Author Topic: The Graveyard {INF}  (Read 6211 times)

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
Re: The Graveyard {INF}
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 12:20:20 pm »
tbh I like realistic mode better for inf as well. I just think ppl prefer normal mode over realistic these days.

Offline Amida

• Major
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 02:05:59 pm »
don't mind realistic but the fall damage and recoil can get annoying after a while. I still agree with Loner about the same old maps being played over and over, we need a good map maker to make some for us  :|

« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 03:21:16 pm by Amida »

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2012, 02:07:41 pm »
Oooh, an active INF server?
I don't even remember when I had my last INF match, but I do remember that it was fun.

I'll try to hop on now and then, maybe I'll even get excited enough to make a map ;)
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2012, 02:14:17 pm »
I can't say i can argue for the case of realistic, as i never seemed to catch onto that game mode. Being able to see the enemy wherever he can be definitely has its advantages, but the enemy can also see where you are at too. It's a two-way street. If anything, it makes cracking through base defenses much more unforgiving, but also much more rewarding. But that's only my take on it.

EDIT:
Oooh, an active INF server?
I don't even remember when I had my last INF match, but I do remember that it was fun.

I'll try to hop on now and then, maybe I'll even get excited enough to make a map ;)

Hey we'd love to have more members around! Looks like i should hop on the graveyard tonight again.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 02:15:58 pm by Biscuiteer »
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2012, 02:31:03 pm »
Remember that this is INF, it's unbalanced by definition. Therefor, seeing an enemy everywhere gives more advantage for defender, than for attacker.
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 07:30:09 pm »
As much as i don't want to create an argument, but i feel i have to address this. Yes, there hasn't been much inf developments for a good while. But Grave has been doing work for the inf scene.. that is reviving the good old Graveyard server. As i've noted before, the server has been getting some fairly good hits lately... getting filled up from time to time. To say that Grave hasn't been doing much just seems to be misleading.
Just hosting a server isn't enough. I've seen Amida do most of the work in managing the server, the scripts and the maplist before, and I'm getting the impression that it's the same way now. If I'm wrong - I'll take my words back and apologise. Bottom line is - it still hurts when you get called a useless emo just for expressing yourself.
* L[0ne]R wants a hug.

If you truly care about improving the life of the game, now is the perfect time to do it! We are at a (relatively) high point at the moment, so if we were to keep this momentum going then it can only do good for us. I'm sure you know what i am talking about. Don't let petty concerns get in your way to make a meaningfully positive difference.

I understand you find the original maps to be quite bland, so perhaps you can go ahead and spruce them up? No fancy rebalancing is needed, just improve on the aesthetics.
That's what I did with some of the remakes, but the results were disappointing - despite the mostly positive feedback on the forums, only 2 are actually being played (and that's only because they come with the game). From what I'm seeing so far - people either don't want or don't care about the remakes, which is demotivating to say the least. Before I do any more work - I need to understand what's wrong with the work that I've already done, otherwise it'll go to waste too.

-----------
Anyway, if anyone already has a layout idea (I know some of you scribble them when you're bored) - PM me and I'll try to make it into an actual map. I don't yet trust my ability to create new layouts myself, so I'd prefer leave that part in someone else's hands (not saying I won't try though).

Offline RafiPZ

• Soldier
  • You can't spell awesome without ME!
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2012, 07:47:59 pm »
Rafi's servers didn't live long for whatever reason

Hey the server had a good run...  :'(