Author Topic: Perk and Tactical nade ideas  (Read 1675 times)

Offline J4tk1n5

• Major(1)
Perk and Tactical nade ideas
« on: December 05, 2011, 06:42:58 am »
My ideas for soldat.
Imagine if soldat had perks, I think they would be a nice addition and make the game more dynamic and allow more playstyles, so here are some perks that I think will enhance the game.

Stopping power: bullets will slow enemy players down faster than normal ( players will not receive extra damage from stopping power as it will affect the weapon balance).

Explosive Jacket: increases explosive resistance. ( if directly hit by a grenade, the player will not die but will have their health stripped to a bare minimum)

Undermine: Invisible while prone( only if the player stays prone, When weapon is fired the player will be revealed, player is also revealed if damaged, player takes extra damage, i also think this will be a noobish perk, so i might strip it.).

Sharpshooter: slightly increases accuracy(enable longer bursts as accuracy is increaded).

Marksman: increases bullet arc ( Depending on the weapon, this might overpower some weapons but as i said, a ddifferent percentage  can be used for each weapon. )

Ninja: move silently ( good for realistic gameplay)

Frequent Flyer: slightly faster regeneration ( not enough to allow the player to boost out of the map)

Spy: In realistic games, the player would be able to see enemies certain distance behind them ( as the enemies are invisible in realistic mode if they are behind you)

Launch: Jump higher, bunny hop faster ( only slightly).

Stiff Arm: Throw grenades and knives slightly further than normal.

Scavenge: 1/3 chance to pick a fresh grenade up from a fallen enemy (if the player has no weapons, they will be supplied with a knife which is also 1/3 chance).

Speedload: reload slightly faster and can reload while rolling/summersaulting

Quickdraw: switch weapons 50% faster

Evade : when the player summersaults, they recieve less bullet damage

Knuckle busters: when the player is bare handed, they will have knuckle busters, effectively increasing fist damage (2 hits in normal mode, 1 hit in realistic).

ADDED:

Dropdown: No fall damage (realistic mode only )

Heatvision: Grenades glow bright red with this perk enabled. ( able to see enemy grenades easier )

Another addition to the game that I think will be cool is more grenade types ( not just cluster nades ) such as tactical grenades. I think these will add that little bit more strategy into the game . Here are some grenade types that I think would be a great addition.

TYPES OF GRENADES:

Stick: nades that stick to enemy players for guaranteed death and have a wider explosive range

Concussion: if an enemy is within range of a concussion grenade when it explodes, the player will have their sensitivity decreased by 70% and their movement speed decreased by 30%.

Flash: if an enemy is within range of a Flash grenade when it explodes, the enemy players screen will turn white so they cant see anything.

Claymores: Planted on ground, explode when enemy is in close proximity.

Trophy Magnet Grenades: This type of grenade I got from halo, its like the grenade that creates a shield in halo. I know it doesn’t fit into the modern type of game setting that this is, but I think it would be a cool addition. (players inside the dome can shoot out of the dome but players outside the dome cant shoot in.)

Bouncing Betties: Same as claymore but bounces up into the air then explodes.( from cod 5)

ADDED:

Smoke: an area is coverd in smoke. ( i did not suggest this, it had been suggestted in the replies).

Well those are some ideas I had for a while that I know wont be added into the game but I would like to hear your opinions?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 05:08:15 pm by J4tk1n5 »

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
Re: Perk and Tactical nade ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 07:02:34 am »
I like soldat for its simplicity so adding all these features would harm the game imo. You might want to check the tw/ttw scripted gamemode in which you can choose your character proffesions[general,long range, short range, radio man etc]. Unfortunately most of the features you've listed arent scriptable and I dont think devs will be up to implementing them.

Also things that make no sense to me:
Explosive Jacket: increases explosive resistance. ( if directly hit by a grenade, the player will not die but will have their health stripped to a bare minimum)
Well so reduced health to 10% and few shots from any auto guy kill you, not really useful right?

Sharpshooter: slightly increases accuracy
Not sure whats that suppose to mean? Add auto aim or what?

Frequent Flyer: slightly more jet power/Fuel ( not enough to allow the player to boost out of the map)
theres usually enough jetpack if you know how to use it

Scavenge: 1/3 chance to pick a fresh grenade up from a fallen enemy (if the player has no weapons, they will be supplied with a knife).
Secondary weapon is usually a knife so this isnt such a good idea either, plus there are nades kit at your spawn at most times.

Switching weapons is really fast

Flash: if an enemy is within range of a Flash grenade when it explodes, the enemy players screen will turn white so they cant see anything
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=38584.0
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=38577.0

Mines script, I use it on my servers though.

You should start giving ideas/suggestions for new gamemodes. Maybe you and some decent scripter can create brand new gamemode which will attract lots of players.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 07:14:48 am by Bonecrusher »

Im chill like that

Offline J4tk1n5

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 07:08:20 am »
I like soldat for its simplicity so adding all these features would harm the game imo. You might want to check the tw/ttw scripted gamemode in which you can choose your character proffesions[general,long range, short range, radio man etc]. Unfortunately most of the features you've listed arent scriptable and I dont think devs will be up to implementing them.

Thanks for your honest opinion, but what did you think of my perk ideas? and what perk would you use the most if you could?

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 03:26:52 pm »
Stopping power: bullets will slow enemy players down ( players will not receive extra damage from stopping power as it will affect the weapon balance).
Um, it's already in the game actually.. Ask your teammate to shoot straight at you and then try to walk through the shower of bullets. With guns like Spas and Minigun the pushback is especially noticeable.

I think bullet-proof vest already does that.

Undermine: Invisible while prone ( only if the player stays prone, When weapon is fired the player will be revealed, player is also revealed if damaged, player takes extra damage).
The challenge campers face is finding a bush/rock/whatever they can hide behind and stay unnoticed. This perk would remove the only fun and challenging part camping/sniping has, and turns it into cheap OLOLOLO IM INVISIBLE, so I have to say "no" to this one. :S

Sharpshooter: slightly increases accuracy
Soldat is about pure player skill, IMHO abstract stats that magically make you shoot better or take less damage shouldn't be there. Shooting better is about aiming better and taking less damage is about dodging and predicting enemy movements well.

Marksman: increases bullet arc ( Depending on the weapon )
It might add some difficulty to balance, because some weapons don't depend on bullet arc too much, while for some weapons it's a way to balance them and not make them overpowered. Also, bullet arc is what makes each weapon unique, so IMHO it shouldn't be changed.

Ninja: move silently ( good for realistic gameplay)
This sounds more like it (I'd also add "make jetting quieter" and "can fall from higher altitude without taking damage"). Problem is - it'd be useless in non-realistic games.

Frequent Flyer: slightly more jet power/Fuel ( not enough to allow the player to boost out of the map)
That is a no-no - many maps are designed with a specific amount of fuel in mind to make certain areas of the map unreachable with jets, and this perk would give players a significant advantage on some maps.

Spy: In realistic games, the player would be able to see enemies certain distance behind them ( as the enemies are invisible in realistic mode if they are behind you)
That may not be too bad, though I don't play realistic too often and can't say how much of an impact it might have on balance. The range of view behind the player would have to be far enough to be useful, but not too far to not make it overpowered.

Launch: Jump higher, bunny hop faster.
Since the entire movement system in Soldat is pretty much based on bunnyhopping and jumping this perk would be way too overpowered. :S

Stiff Arm: Throw grenades and knives slightly further than normal.
I don't have anything against this I guess.

Scavenge: 1/3 chance to pick a fresh grenade up from a fallen enemy (if the player has no weapons, they will be supplied with a knife).
This doesn't sound too bad, but what if a player doesn't have an open slot for a knife? I'd say a chance to get a nade is fine, though personally I'm not a fan of "chances" at all - they're for MMORPGs, not shooters. :S

Speedload: reload slightly faster and can reload while rolling/summersaulting
Reload is an important part of weapon balance, I don't think perks and such should mess with it.

This sounds fine, I have nothing against it.

Commando roll : when the player summersaults, they cannot be Damaged by bullets
This can be easily abused - player can just keep rolling left and right until enemy runs out of bullets, and then counterattack while enemy is reloading. Reduced damage maybe.

Knuckle busters: when the player is bare handed, they will have knuckle busters, effectively increasing fist damage.
Kinda useless considering that going against an enemy with bare fists is suicide 99% of the time.

Another addition to the game that I think will be cool is more grenade types ( not just cluster nades ) such as tactical grenades. I think these will add that little bit more strategy into the game . Here are some grenade types that I think would be a great addition.

TYPES OF GRENADES:

Stick: nades that stick to enemy players for guaranteed death and have a wider explosive range
Well, if a nade touches a player - it'll explode immediately, so sticking to player is kinda pointless. I can't see how this can be useful in soldat.

Concussion: if an enemy is within range of a concussion grenade when it explodes, the player will have their sensitivity decreased by 70% and their movement speed decreased by 30%.
Mouse sensitivity can be easily increased if you have a "gamer mouse" that allows changing sensitivity on the fly. Maybe accuracy should be decreased instead + like you said, slower movement speed.

Flash: if an enemy is within range of a Flash grenade when it explodes, the enemy players screen will turn white so they cant see anything.
Within range AND if grenade is in line of sight - that would make more sense and make it less cheap. But yeah, would be a nice addition, though there needs to be a way to disable it on certain maps (imagine everyone spamming flash grenades on Arena2)

The problem with claymores in many games is that they do a lot of damage and yet extremely hard to detect and avoid. If they were to be added to Soldat - they'd need to be noticeable enough, otherwise anyone could hide them in bushes and they'd be impossible to notice. A small blinking light maybe or a beeping noise..

Trophy Magnet Grenades: This type of grenade I got from halo, its like the grenade that creates a shield in halo. I know it doesn’t fit into the modern type of game setting that this is, but I think it would be a cool addition. (players inside the dome can shoot out of the dome but players outside the dome cant shoot in.)
Would be too overpowered, and like you said - doesn't really fit the style.. though I like that concept in more tactical gamemodes.

Bouncing Betties: Same as claymore but bounces up into the air then explodes.
IMHO pointless and a clear rip-off of Borderlands.

Personally I'd simplify the list and only have fewer grenades but with more clear advantages and disadvantages:
0. Regular grenades - do damage.
1. Clusters - do less damage but cover a larger area.
2. Mines/Claymores - do damage, stay longer, but can't be thrown, can be spotted.
3. Concussion - debuff enemies, don't do damage.
4. Flash Grenade - debuff enemies, has to be in line of sight, don't do damage.
5. Smoke Grenade - covers an area with smoke. Neutral, can be used both to help your team and against enemies.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 05:50:12 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline J4tk1n5

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 04:54:22 pm »
thanks for your help guys.
im glad you agree with atleast some of them and diddnt pick on every one of my ideas! appreciate it.

But for the scavange perk you still have 1/3 chance with the knife, you wouldent get it everytime. or mabye dont even get a knife

i agree with you commando roll with the take less damage

the bouncing betties i actually got from cod 5 lol. but thats okay.

i also agrre with the claymore idea.

mabye i could change frequent flyier from more power to slightly faster regeneration, even though it regenerates quite quickly.

with the flak jacket, yes, the grenade wont kill you on impact but it  will bring your health to a minimum. gives you a chance to escape. better than dying straight away IMO

knuckle busters, would probably bee 2 hits, like in realistic, making it usful if they knock your weapon out of your hands.

Ill modify my post. thanks for your opinions.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 11:30:39 am »
Official: Never!
Mod: Maybe...

Offline PIXEL^^^ODST^^^

• Major(1)
  • I CAME,I SAW AND I TOOK YOUR FLAG
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 12:44:42 pm »
DUDE YOU WILL DESTROY THE GAME WITH YOUR IDEAS. YOUR IDEA IS FINE AS A MOD .   >:(  >:(  >:(  REMEMBER THIS IS NOT WARCRAFT OR DOTA LOL  :D   ;D

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 02:56:40 pm »
I don't see any harm in adding them as bonus kits just like cluster grenades are. Things like concussion grenades, mines, flashbangs and smoke grenades fit Soldat's style just fine IMO. They'd add a more depth and variety to the gameplay while at the same time overall gameplay would still be mostly the same. If anything - bonuses could always be turned off (like they always are now -_- ).

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 06:55:35 pm »
I don't see any harm in adding them as bonus kits just like cluster grenades are. Things like concussion grenades, mines, flashbangs and smoke grenades fit Soldat's style just fine IMO. They'd add a more depth and variety to the gameplay while at the same time overall gameplay would still be mostly the same. If anything - bonuses could always be turned off (like they always are now -_- ).

My special horn salutes to this idea, however it's just that these 'minor' or 'insignificant' things are just not so easy to get started especially when it's not a two second operation. We'll see if the team wishes to put these ideas into queue, code it, re-arrange whatever must, illustrate new sprites, testing testing, hear out feedback/suggestions and lastly realize if their work was spectacular or just no good waste of time.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 04:26:21 am »
I'm not too sure about adding them in the first place. Like you said, they are always turned off; I can never find a game with bonuses enabled except in script servers which are rather rare nowadays too. Since everyone is going to turn it off anyway, would it simply be a waste of time?

Regarding the stiff-arm perk: I remember Soldat now lets your momentum affect the grenade speed like the M79 does. Not sure about knife.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 08:53:44 am »
In fact, dev team have many things to fix already... There's no time to create new things in Soldat at this moment...

Offline PIXEL^^^ODST^^^

• Major(1)
  • I CAME,I SAW AND I TOOK YOUR FLAG
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 11:42:36 am »
lol machina is right  8)  8)

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 11:49:10 am »
lol machina is right  8)  8)
So applaud me then :P Yea, right is mine! xD

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 02:48:59 pm »
I'm not too sure about adding them in the first place. Like you said, they are always turned off; I can never find a game with bonuses enabled except in script servers which are rather rare nowadays too. Since everyone is going to turn it off anyway, would it simply be a waste of time?
Right now I think it would be a waste of time. While perks and new nades aren't a bad idea - the only thing that can save Soldat now is a major revamp of the game - graphics, interface, netcode, noob-friendliness - all of that needs to be improved to meet modern standards, otherwise the game will continue going downhill.

Imagine TotalBiscuit doing a review of Soldat (which, by the way, is a possibility and would be a great way to promote Soldat if not for the fact that it's so old, and I doubt TB will review such an old game). In case you don't know who TotalBiscuit is - here's his first-impression review of King Arthur's Gold: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTI2kec60d4
Imagine him making a "WTF is Soldat" and dealing with all of the game's issues.. and imagine what it would be like with those issues were fixed.

-----------

By the way, I think the reason bonuses are being turned off is the fact that many of them have issues - (predator being either too OP or too weak depending on map's graphics, clusters doing miserable damage and replacing your normal grenades, flamethrower having absolutely pathetic hit reg) let alone the fact that bonus spawner placement isn't well thought-through on most maps. That makes them more of an annoyance than a fun feature, so it's not surprising they get turned off. I'm sure bonuses would become more popular if they were actually implemented properly.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 03:05:02 pm by L[0ne]R »