Author Topic: Uhh Netcode solution in the mean time  (Read 923 times)

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
Uhh Netcode solution in the mean time
« on: June 14, 2012, 11:50:10 am »
if you can't fix netcode how about making a script like (ruger-hit-head-ruger-hit-body then -Die)
I know this is not how the netcode looks like but i'm just giving a basic example

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
Re: Uhh Netcode solution in the mean time
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 06:43:53 pm »
if you can't fix netcode how about making a script like (ruger-hit-head-ruger-hit-body then -Die)
I know this is not how the netcode looks like but i'm just giving a basic example
Why do you think its different currently?
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 10:39:58 pm »
Thats the thing - the game sometimes doesn't realize if there was a hit. The game doesn't just go "hey, he shot that guy in the head with ruger, but I'm just going to let him live for no apparent reason".
The way it works is something like this:
Player: "hey, I shot that guy in the head with ruger, he's supposed to die!"
Game: "oops, my bad, that shot actually missed but I didn't have time to show that on your screen because there's so much data i have to send and receive that i get confused sometimes".

Sorry to break this to you, but netcode really isn't that easy to fix, otherwise it would've been done already.

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 08:53:10 am »
Thats the thing - the game sometimes doesn't realize if there was a hit. The game doesn't just go "hey, he shot that guy in the head with ruger, but I'm just going to let him live for no apparent reason".
The way it works is something like this:
Player: "hey, I shot that guy in the head with ruger, he's supposed to die!"
Game: "oops, my bad, that shot actually missed but I didn't have time to show that on your screen because there's so much data i have to send and receive that i get confused sometimes".

Sorry to break this to you, but netcode really isn't that easy to fix, otherwise it would've been done already.
oh thanks for the good explanation

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes