Author Topic: You've been ping kicked for 15 mins  (Read 4638 times)

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
Re: You've been ping kicked for 15 mins
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 02:48:48 pm »
Which other game has the feature ping kick?  ::)  ::)  ::)
Battlefield series, Call of Duty series, King Arthur's Gold, Altitude, Counter-Strike Source, Half-Life 2, Team Fortress 2, and those are just the ones that I actually played...

1) I notice absolutely no difference between when I play with bots on my computer and when I play online. If there's 0 lag for me, everything's happening super fast, in real time, how can there be lag for anyone or others whose ping is better than mine?
Lag spikes are another possibility. Sometimes it may seem normal, but then your ping might spike to a very high value which could cause you to get kicked. Also, I'm not sure why it happens, but sometimes it may seem normal on your screen but other players see you warp all over the place.

2) How much data do you think soldat has to transfer? Its not a graphic intensive game like WOW that has to transfer like 500 kb a minute. It probably only transfers 10 kb a minute. Even dial up is good enough for that. 300-400 ping is more than enough for this!!!
Denacke has explained the difference between ping and bandwidth pretty well, so read his post. I'll also add that Soldat has a crappy netcode, so while other games might not be too laggy even with a 200 ping, Soldat suffers a lot more from it. Also.. "graphic intensity" has absolutely nothing to do with internet connection. WoW is aclually a lot more forgiving in terms of lag than Soldat, because WoW doesn't require as much accuracy and precision during gameplay.

3) I play other games all the time on game ranger which are far more resource heavy than soldat, and there's no lag for anyone there either.
It's possible that your router doesn't like something about the way Soldat sends and receives data over the internet. Try doing the things that others have already suggested. I would also suggest you download a previous version of the game (v1.5) and try joining any of its servers (if there are any left), try turning off your firewall and check if there's anything wrong with your router.

I'm a programmer so I know what I'm talking about.
Your "2)" creates a completely opposite impression...

« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 02:56:34 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2011, 03:46:11 am »
Also, I'm not sure why it happens, but sometimes it may seem normal on your screen but other players see you warp all over the place.
This is different depending on the game. In soldat what you explained happens and in Quake Live for instance everybody sees you normal, but everybody else warps to you. Also, your bullets fires with a delay.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2011, 08:21:11 am »
Well, we sorry about that all servers kick you from game... But we really can'y help you. It's your internet fault...

Offline ali

• Major(1)
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2011, 03:25:31 am »
I just played with a friend who is in a different continent than me. We had 300 ping. Still it was just like playing with bots, none of us experienced any lag!

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2011, 03:42:18 am »
SCREW YOU!!!
Do you know what it is like to open your email and see a fucking "YOU HAVE BEEN PINK KICKED FOR 15 MINUTES" ?!?!?!?!?!

Fuck this topic
The safest thing to do is jumping out of a plane!

Offline ali

• Major(1)
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2011, 10:54:09 pm »
SCREW YOU!!!
Do you know what it is like to open your email and see a fucking "YOU HAVE BEEN PINK KICKED FOR 15 MINUTES" ?!?!?!?!?!

Fuck this topic
No but I imagine it must be pretty traumatic because it seems to have done permanent brain damage. May god have mercy on your soul.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2011, 12:53:23 am »
No but I imagine it must be pretty traumatic because it seems to have done permanent brain damage. May god have mercy on your soul.
You should beg God to has mercy on your internet connection...

Offline ali

• Major(1)
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2011, 08:07:33 am »
 [pigtail]