Author Topic: You've been ping kicked for 15 mins  (Read 4697 times)

Offline ali

• Major(1)
You've been ping kicked for 15 mins
« on: October 03, 2011, 07:03:19 am »
Why do I keep getting this message whenever I try to play a game online? Its very annoying. I have a 4MB connection!!!

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
Re: You've been ping kicked for 15 mins
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 07:26:22 am »
Your ping is too high for the servers.
Try turning down torrents and other internet sucking software.
And if you are on a lan/wireless connection, kick out all the internet suckers from it....
Also it's best to know in which country the server is located, the closer it is to your country the more chances it will have lower ping...
The safest thing to do is jumping out of a plane!

Offline ali

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 07:38:19 am »
Even when my ping is 300-400 I get kicked :(. Its extremely annoying and happens 90% of the time!!!

Offline JotEmI

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 07:47:48 am »
Even when my ping is 300-400 I get kicked :(. Its extremely annoying and happens 90% of the time!!!

300-400 ping is very high. Try finding servers closer to your location.

Offline ali

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 07:49:13 am »
Whats the difference? I can play the game perfectly fine  >:(

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 08:04:41 am »
It just looks so but other players see you warp.

Offline ali

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 08:36:32 am »
No they don't. They shoot at me all the time i'm never ignored. I used to play on dial up a few years ago and even then I didn't have any issue.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 08:42:08 am »
http://speedtest.net/ Make a test and post here a picture with result...

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 11:29:27 am »
well ping limit is set by the server so there's not really much you can do about that, you just have to optimize/upgrade your connection until you can keep a stable ping within their limit.
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline ali

• Major(1)
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 07:12:41 pm »
http://speedtest.net/ Make a test and post here a picture with result...

Does anyone know of a server with a high ping limit??

And plz remove this dumb feature from soldat!

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 11:02:30 pm »
It is a good feature, because we don't want trolls like you coming in with your ridiculous pings and making the game shitty for everyone but you. The ping kick is up to the server admin, not you, so either deal with it and find a server with a suitable ping for you to play or don't play at all.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline ali

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 11:31:19 pm »
How am I a troll, idiot? I've never noticed any difference in the game and neither has anyone else, why the fuck would everyone be shooting accurately all the damn time if the game had been shitty?

And no other game in the world has this feature, and there's never any trouble there. I.e Wow, Warcraft, CoD, etc. So why the fuck would it be a problem for Soldat?

And 300 ping isn't bad, only when its like 1000 would it be an issue.

So fuck off before calling me a troll, bitch.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 12:13:07 am »
Wow, just wow.

How am I a troll, idiot? I've never noticed any difference in the game and neither has anyone else, why the fuck would everyone be shooting accurately all the damn time if the game had been shitty?
Consider these possibilities:
1) They might have noticed the difference, even though you think they didn't.
2) They might not have been accurate all the damn time, even though you think they were.
3) Maybe they just were that good.

And no other game in the world has this feature, and there's never any trouble there. I.e Wow, Warcraft, CoD, etc. So why the fuck would it be a problem for Soldat?
Many games have this feature, it's a fact. Laggy players ruin the game for other players, that is also a fact. Therefore it's a problem for Soldat, and ping kick somewhat fixes that problem.

300 ping is bad, it's a fact. 150 ping is acceptable, but more than that would be pushing it.

Accept it: Something is wrong with your internet, not the game. Fix your internet. Period.

Offline ali

• Major(1)
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 01:01:42 am »
Which other game has the feature ping kick?  ::)  ::)  ::)

1) I notice absolutely no difference between when I play with bots on my computer and when I play online. If there's 0 lag for me, everything's happening super fast, in real time, how can there be lag for anyone or others whose ping is better than mine?

2) How much data do you think soldat has to transfer? Its not a graphic intensive game like WOW that has to transfer like 500 kb a minute. It probably only transfers 10 kb a minute. Even dial up is good enough for that. 300-400 ping is more than enough for this!!!

3) I play other games all the time on game ranger which are far more resource heavy than soldat, and there's no lag for anyone there either.

I'm a programmer so I know what I'm talking about.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 01:03:28 am by ali »

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 01:45:14 am »
:D :D I like this guy

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 02:08:59 am »
I dunno, pretty good troll until that comment.

Offline xmRipper

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • Personal
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 02:31:37 am »
(...)

(...)
lol 300 ping is really bad for a online fast-paced shooter game. And other fps games has that feature too.
Btw ping is not that important for mmoprg games like WoW etc.
Co-Founder / CTO @ Macellan
Founder Turkish Soldat Community

Offline Denacke

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Soldier
  • Cake!
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 03:33:44 am »

Nearly every on line game has a ping kick feature. Playing with people who have 400 ping is nearly impossible, there is almost half a second delay between what you do and what we see.

You also don't seem to know the difference between latency(ping) and bandwith:

Bandwith is how much traffic it takes when playing the game, in Soldat that's about 5 KiB per second upload and download.
Latency is how long it takes for the packets you send to arrive at their destination (the server).

So whether you have a connection with a bandwith of 4 mbit/s or 1 mbit/s, soldat will show the same ping. The soldat packets won't be delivered faster because you have more bandwith available (you already have plenty).

My guess is that for all those other games you play, you have servers nearby (or latency is slightly less important like in WoW). In soldat the amount of servers available is limited at the moment. Might we know where you live? perhaps we could direct you to some of the soldat communities in your area who often offer gathers located there.

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2011, 05:55:26 am »
50/100ms ping kick is quite normal in other games...

but yeah, he's just trolling.

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 07:28:14 am »
Hello, Ali.

When you are in the server menu in soldat.
Make sure the server list is sorted by ping. If not click on the "ping" header to sort the column.
Are there any interesting server you can join below 150 ping?
-If so, join one of these: problem solved.
-If not, upgrade your connection or change your ISP.

For more information about lag: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lag_(online_gaming)

« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 07:30:40 am by Bistoufly »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 02:48:48 pm »
Battlefield series, Call of Duty series, King Arthur's Gold, Altitude, Counter-Strike Source, Half-Life 2, Team Fortress 2, and those are just the ones that I actually played...

1) I notice absolutely no difference between when I play with bots on my computer and when I play online. If there's 0 lag for me, everything's happening super fast, in real time, how can there be lag for anyone or others whose ping is better than mine?
Lag spikes are another possibility. Sometimes it may seem normal, but then your ping might spike to a very high value which could cause you to get kicked. Also, I'm not sure why it happens, but sometimes it may seem normal on your screen but other players see you warp all over the place.

2) How much data do you think soldat has to transfer? Its not a graphic intensive game like WOW that has to transfer like 500 kb a minute. It probably only transfers 10 kb a minute. Even dial up is good enough for that. 300-400 ping is more than enough for this!!!
Denacke has explained the difference between ping and bandwidth pretty well, so read his post. I'll also add that Soldat has a crappy netcode, so while other games might not be too laggy even with a 200 ping, Soldat suffers a lot more from it. Also.. "graphic intensity" has absolutely nothing to do with internet connection. WoW is aclually a lot more forgiving in terms of lag than Soldat, because WoW doesn't require as much accuracy and precision during gameplay.

3) I play other games all the time on game ranger which are far more resource heavy than soldat, and there's no lag for anyone there either.
It's possible that your router doesn't like something about the way Soldat sends and receives data over the internet. Try doing the things that others have already suggested. I would also suggest you download a previous version of the game (v1.5) and try joining any of its servers (if there are any left), try turning off your firewall and check if there's anything wrong with your router.

Your "2)" creates a completely opposite impression...

« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 02:56:34 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2011, 03:46:11 am »
Also, I'm not sure why it happens, but sometimes it may seem normal on your screen but other players see you warp all over the place.
This is different depending on the game. In soldat what you explained happens and in Quake Live for instance everybody sees you normal, but everybody else warps to you. Also, your bullets fires with a delay.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2011, 08:21:11 am »
Well, we sorry about that all servers kick you from game... But we really can'y help you. It's your internet fault...

Offline ali

• Major(1)
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2011, 03:25:31 am »
I just played with a friend who is in a different continent than me. We had 300 ping. Still it was just like playing with bots, none of us experienced any lag!

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2011, 03:42:18 am »
SCREW YOU!!!
Do you know what it is like to open your email and see a fucking "YOU HAVE BEEN PINK KICKED FOR 15 MINUTES" ?!?!?!?!?!

Fuck this topic

Offline ali

• Major(1)
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2011, 10:54:09 pm »
SCREW YOU!!!
Do you know what it is like to open your email and see a fucking "YOU HAVE BEEN PINK KICKED FOR 15 MINUTES" ?!?!?!?!?!

Fuck this topic
No but I imagine it must be pretty traumatic because it seems to have done permanent brain damage. May god have mercy on your soul.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2011, 12:53:23 am »
No but I imagine it must be pretty traumatic because it seems to have done permanent brain damage. May god have mercy on your soul.
You should beg God to has mercy on your internet connection...

Offline ali

• Major(1)
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2011, 08:07:33 am »
 [pigtail]