Author Topic: Devlog update (2012-02-19) Bugfixes, new features, new dev member  (Read 12055 times)

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
Re: Devlog update (2012-02-19) Bugfixes, new features, new dev member
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2012, 02:15:43 pm »
More points? Ok.
Why waste great mapmapers? (VirtualTT, L[one]r etc)
They are too dumb to work on Soldat? Or we have a problem here?
Because this is another problem that I've seen here. What the f have been done with the maps? Nothing, ever. I like the shitty old maps but hey, tomorrow we will find us playing against bots (only against them) and no one will want to play this classic-side-view-bugged-640x480-epic-game.

But this is not the main problem, everyone knows. What about the engine? Stretched resolutions? Blah! Argh!!!
Rewrite? New game? This is the hope that we got and we can live till there with the current bugs.

(Brazil - The biggest Soldat community ever)
wat
For sure. But it doesn't matter for you all, we are isolated in a continent so far away from US and Europe. But, you really don't need to discuss this point with me. Focus on what I said in general.

Edit: Set -1 on my Karma will not change anything too.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 02:23:20 pm by duz »
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2012, 02:50:15 pm »
dude duz you call sitting around on Arena camping with barrets while saying "jajajaja TM putz muthafuxk club" a community? You whine about them fixing "useless" bugs and then tell them to write an new engine from scratch? LOL if your not happy go make your own game called "TM WARZ" and leave the rest of us in peace.

gj soldat devs keep up the good work.
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2012, 03:22:25 pm »
sitting around on Arena camping with barrets while saying "jajajaja TM putz muthafuxk club" a community?
hahaha +1

you can't be serious... eats? it's been the main problem of soldat since the very first versions and you still act like you don't know what he's talking about.
Sadly fixing the hit/eat bug at this point in time isn't a good idea as the server and client network code is still not in sync.
We need to get them cleaned up  first which takes time.

yeah i do understand this and i think it's great that you are seemingly having process on it. it's just seemed like none of the new releases ever have done anything for the issue. the real problem here for me was jrgp's slightly arrogant attitude.

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2012, 04:36:23 pm »
dude duz you call sitting around on Arena camping with barrets while saying "jajajaja TM putz muthafuxk club" a community? You whine about them fixing "useless" bugs and then tell them to write an new engine from scratch? LOL if your not happy go make your own game called "TM WARZ" and leave the rest of us in peace.

Oh, seems that we have an idiot here. Doesn't matter what gamemode they play or if you don't like them. It don't change anything or this is just a CTF game/SCTFL game? We have played dozens (or hundreds? :)) of CTF, TM (You know that one time in every year we have the "Regional" - a TM 4vs4 championship  with teams formed by the brazilian regions[south, middle-west, northeast etc]? Or that we have a ranking/ladder called Matchburn [http://matchburn.com] with more than 4k matches, +2900 clans started and +4700 players registered, since 2010 {this is just the "new" ranking of soldat.com.br}] I think not.) and DM championships over there, in 2010 I've made (in total, more than 30 championships on some gamemodes) the LJC Infiltration AllStars with more than 120 players, 10vs10, with some euro friends like vor etc and you are ever waiting for SCTFL, just SCTFL and you never heard anything about my country. So, you're talking shit about what you don't know. And I can show my opinion about the current situation, I love this game, I spent almost 10 years playing this, who are you? I've played the old ESL seasons, TNL, SCTFL, SWC etc. You don't know me.

Ah. "jajajaja" it's a laugh of who speak spanish in South America, not brazilians. DUMB!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 05:04:03 pm by duz »
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
Awards

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2012, 05:05:24 pm »
What about polybug fixing? AFAIK it has more to do with collision detection rather than netcode. I mean random bounces when a player hits a connection of vertices of multiple polygons, or players getting stuck between polygons, grenades going through polygons, etc. It's one of the most major issues Soldat has other than eats, and it also adds unnecessary work for mapmakers. Is there any progress with that? (I'll later check the bugtracker and add this bug if it's not there yet.)

Overall I'm glad that some progress is being made and I really don't want to discourage the dev team, but I do somewhat agree that most game-breaking issues need to be addressed first, and minor annoyances like lack of teamchat for spectators in DM should be completely ignored for now (unless it's an easy one-minute fix).

Offline As de Espada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2012, 09:42:53 pm »
@dev team: good work. I saw that you are refactoring the code (organizing so it will be easier to develop) and that's really good. And fixing several bugs at the same time. Great!
I wonder how much of that you'll do before working on the "heavy" problems related to polygons and eats that were said before.

@duz calm down. (You shouldn't advertise Brazil in this post. What you wrote was nice though :))
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2012, 09:49:00 pm »

Oh, seems that we have an idiot here. Doesn't matter what gamemode they play or if you don't like them. It don't change anything or this is just a CTF game/SCTFL game? We have played dozens (or hundreds? :)) of CTF, TM (You know that one time in every year we have the "Regional" - a TM 4vs4 championship  with teams formed by the brazilian regions[south, middle-west, northeast etc]? Or that we have a ranking/ladder called Matchburn [http://matchburn.com] with more than 4k matches, +2900 clans started and +4700 players registered, since 2010 {this is just the "new" ranking of soldat.com.br}] I think not.) and DM championships over there, in 2010 I've made (in total, more than 30 championships on some gamemodes) the LJC Infiltration AllStars with more than 120 players, 10vs10, with some euro friends like vor etc and you are ever waiting for SCTFL, just SCTFL and you never heard anything about my country. So, you're talking shit about what you don't know. And I can show my opinion about the current situation, I love this game, I spent almost 10 years playing this, who are you? I've played the old ESL seasons, TNL, SCTFL, SWC etc. You don't know me.

Ah. "jajajaja" it's a laugh of who speak spanish in South America, not brazilians. DUMB!

Boohoo Hoo Hoo... my little joke was just to highlight the stupidity of your whining. Really, I'm glad countries like Brazil, Poland, Czech republic and long time ago australia had/have strong local communities but your long post about Brazilian local soldat scene just underlines one of the main problems for yourself: nobody outside of brazil knows about any of that stuff and brazil has never tried to include the rest of the soldat community in their leagues. I've played in ESL,TNL,SCTFL and they really strived to bring as much of the soldat community into the league, yes the clan scene is stronger in EU so it was a vast majority of EU players but the doors were always open. Many a times did people try to bring the NA/SA scene onto IRC during the past and many times it failed there just never became this bond between NA/SA soldat and IRC... I just see most of you drop in on webchat play a gather and quit, which is fine but it doesn't help people to form clans or get channels going. I am not sure why NA/SA clans never formed a strong IRC community and that is also a sad truth when we see the amount of NA/SA players but few clan wars that get played.  :(

And unfortunately the soldat population is dying so it is only normal that these "smaller" communities are hit first. Just whining about the devs is not going to solve anything and we should all realize it isn't really their fault. Their are many factors and we could list one of the main one as soldat being an ancient game nowadays, and things that should have been done years ago are only really starting to be taken care of now. When I see you just angerly whining that the devs should just make a new engine instead of fixing these "useless" bugs well quite frankly just want to slap you it is beyond a doubt the most retarded thing you have typed. Coding is hard. It is not a walk in the park, you become a good programmer from misery and pain: any coder that tells you his code has no bugs well he just hasn't found them yet as that is impossible. You can't just throw together a new engine... especially when the devs have lives also most of them are working full time or have studies. They give as much as they can, and if you think about it by ironing out these "useless" bugs it will basically become a new engine :)

Soldat took a long time to get on track and it may have taken too long, duz so I can understand your anger but really it is not helping now that finally we are going in the right direction. I'm sure if shoozza could fix hit/lags with his magic wand he would have done so by now... but like he has told us numerous times before they need to finish making the client/server code synced before they can focus on that. So really man keep QQ about your precious zumba zumba liga dying or try and do something about it. If these communities are so big and their leagues run so well then why don't you advertise it on here and sctfl.net and get an inter league going?

again gj devs keep it going don't let these fools get you down!
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Fubister

• Major
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2012, 09:54:09 pm »
who cares who are you duz, where you played and how long have you been playing for. Dev team is doing this for free, they spend as much time as they can, fixing bugs, the bugs that have been reported on bugs.soldat.pl they might be just a small ones, but this is the way it starts by small steps taking bigger steps. How many bugs in particularly have you reported? If people don't care do post a bug because they are too lazy to 'waste' their 5min of life. Stay in your Brazilian community and wait for next soldat releases. How easy is to say 'stop fixing small bugs, and rewrite soldat'. I like the idea someone said, go ahead and start your coding your own game from scratch for free in your free time and see how it is.

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2012, 11:52:26 pm »
CheeSeMan., I'll not read your last post. As one guy (he's not my friend) from your continent said to me on IRC right now:
Cheeseman is an idiot, just ignore him D:
Keep talking shit. Peace.

who cares who are you duz, where you played and how long have you been playing for. Dev team is doing this for free, they spend as much time as they can, fixing bugs, the bugs that have been reported on bugs.soldat.pl they might be just a small ones, but this is the way it starts by small steps taking bigger steps. How many bugs in particularly have you reported? If people don't care do post a bug because they are too lazy to 'waste' their 5min of life. Stay in your Brazilian community and wait for next soldat releases. How easy is to say 'stop fixing small bugs, and rewrite soldat'. I like the idea someone said, go ahead and start your coding your own game from scratch for free in your free time and see how it is.
Fubister, I respect you but I think that you don't understand why I said these things. Agree, no one cares but this guy said wrong things about my country, about me. I can't be important for his and your country, but it's not the same for my country and I think that he disrespected many people. I've reported many bugs on this forum, bugs.soldat.pl and IRC and I'm doing a FPS review of all Soldat versions because an AMD K62 can run it better than my i5. I know how difficult is to code some things and I know that hear "rewrite" sounds annoying after many times, but I can't see a Soldat takeover anymore, not before 2020 and I felt that I should post any thing, even if it can't change anything.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 11:55:30 pm by duz »
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
Awards

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2012, 01:07:18 am »
Quote from: sphinxa279
Fucking hell man, this game is still kicking? I remember making maps for it ages ago!

Edited:

downloaded for nostalgia

FP Community :D
Someone should advert for Soldat there
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 01:09:35 am by Blacksheepboy »

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2012, 06:19:32 am »
CheeSeMan., I'll not read your last post. As one guy (he's not my friend) from your continent said to me on IRC right now:

Fubister, I respect you but I think that you don't understand why I said these things. Agree, no one cares but this guy said wrong things about my country, about me. I can't be important for his and your country, but it's not the same for my country and I think that he disrespected many people. I've reported many bugs on this forum, bugs.soldat.pl and IRC and I'm doing a FPS review of all Soldat versions because an AMD K62 can run it better than my i5. I know how difficult is to code some things and I know that hear "rewrite" sounds annoying after many times, but I can't see a Soldat takeover anymore, not before 2020 and I felt that I should post any thing, even if it can't change anything.

who cares what random people said on the internet?  -.- I am sure theres many brazilians who will tell me duz is an idoit it doesn't mean they are right... just because this random guy is from my continent you don't read the post? rofl duz stop being a kid because some people don't agree with you anyhows i am not talking shit, if you had read the post you would know... you might not agree with me but I was not just talking shit to you... -.-

When I see people saying "rewrite engine" just as if they could do that in a week, it just shows that you are giving no respect to their work at all, you cannot just "rewrite engine" unless you could work on the game full-time everyday for the 6 months or more. It is just highly discouraging for the DEVS to see people saying things like this duz... so I do not understand why you say it.

Anyhows duz if you don't want to read my posts their is no point of us talking so yeah. It makes me sad you feel this way when things are finally going in the right directions but anyhows peace.
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2012, 09:48:55 am »
some people do not understand that this is a devlog update thread, not your social normal and daily live trouble crap thread. Go away whiney bitchez

Offline Tarrega

• Major(1)
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2012, 01:21:46 pm »

lolol some guy i dont even know told me that youre an idiot so keep talking shit, peace.

your brain needs a rewriting real quick. LOLOLOOLOLOLL

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2012, 01:27:51 pm »
You remember when I told you we will have a build server? This week Also FliesLikeABrick helped me to get access to the Soldat build server he setup for me (thanks!).
It will hopefully get used in providing up to date executables for the soon to be activated testing team (yep, I didn't forget about you people!).
But before that happens the build scripts need some attention...

Im not 100% cleared out about this one is this like a new game feature or "self standing mod" for building? Or maybe like the (med,nade,vest) objects boxes that you can trow by shooting but somehow greater and from a tactical advance?

Oh and i would like to see how the LAW-Follow bullet discussion comes out maybe that we will see in 1.6.3 ?

Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2012, 01:45:57 pm »
You remember when I told you we will have a build server? This week Also FliesLikeABrick helped me to get access to the Soldat build server he setup for me (thanks!).
It will hopefully get used in providing up to date executables for the soon to be activated testing team (yep, I didn't forget about you people!).
But before that happens the build scripts need some attention...

Im not 100% cleared out about this one is this like a new game feature or "self standing mod" for building? Or maybe like the (med,nade,vest) objects boxes that you can trow by shooting but somehow greater and from a tactical advance?

Oh and i would like to see how the LAW-Follow bullet discussion comes out maybe that we will see in 1.6.3 ?

It's for development. Some dev changes stuff in Soldat then sends the changes to the server and the build server will automatically build Soldat ready to test.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2012, 06:40:28 pm »
It's for development. Some dev changes stuff in Soldat then sends the changes to the server and the build server will automatically build Soldat ready to test.
Ou... i really missed this one anyway tnx for telling me about this .
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2012, 06:06:18 am »
Ah, I jumped into that topic so late, so I'm not going to reply to your opinions, yet. I'll simply read it...

What worries me... Devs those leave until new release comes. And here are no devs those care instead of Shoozza himself :(

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2012, 07:13:41 am »
And here are no devs those care instead of Shoozza himself :(

Untrue. I certainly care.
There are other worlds than these

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2012, 03:32:04 pm »
And here are no devs those care instead of Shoozza himself :(
Untrue. I certainly care.
I'm sorry. I got that idea because I could see no post from devs (instead of Shz) in this topic. Unlucky I missed your one, but it doesn't change fact that you weren't much active last time.

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2012, 07:07:50 pm »
jrgp is a joke all he cares about is his nerdy computer life, can we move on from that.

Any ETA for next update?