YES
9 (32.1%)
NO
12 (42.9%)
MAYBE
7 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: March 09, 2014, 06:09:21 pm

Author Topic: New weapons for soldat? Please look at it and vote :)  (Read 9818 times)

Offline DelintiQ

• Major(1)
New weapons for soldat? Please look at it and vote :)
« on: February 27, 2014, 06:03:58 pm »
HELLO
I would like to know what you think about it , i play soldat for 8 years maybe more and i love this game so much my favorite one and best memories but i see so many players going inactive , i think some people can be active again if you add new extra weapons to game :) is it possible ? because 10 years and still playing with same weapons , okay dont change old ones but please just add new one :) i think old players will be active again for try and enjoy them.

please vote it guys maybe we can do something

If vote wins what  new weapon can be we can discuss it :) write your ideas people !

[Bravoguy]

::)

EDIT: Fixed meaningless topic name
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 04:49:46 am by Shoozza »

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
Re: Please look at it and vote :) for soldat.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 08:35:06 pm »
I was thinking about this in last days... But I think that there's no reason to add more primary weapons, but we could discuss about the chance to add secondary weapons like proximity mines or proximity sensor that alerts you about enemies near the "equipment" with a beep or something.
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline 15th_account

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 04:10:39 am »
The poll is irrelevant. We're already going to add new weapons eventually. The main thing holding us back is the lack of good weapon suggestions.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 04:44:01 am »
The poll is irrelevant. We're already going to add new weapons eventually. The main thing holding us back is the lack of good weapon suggestions.

When is this about to happen ?

In my opinion there is no need to add another (or more) weapons. There is a lack of good weapon suggestions because we already have everything in soldat.
There is no weapon which is missing, and the only weapons which are missing would not look good in the current weapon arsenal.

I'm not totally against that but it's a waste of time as there are far more important things to care about.

I'm already excited about the weapon balancing whine in the future then.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 05:22:56 am »
I'm not fan of new primary weapons but IF you gonna add, think about:

Vintorez Sniper Rifle

• Semi-automatic / time between shoots a bit shorter than ruger
  • Long Reload time
  • Zoom option like barrett
  • bigger bullet spread than barrett but less than eg styer

Double Barelet Shotgun

• One shoot
  • Reload time similar to m79
  • Big Dmg in close range
  • HUGE Bullet Spread
  • Small speed of bullets

That would do the work.
And you could add Bonus molotov cocktail, that would create burn area for few sec
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 05:58:40 am by Akinaro »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 07:03:50 am »
maybe something that's automatic with burst fire and slight scope, like the battle rifle in halo2. or rocket launcher with tracking missiles that you can dodge by jumping around corners.

possibilities like that are endless. some sidescroller shoot 'em up flash games would probably provide nice inspiration
There are other worlds than these

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 07:14:24 am »
What Soldat could do is have a new grenade section in the weapons menu. This would include normal grenades, clusters and molotovs for instance.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 08:04:53 am »
flamethrower to primary weapons!
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 09:21:50 am »
I still want to see the Ruger/LAW hybrid aka the rocket launcher from Quake. Boosting capabilities, not an instakill like the M79/Barrett.

Also Liero-like laser beamz (or the lightning gun of Quake, same idea) would bring something different on the field.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 10:36:07 am »
What I'd prefer much more is a reworked weapon system instead where players and server owners can create their own interesting weapons and add them into the game ala Storm2D. Custom scripted gamemodes are a huge part of Soldat multiplayer, and I think improving weapon modding would benefit Soldat much more than adding a few weapons that are less moddable.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 11:04:33 am by L[0ne]R »

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 11:18:44 am »
well, probably it would be best idea, If i have server and I like to have Vintorez Sniper Rifle I just make it there... but without deleting old ones.

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 01:51:48 am »
We need less weapons.

Sometimes I think people here forget how powerful the concepts of minimalism and simplicity can be.

There seem to be a trend on this community to always ask for more stuffs to be added.

I think it makes the game feel "busy".

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 03:46:01 am »
I would stick to L[0ne]R idea, so if server want to have new weapon he could just add it without deleting standard weapons.

Something like:
  • Adding data to weapons.ini with additional option useonserver= 0/1 for every weapon
  • Option in soldat.ini usecustomweapons= 0/1
  • Change weapons folder so every weapon could have their own subfolder and path for it in weapons.ini like graphic= weapons-gfx/name of weapon

at first it look complicated but normally everything would be set to normal so only if admin want to add new weapons he just enable it and add weapons info in weapons.ini
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 03:47:44 am by Akinaro »

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 04:10:26 am »
read my first post:
I'm not fan of new primary weapons but IF you gonna add, think about:

and Im not fan of new weapons in normal modes but I had few custom servers with zombie and I liked to modify weapons for this modes. So adding new ones for such servers without deleting old ones is good idea

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2014, 01:43:29 pm »
What I'd prefer much more is a reworked weapon system instead where players and server owners can create their own interesting weapons and add them into the game ala Storm2D. Custom scripted gamemodes are a huge part of Soldat multiplayer, and I think improving weapon modding would benefit Soldat much more than adding a few weapons that are less moddable.

It's a good idea and all. The vast majority of Soldat is however strictly regulated (clan wars, leagues, tournaments), and these games would most likely continue playing vanilla Soldat. As a developer I prefer to focus on enhancements to the general gameplay that everyone can enjoy - it's even in my bio: http://thd.vg/people

I know that ExHunter and Falcon cares much more for that custom, scripted, RPG mod weirdness part of the community than I do. I could totally see them developing something like that. I, however, just want to add more guns.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 01:27:04 pm »
VEHICULZ?  ::)

Well new weapons may breath in some new life & could be interesting, I've always wanted to see some heating seeking missiles!

Currently though, I am more for the DEVs focusing on ironing out these bugs that are causing fps problems for players with newer hardware/OS and then possibly a complete graphics revamp so for the moment I vote no.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 01:38:41 pm by CheeSeMan. »
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 02:46:03 pm »
Unfortunately... or maybe fortunately, us devs aren't a collective organism that congregate our mass on a single task like some slime mold.

* FryFry is the experts at graphics libraries and bringing them to into the 21st century.
* Falcon and ExHunter are totally rad when it comes to adding scripting features and improving the server administration.
* If we have a problem, if no one else can help, and if we can find him, then zakath is our A-Team.
* jrgp codes the lobby and makes things bearable for the other devs.
* Shoozza is a Jack of all trades, especially if it has to do with archaic or incredibly boring technology that no one else wants to go near.
* And I code new weapons. Deal with it.

Offline Irlandec

• Soldier
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2014, 05:14:14 am »
* And I code new weapons. Deal with it.

I am apologizing if this sounds offending and provoking, but does this mean that you are doing literally nothing? I can understand if you are being new to the team an so on, but if not?

The poll is irrelevant. We're already going to add new weapons eventually. The main thing holding us back is the lack of good weapon suggestions.The poll is irrelevant. We're already going to add new weapons eventually. The main thing holding us back is the lack of good weapon suggestions.

This is also understandable reason or a good excuse. It doesn't mean that you can implent some concepts in beta or rc versions, even if this weapon isn't good, you can't know for sure how well it will adopt to current state of the game.

Please do not consider this as dissatisfaction of the dev team working process, I do respect them and their time spent on making this game better, adjusting community's opinions and suggestions. The reason I've wrote this post is my own understanding of "deal with this" phrase.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 07:24:02 am by Irlandec »

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2014, 05:54:44 am »
And it could be nice if you explain this:
"We don't have new weapons because the lack of good weapon suggestions."
But in the same way:
"We gonna add new weapons, the end."

And I don't think that you need suggestion for new weapons, its simple: choose few of them and decide what weapons fit better to current list(no laser guns or anything because its not star wars).
As you can see above I'm not a fan of new weapons but I could provide two suggestions just like that: light semi-automatic sniper rifle, and close range/single shot double barelet shotgun.

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2014, 07:32:16 am »
Here some of me cause better I give a idea then just rage about someones suggestion like a semi sniper(ruger!) , uzi(mp5) , or new m79 ! wtf ! really !

Primary.

The only Primary weapon I can think of ( an it ain't original would be a mg3 or some model like it what maybe should be only use-albe in prone stance(like deployed), and be a very powerfull defensive weapon.
But the other way we got a m249 and a broken minigun(that I would love to see or fixed or removed)

Secondary.

Maybe a Desert eagle or Revolver cause in secondary we only got the ussocom as a pistol (but maybe its enough :/ )

AT Rifle- SEcondary
Looks pretty much as the m82 but it has some other specifications let me list them
-only usable deployed proned cause of the huge calliber (like in RL)
-Single shoot weapon
-No zoom
-Big startup time
-Not accurate as the m82

Well that's all of the weapons I can think now
1.Primary
2.Secondary
3.Grenade

3x Frag Grenade 2xCluster Grenade 2x Molotovs 1x Flash-Bang Grenade

Well this are the most "original" weapons I can come with , sadly mankind doesn't really have a huge palette of firearms for killing
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 07:36:21 am by Vucgy92 »
Choose one,
Bonecrusher