Author Topic: Re-Soldat.  (Read 5445 times)

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
Re-Soldat.
« on: May 12, 2013, 07:02:07 am »

A little something something for you forum.
This partial mod only changes the interface-gfx guns, on the 1st one I completely retextured the weapons, on the second one I decided to keep the oldschool soldat shapes with new colors.

Download attached
I hope you enjoy.

DarkCrusade

Re: Re-Soldat.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 07:10:26 am »
A nice comeback, buddy! Both interface-gfxs look great, but in my honest opinion, a mix of both would look even better. My personal setup would be

1: Re-Soldat
2: Re-Soldat.2
3: Re-Soldat.2
4: Re-Soldat
5: Re-Soldat
6: Re-Soldat.2
7: Re-Soldat
8: Re-Soldat
9: Re-Soldat
0: Re-Soldat.2
S1: Re-Soldat.2
S2: Re-Soldat
S3: Re-Soldat
S4: Re-Soldat

Great to see you modding again :)

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 07:17:09 am »
I would like to make a big mod when possible, but for now i'll keep making some little mods, maybe single weapon ones.
And about the mix, well you can do it, they are just that and it's very simple to do so, is up to you to combine them :D

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 08:32:58 am »
Looks great!
Hmm, I wonder if we should replace some of the default weapon gfx.

Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 12:26:41 pm »
Shoozza are you really thinking about that being an option? If you are thinking about changing soldat graphically I would be pleased to help.
Now I don't really know if that was a joke or if you were serious :P but that's exciting

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 12:51:10 pm »
Shoozza are you really thinking about that being an option? If you are thinking about changing Soldat graphically I would be pleased to help.
Now I don't really know if that was a joke or if you were serious :P but that's exciting
It wasn't a joke.
MM told be months ago that Soldat needs a gfx refresh (before he can consider it to be put on greenlight) and if we could use a mod to make it look better.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

DarkCrusade

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 01:00:14 pm »
The weapons from this mod are not bad, but I prefer Landwarrior 3.0 over any other mod in terms of realistic weapons.

Offline GhostRiderSwiss

• Camper
  • Scripting beginner, mapper&owner of BCB servers.
    • BCB-Forum
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 01:14:36 pm »
Welcome back Skykanden, i sadly never was arround when you were but i've read and seen a shitload of your work and stuff, glad a great modder found the way back to Soldat!

Also, soldat graphics refresh ....  [pigtail] [pigtail] [pigtail] [pigtail] [pigtail] [pigtail] [pigtail] Huweee^^
BCB-Clan Page
You also can find clan BCB on our servers.

BCB-Soldier till i die!

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 01:47:46 pm »
GhostRiderSwiss, I have been always arround, but I never had time to fully come back. I wish this forum was as active as some years ago. Soldat is one of the best games ever made in my oppinion, the problem is his low popularity. Going greenlight or even Kickstarter would bump this game.

I would like to make a new big mod, I was thinking about remaking my Airplane mod and making it look good as I made it way too fast.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 01:58:15 pm »
If you continue to work on WoS, send me a message and I'll contribute more maps for bigger diversity and if necessary do the scripting.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 01:54:33 pm »
Not a huge fan of the new shapes - some of them don't look consistent with other guns size- and detail-wise (Barrett, Steyr), some of them are much less recognizable than before (especially Spas). Minigun, Ruger looks quite good though (aside from very short barrel), Soccom, Minimi and DEagles have improved a ton. Nice job. :)

Colors have definitely seen an improvement too. Still not perfect, but it's mostly easy fixes. Some problems include low contrast in some parts of some guns which makes them look a lot flatter than the others (especially M79). AK's wooden parts are a bit too bright-orange. Barrett.. this is purely a personal opinion, but I'd prefer it to be steel color as before, instead of bluish grey. Maybe that color could be used for some parts of MP5 instead?

I also really dislike the Barrett's shape both new and original. Though this is a pretty difficult gun to get right. Personally I find Barrett from Soldat Enhanced mod to be nearly perfect.

I've attached an image with some changes I've made for demonstration (messed around with SPAS's shape quite a bit too). This is a very rough edit though, "for inspiration" so to speak. :P

-----------

About Greenlight - IMHO Soldat is gonna need a lot more than just a few graphics made better. It needs support for HD graphics, not the default 640x480 ones. It would be nice to have at least some improvement right now, but it really won't make much of a difference for general public.

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 05:02:31 am »
I like your edit Loner, and I agree with you on almost everything.
Ruger was small and I forgot to change that, the reason why is because I used the same size to make most of the guns.
Barrett has been always a challenge to me, I hate the gun, I never liked the shape and I think that Soldat's rifle shouldn't be the M85, the M99 would make more sense as it is bolt action.
Soldat enhanced weapons are amazing, one of the best graphical based mods ever made for soldat, but I never ended using it because one little problem that disturbed me, the weapons were way too big and didn't fit the menu shape.

I like what you did to the Spas and the Minigun, they have a more menacing look.

Do you mind uploading your version? Maybe people will like it

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 12:05:26 pm »
Soldat enhanced weapons are amazing, one of the best graphical based mods ever made for soldat, but I never ended using it because one little problem that disturbed me, the weapons were way too big and didn't fit the menu shape.
I wish we could simply adjust the size of the menu and make it a bit larger. :/

Do you mind uploading your version? Maybe people will like it
I haven't actually made them as icons, I just edited the preview image you posted since all of the weapons were in one spot there. I can work on an actual "mod" version, further tweak all of the guns and try to make a barret icon too. Not sure when that'll happen though, considering how incredibly lazy I can suddenly get. We'll see. :P