Author Topic: so what happens after soldat? [IMG heavy!]  (Read 12848 times)

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
Re: so what happens after soldat? [IMG heavy!]
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2012, 11:49:44 am »
Wassup Demonic...
Just for the record - Knot didn't dissapear due to my childish acts, which I regret... We made-up soon after it had happened and are friends now, though with that being said I haven't spoken to him for a good couple of years.... He's vanished from irc completely.

Seeing S4R post here has made me smile... It's been awhile bro! Come to irc and say hi properly :)

Yeah, I know, he was around for a while after that and poof, disappeared. Miss the cunt.

And again, what channels? I drop by then and now and everything is either empty or gather/CW spam by czehoslovakians.

Offline alexoner

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major(1)
  • Word.
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2012, 01:24:12 pm »
Are you kidding? You haven't been away for that long.... ;)
#soldat.gather still has alot of old faces you'll recognise

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2012, 02:06:32 pm »
Flies.

Flies is still alive and well, just significantly more focused on King Arthur's Gold (of which he's a dev).
There are other worlds than these

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2013, 04:36:13 am »
Kinda sad to see i missed this thing. Will have to do a proper post when i get home from Budapest..
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline w00titsme

• Soldier
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2013, 08:44:39 am »
I've been playing with years, to think of all the people i've met on servers and built friendships with, shoot, I even remember before eC tw servers, after them, and all the other rise and falls of the gamemodes, it sure as hell has been a great ride, but everything good must have it's end. I hope you gentleman take care, i'll still be spending my time on Leo's and the Aus7ral server, but i'll miss all the old gold.
Make your Coca Cola fresh!

Offline w00titsme

• Soldier
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2013, 08:45:40 am »
Flies.

Flies is still alive and well, just significantly more focused on King Arthur's Gold (of which he's a dev).

Must be nice joining a creator that abandons projects and turns them in p2p, can't even have an original idea he had to rip of terraria lmao.
Make your Coca Cola fresh!

Offline Geoffrey

• Major
  • 2Wai
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2013, 06:07:42 pm »
I hope you are still doing well Demonic. Nice to hear something from you. It's a shame the images aren't up any more though.

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2013, 12:15:39 pm »
Yeah, they were from facebook which I set to private after a few embarrassing incidents in which I called in sick while being tagged on a photo where I'm clearly inebriated.

Such is life.

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2013, 12:43:11 am »
Nazi? Really? :L

Edit: well, I did not mean to focus on that. I was just really tired last night, and from all that read that's all I thought of.
I appreciate your honesty about your life. And also have to mention that your English is incredibly good, I didn't remember it as much.
But I guess by the time you got more involved in administration and being and [SaD] and all, I had some army duties.

It really saddens me to hear you've been involved in a Nazi movement of some kind. You didn't really say a lot about that.
But still, as an Israeli especially, I just don't realize how can people still think this magical regime can work.
I believe people do mistakes, Aye. But that's one hell of a mistake. Just don't realize how one gets that way...

I'm not here to criticize. We all know life can pretty much get upside-down. More of a shock to me.

I like that you work to perfect your practical field in whatever it is that you want to do with your life.
Just hope that you stay off such decision. You're illustrated to me as such a smart guy.

Oh well...
The world's a tragedy, ain't it?

Cheers
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 04:56:46 pm by nosejj »

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2013, 09:51:48 am »
Yeah. Well, the whole nazi thing... what is important to understand, I think, that the frustration comes first. When someone gets drawn in to the whole right wing movement, they don't give two damns about politics. They're just really, really frustrated. I know I was. My family was fucked, I wasn't getting laid, everyone around me was dumb (or so I thought), and life didn't make a whole lot of sense.

The whole nazi narrative... not the magic kingdom itself, but the narrative, how it blames your problems on liberalism, and the decay of morals, how it's all engineered by some conspiracy, it does a good job for making sense of it all. It's simple, to the point, and easy to digest. Yeah, it's also a whole load of horsecrap - but if you haven't done your reading, if all your input is from the same right wing corner, well, it draws you in. The mind is incredibly good at gliding over inconsistencies and contradictions, of which the nazi narrative (or as they call it lately, the new right) is full of. But that doesn't matter, because when you get in, finally, it's not that you are at fault for being unable to make peace with the world, your problems can be blamed on imaginary enemies, or super-mystified real people who you never really meet.

I guess this is what all political manipulation boils down to: for those who are dumb and frustrated, present a boogey man and they will rally behind whatever your cause is.

It's something I regret, but ultimately lead me to be much more aware of how the mind works, and how I can't trust myself, or more precisely, my wits on its own.

For what it's worth, half of my friends are jewish, my niece is a beautiful gipsy girl, and I'm the most vocal anti-authority / pro-LBGT / antifa in this corner of the city.

The world's a tragedy eh. :)

Glad you're still around nosejj!

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2013, 05:15:30 am »
Hey, that's legit. I went to a mental hospital within the last year, and met a girl that reminds me a little of you. I've had some weird ass experiences since last you mentioned something about being a gnostic (haha, gnostic.) Glad that is over. I'm now a legit potential small business owner. Gotta spend the time somehow, and managing is alright.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 07:56:50 am by Blacksheepboy »

Offline panda_bear_smoking

• Major(1)
  • I'm thrilled to have made you cum -jrgp-
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2013, 07:25:13 am »
demonic i love you great post not sure if ye remember me jebushunter here, been playing non-stop "i think" for ten years, i wonder if soldat helped many people to self actualization. it did for me, in combo with other variables,  if any really really old dogs, noob face and the likes are out their they might remember what a dumb ass kid i was back when i first, and pretty much every time i joined the forums at 14 after playing a few years. what i wonder is that if years of pro level playing requiring "back in the days" deep insight into opponents thought processes thinking    " im talking like 2v2 scrims and when 2 titian's would clash in a full 32 server and clear it down to them, if that practice of thinking caused soldat player to develop more mentally mature. i use to try to stab peeps "aka every family member at age 6-8" as a child, lol hate and rage no longer i,      fuck i've made friends that i cant communicate with on soldat randomly in just one match for hours of playing with one knife, sharing is caring  i love u all so much, soldat has meant so much to me, and as it dies i feel my soul withdraw, lol cant wait to have kids and brainwash them into playing with me, i really will never be able to give it up. after soldat is the box in the ground "hopefully shortly after"

remember that if you walk a mile in a person shoes you would feel for them, iff you walked their whole life you would be them.       

the infinity question ,          am i a machine with no free will, is it fate to ask this , and that , and that , and that, and that,and that, and that, and that, and that   

°~°Discussion or mention of the anime/manga cartoon series, comics, books or anything at all related to Naruto, or further relating it in anyway with our admin Chakra is forbidden. On here or on soldat-related IRC channels.  in game name jebushunter 9yrs

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2013, 06:55:47 am »
holy shit jebushunter :D

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2013, 11:56:28 am »
demonic i love you great post not sure if ye remember me jebushunter here, been playing non-stop "i think" for ten years, i wonder if soldat helped many people to self actualization. it did for me, in combo with other variables,  if any really really old dogs, noob face and the likes are out their they might remember what a dumb ass kid i was back when i first, and pretty much every time i joined the forums at 14 after playing a few years. what i wonder is that if years of pro level playing requiring "back in the days" deep insight into opponents thought processes thinking    " im talking like 2v2 scrims and when 2 titian's would clash in a full 32 server and clear it down to them, if that practice of thinking caused soldat player to develop more mentally mature. i use to try to stab peeps "aka every family member at age 6-8" as a child, lol hate and rage no longer i,      fuck i've made friends that i cant communicate with on soldat randomly in just one match for hours of playing with one knife, sharing is caring  i love u all so much, soldat has meant so much to me, and as it dies i feel my soul withdraw, lol cant wait to have kids and brainwash them into playing with me, i really will never be able to give it up. after soldat is the box in the ground "hopefully shortly after"

remember that if you walk a mile in a person shoes you would feel for them, iff you walked their whole life you would be them.       

the infinity question ,          am i a machine with no free will, is it fate to ask this , and that , and that , and that, and that,and that, and that, and that, and that   

Holy shit mah nigga you remember me?? :D

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2013, 05:53:48 am »
super nostalgia thread, man.

#soldat.gather is still active? really?

ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2013, 06:26:09 am »
Fuck knows.

The other day I got added by a bunch of ex-hungarian soldatters, and I'm one mouse purchase away from reinstalling it again...

On an unrelated note, I'm learning javascript and html5 at the moment, and the idea came to me that soldat could be booted through node.js in a browser only mode...

am I wrong? >looking at jrgp

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2013, 04:43:03 pm »
On an unrelated note, I'm learning javascript and html5 at the moment, and the idea came to me that soldat could be booted through node.js in a browser only mode...

am I wrong? >looking at jrgp

Yes, you can make a client-side web-browser version of soldat using HTML5/Canvas/WebGL/WebSockets/et al.

Performance will probably only be decent in Chrome, and getting all of the physics right will be hard unless you're really good at game development.

Regarding node.js, that's primarily for server-side/headless apps rather than client-side javascript, but it could certainly be used for a server-side dedicated server meant to interface with client-side JS Soldat.

In my honest opinion though, while it's technically *possible*, I don't feel like it's worth all of the work.

It's probably more of a painful rewrite than redoing Soldat in C++/OpenGL, except for people who live-breath-shit javascript.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 04:44:59 pm by jrgp »

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2013, 11:34:56 am »
yeah, I figured it'd be a pain in the ass development wise. I'll return to the thought when I'm deeper in, maybe it's just a side effect of getting my feet wet and going "holy shit look at all the things you can build with this!"

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2013, 05:09:24 am »
Reading that story explained so much...