Author Topic: [Normal] Barrett too overpowered  (Read 10143 times)

Offline squiddy

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • Flagger assassin
    • SoldatX
[Normal] Barrett too overpowered
« on: July 26, 2013, 12:50:11 pm »
Hey! I intend to be more active in this sub-forum, as the need for a messenger between brazilian players - official forums came.

And my first contribution to such is the following: players have been complaining about the 1.6.4 WM regarding the Barrett. They say the bink and moveacc are too low, and the shots are stronger (my guess is it has something to do with the new attributes), as shown on the screenshot (click to enlarge):

4 players with 1 shot? Lol. It has become way too easy to play with the Barrett. They want something like the 1.5 Weapons Mod, so maybe a balance between 1.6.4 and 1.5 should be fine? :p
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 12:52:34 pm by squiddy »
www.soldatx.com.br - The brazilian Soldat community.

Offline Vos

• Soldier
    • http://kosoldat.forumer.com/index.php
Re: [Normal] Barrett too overpowered
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 07:42:48 pm »
wow that's insane lol, no idea the barret could do that
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline Devil2u1

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 09:29:46 pm »
The shots aren't any stronger, it's just they changed how piercing affects bullets. I don't think its really that overpowered, just more realistic.

Soldat 1.6.4 changelog:

- Modified bullets to not get a damage penalty after they pierce a body

Weaponmod changes:
Normal:

Changes from 1.6.3 -> 1.6.4
Barrett      bink -5, moveacc -1

Also the bink and move acc hasn't really been changed much at all..

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 09:35:23 pm »
If you can kill 2+ players with a single shot during a normal combat scenario - you deserve every last bit of those kills. The real question is how it handles accuracy, but I haven't played enough of 1.6.4 to have a good judgement of whether it's too accurate or not.

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 09:41:21 pm »
I think the damage should definitely fall off a lot more. The other day I was hit with a barrett shot after it had gone through another players chest and ricocheted, which is apparently good enough to get a kill now...

first player was about 1/3 of a screen from the shooter, I was about a whole screen away btw
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline Prodigyx

• Soldier
    • SoldatX Brasil
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 01:38:41 am »
Most players in Brazil play Teammatch (Survival Mode on) and they want to go back to Weapon Mod version 1.6.3 because of the change in Barret M82A1 in Soldat 1.6.4.

I think a better discussion to balance Barret would be needed now.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 01:40:18 am by Prodigyx »
SoldatX - SX Brasil - www.soldatx.com

Offline Devil2u1

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 02:51:15 am »
I do agree that hitting one person close to you and then another over the other side of the map seems a bit dodgy.. If possible, I think that after piercing once, as the bullet continues in its path it loses damage. The rate is increased if it pierces more people.

This would make it so it would still be possible to get a collateral if players were close together but not if they were a fair distance apart. (Just damage them a fair amount)

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 06:34:42 am »
I do agree that hitting one person close to you and then another over the other side of the map seems a bit dodgy.. If possible, I think that after piercing once, as the bullet continues in its path it loses damage. The rate is increased if it pierces more people.

This would make it so it would still be possible to get a collateral if players were close together but not if they were a fair distance apart. (Just damage them a fair amount)
Yeah, because how it is now it really damages the competitive play, those situations are so common that it changes the whole meta game.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2013, 10:51:56 am »
It's true its a bit easy to aim now when your "safe" but when your getting sprayed then its much harder due to the increased bink. So I think its fine like this!
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2013, 11:18:03 am »
I, personally think Barrett should only do 70-85% damage on body, while head-shots do 95% which will make head-shots worth more and enforce them to use socom... maybe even take away bink and just add more moveacc or whatever it's called BUT THIS IS PROBABLY A DUMB IDEA
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 03:42:38 pm by Adam »

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline iAmBullet

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
  • War doesn't determine who's right, but who's left
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2013, 12:33:56 pm »
After playing in One Shots (Barrett/m79 only) 1.6.4 server for an hour, I would just like to say double/triple kills with barrett are way too easy easy to get and common occurrences now, especially on maps like Nuubia and Equinox where people just line up like sitting ducks for you. Damage should really be decreased because everybody was complaining about how powerful rret has become.

Offline squiddy

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • Flagger assassin
    • SoldatX
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2013, 12:44:15 am »
After playing in One Shots (Barrett/m79 only) 1.6.4 server for an hour, I would just like to say double/triple kills with barrett are way too easy easy to get and common occurrences now, especially on maps like Nuubia and Equinox where people just line up like sitting ducks for you. Damage should really be decreased because everybody was complaining about how powerful rret has become.
Marvelously said!

And an important thing to say is that - as Prodigy said - most brazilian players prefer TM over CTF, opposing to the international preference, which is CTF over TM (both are wrong though, INF is the best xD). Being so, they feel the Barrett has been too balanced for a CTF match, and thus became unbalanced for a TM match.
www.soldatx.com.br - The brazilian Soldat community.

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2013, 09:44:19 am »
You can't really balance weapons according to special modes, like brt only. If it's damaging to your special community, then add a wm to fix it.
Basically, now that it's shooting straight, it's too op? Even though everyone is using it?

Offline Prodigyx

• Soldier
    • SoldatX Brasil
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2013, 07:48:00 pm »
You can't really balance weapons according to special modes, like brt only. If it's damaging to your special community, then add a wm to fix it.
Basically, now that it's shooting straight, it's too op? Even though everyone is using it?

Exactly. Thats why exist "Weapon Balance Discussion". We can't balance weapons thinking only in CTF or any other special mode.

Barret must be balanced for all modes and one of these modes is TM.

Everyone using a new WM does not mean that this mode is entire correct.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 07:50:52 pm by Prodigyx »

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2013, 03:42:39 am »
Exactly. Thats why exist "Weapon Balance Discussion". We can't balance weapons thinking only in CTF or any other special mode.

Barret must be balanced for all modes and one of these modes is TM.

Everyone using a new WM does not mean that this mode is entire correct.
CTF is the main mode, brt only TDM isn't something you should balance after. Everyone played with brt before the patch in tdm, and now everyone plays with it too... what difference does it really make?

Offline 14th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2013, 04:47:52 am »
It's impossible to make a flawless balance for every game mode. I've focused the WM mainly for competitive CTF and casual DM, not competitive TDM. If piercing Barrett multikills is a big problem there then I suppose I could do something about that, because it wouldn't really affect the other modes.

What's the preferred amount of 1-hit kills possible with one Barrett shot, where all victims are in the same screen as the shooter? One? Two? Three?

Offline Prodigyx

• Soldier
    • SoldatX Brasil
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2013, 07:14:10 am »
"CTF is the main mode"

I can't find nothing about this in Soldat official manual.

There is no main mode. If you want to balance Soldat based in the most played mode, then balance based in TDM because we are currently the most active (maybe the biggest) Soldat community in the world.

Also our players say that 1.6.4 Barret is now faster than 1.6.3 Barret.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 10:05:14 am by Prodigyx »

Offline Denacke

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Soldier
  • Cake!
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2013, 08:57:10 am »
You can hardly call TDM the main mode, check: http://soldat.thd.vg/en/lobby

Nearly 70% of all registered servers are playing CTF. 7.5% is playing TDM. Player wise CTF Also takes about the same percentages. This is speaking about public servers alone.

If you check the last SCTFL Season, there were 1646 matches (2 or 3 maps each) in a span of 4 weeks alone. I have checked your soldatx site and your TDM seasons barely get half of this total amount of games.

However, I don't think we should measure in biggest gamemode communities to balance the weapon mod. A good middle way should be found to accommodate all basic game modes. (not the sub-gamemodes though, this would make a good balance impossible due to the differences required.)

Other than that, being an avid CTF and DM player, I have no issues with the current barrett. I still find the barrett hardly useful in both of these 2 gamemodes i play to win. I find it hard to comment for TDM as I hardly play this gamemode. I can imagine camping can be more successful in these types of games though, which could make the less binkable and piercing barrett a bit tough to beat.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2013, 09:07:16 am »
- Modified bullets to not get a damage penalty after they pierce a body

This is why its doing much more damage, its not about the speed imo. Again I say that there is no problem with the barrett currently and that in game modes where all the weapons are available it is fine! The weapon mod should focus on balancing modes where all the weapons are available... not a one-shot server. Like denacke states sub-game modes should not really be covered it would cause too much difficulty and they can easily make their own weapon mod.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 09:08:52 am by CheeSeMan. »
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Prodigyx

• Soldier
    • SoldatX Brasil
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2013, 10:13:42 am »
SCTFL season occurs every 6 months. Total matches (last season)  in a span of 6 months: 1646  (2 or 3 maps each)

SoldatX.com ladders season occurs every 6 months. Total matches (last season)  in a span of 7 months: 2555  (usually 3 or more maps each)

http://www.soldatx.com/gm/clans/index.php?season=3 (http://www.soldatx.com/forum/index.php?showforum=60)
http://www.soldatx.com/gm/players/index.php?season=3 (http://www.soldatx.com/forum/index.php?showforum=170)

Nearly 70% of all registered servers are playing CTF. I agree...

But that's not the point!

I prefer CTF to TDM, but I'm not a selfish guy. I don't wanna Soldat made just for CTF and DM.

If Soldat is made for CTF and DM, would be appropriate to change the game name from "Soldat" to "Soldat for CTF and DM".
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 10:26:32 am by Prodigyx »