights whining on facebook about the ruin of our country. Oh well.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 09:11:33 pm by echo_trail »
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2011, 11:37:54 pm »
[...]I'm getting out of here as soon as I'm done with uni.

Where are you going?
There are other worlds than these

Offline panda_bear_smoking

• Major(1)
  • I'm thrilled to have made you cum -jrgp-
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2011, 01:29:31 am »
any one seen zeigeist:moving forward covers the whole "everything is fucked up and im really stupid because i didnt understand this when i was 12" like dc said but it also covers the hope of improving and changing which i thought since i was 12 that it could only be done by taking down the elite like the dc said. i now feel that the zeigeist movment has a better plan which is TOO STOP PLAYING THEIR GAME. just get pissed i say we quit and get back to life instead of this rat race shit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z9WVZddH9w ending made me cry , film as a whole changed my life

DC what took you so long... little slow in the head eh it's ok i still love you
°~°Discussion or mention of the anime/manga cartoon series, comics, books or anything at all related to Naruto, or further relating it in anyway with our admin Chakra is forbidden. On here or on soldat-related IRC channels.  in game name jebushunter 9yrs

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2011, 02:04:54 am »

Where are you going?

Probably China for a few years. After that I'm not sure about yet.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2011, 06:42:43 am »
whether he knows it or not ds dude probably has the most accurate viewpoint in this thread

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2011, 07:14:19 am »

Where are you going?

Probably China for a few years. After that I'm not sure about yet.

Why not Germany or Italy or England or something? Hell, why not the US? We should chill and get wasted, echo.
There are other worlds than these