Author Topic: barret is overpowered [normal]  (Read 2629 times)

Offline Rotem

• Major
barret is overpowered [normal]
« on: February 04, 2012, 02:38:57 pm »
just to many ppl use it in this version and it makes it be overused. made the most noob weapon after m79 . i think bink was lowered so u can shot some1 that has barret with steyr or AK like 5-6 shots in a row and he will still be able to kill u easely. what do u think about that?

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
Re: barret is overpowered [normal]
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 03:52:40 pm »
I think the main problem here is the way bink works (or rather, doesn't work) - no matter how much you're binked, you still have 33% chance of hitting exactly where you're aiming. Until that's fixed there's no point in trying to fix barrett's balance at all, as it will still be a flawed weapon.

Other than that I personally don't find many issues with it. It's a long-ranged weapon that has many cons in close range (long ass reload, bink [kind of], movement accuracy). When you do miss with it in close range - you're pretty much screwed. If bink worked properly - I think it would be a fairly balanced gun. My only issue with barrett is that there's no way of spotting a sniper off-screen, while he gets a head start thanks to the zoom. If you're up against a skilled sniper - you're in for a very frustrating duel where you repeatedly get killed without even seeing it coming.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 04:52:27 pm »
the problem of publics versus private matches. i think it's completely fine in the competitive scene.

i do agree it's rather overused on public servers but i don't really think it's because the weapon is op. people on publics tend to use one hitters more than other weapons, at least that's what i've noticed.

Offline Tehbugerz0r

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 02:23:06 pm »
I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think bink is completely client based. It only happens when the bullets on your screen hit you, even if they aren't really there and deal no damage. I almost exclusively play barrett, but I don't notice binking often. This may not be relative to weapon balance due to the fact it requires ping.

I do indeed find it odd that I often see every single player in a 8 player game has a barrett at the start of a map, this is in CTF though, I don't see it used at all in DM. Also the same thing happens with M79 in more cramped maps.

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 04:37:16 pm »
DM is for me somehow forcing barrett cause you are alone in the map and trying to survive and the best is a sniper to quickly kill a enemy .

CTF its good for base defense but somehow its loose very quickly cause in CTF more enemy's attack you at same time making you unable to defend

And yeah why is the recoil of barrett higher than reload on a m79 that rly suck and makes me rage every time i miss and m79 enemy misses he faster reload his m79 then i can shoot another bullet ( ok that i said only cause making it recoil longer would be madness like in 300 )
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 04:40:12 pm by Vucgy92 »
Choose one,
Bonecrusher