Poll

Keep them annoyin' guys out!

F12
F11

Author Topic: Make people you ignore unable to reply to threads started by yourself.  (Read 1868 times)

DarkCrusade

I saw the irony in this topic even before my first key-stroke, but I think that if the history of trolling that this forum has already seen has taught us anything, then it is that certain people constellations simply do not work. I think I need not be more specific about which of our dearest forum members - or better: occurances - made that idea pop up in my mind. I do not know whether I am the only person thinking like this, but I at least would love to see a feature that prevents people from replying to topics started by someone who put them into their ignore list. Some people are just unbearably annoying, stupid or at least pretending to be stupid, so why the hell do we have an ignore feature for PMs which does not prevent them from deliberatly annoying you in public by spamming your threads?

That being said, I leave this open to public discussion. There are more things that speak for this feature, but I tried to keep it short and simple for all the toddlers who reply with "tl;dr" ;)

Edit: No Adam, this thread is not dedicated to you. But you were a great inspiration!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 03:49:21 pm by DarkCrusade »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
I'm not sure I agree with this. If a person is being unruly to the extent of not being allowed to reply to any one thread, they should be muted or temp banned rather than just excluded from specific threads.
There are other worlds than these

Offline GhostRiderSwiss

• Camper
  • Scripting beginner, mapper&owner of BCB servers.
    • BCB-Forum
just ignore them with your mind power  [retard]
BCB-Clan Page
You also can find clan BCB on our servers.

BCB-Soldier till i die!

DarkCrusade

This is a suggestion for a work-around, because the time until someone actually gets temporarily kept off the forum is too long in my opinion and the normal user like me has little impact on such decisions. My line of argumentation is this one: if I go as far as putting someone on my ignore list, because he is a constant annoyance, disrespectful and whatever reason there is to take such action, why would I want him replying to my threads? This is like breaking up with your girlrfiend after she slept with your best friends but inviting her for dinner on Sundays!

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
If it's really needed (which I doubt) - there could be a feature to also hide posts of the person on your ignore list. That person will still be able to post, but you won't see any of his posts (unless quoted by someone). It would also help if forum mods would stop being so forgiving to people who've repeatedly shown that they don't deserve mercy.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 05:00:04 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
Well it would be ok but it would be ( I'm 100% sure) be abused to mute all people that doesn't like you'r idea , thread , suggestion etc.
It would be a nazi thread obey or be muted :D
Also not to forget that some people would auto mute other people that they see as their lets say "natural enemy" from other threads and etc.
All in all you could implant mute but only for Adam :D hahahha just kidding (no I'm not)

just ignore them with your mind power  [retard]
LIKEEE  [retard]
Choose one,
Bonecrusher