YES
9 (32.1%)
NO
12 (42.9%)
MAYBE
7 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: March 09, 2014, 06:09:21 pm

Author Topic: New weapons for soldat? Please look at it and vote :)  (Read 9819 times)

Offline DelintiQ

• Major(1)
New weapons for soldat? Please look at it and vote :)
« on: February 27, 2014, 06:03:58 pm »
HELLO
I would like to know what you think about it , i play soldat for 8 years maybe more and i love this game so much my favorite one and best memories but i see so many players going inactive , i think some people can be active again if you add new extra weapons to game :) is it possible ? because 10 years and still playing with same weapons , okay dont change old ones but please just add new one :) i think old players will be active again for try and enjoy them.

please vote it guys maybe we can do something

If vote wins what  new weapon can be we can discuss it :) write your ideas people !

[Bravoguy]

::)

EDIT: Fixed meaningless topic name
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 04:49:46 am by Shoozza »

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
Re: Please look at it and vote :) for soldat.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 08:35:06 pm »
I was thinking about this in last days... But I think that there's no reason to add more primary weapons, but we could discuss about the chance to add secondary weapons like proximity mines or proximity sensor that alerts you about enemies near the "equipment" with a beep or something.
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline 15th_account

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 04:10:39 am »
The poll is irrelevant. We're already going to add new weapons eventually. The main thing holding us back is the lack of good weapon suggestions.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 04:44:01 am »
The poll is irrelevant. We're already going to add new weapons eventually. The main thing holding us back is the lack of good weapon suggestions.

When is this about to happen ?

In my opinion there is no need to add another (or more) weapons. There is a lack of good weapon suggestions because we already have everything in soldat.
There is no weapon which is missing, and the only weapons which are missing would not look good in the current weapon arsenal.

I'm not totally against that but it's a waste of time as there are far more important things to care about.

I'm already excited about the weapon balancing whine in the future then.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 05:22:56 am »
I'm not fan of new primary weapons but IF you gonna add, think about:

Vintorez Sniper Rifle

• Semi-automatic / time between shoots a bit shorter than ruger
  • Long Reload time
  • Zoom option like barrett
  • bigger bullet spread than barrett but less than eg styer

Double Barelet Shotgun

• One shoot
  • Reload time similar to m79
  • Big Dmg in close range
  • HUGE Bullet Spread
  • Small speed of bullets

That would do the work.
And you could add Bonus molotov cocktail, that would create burn area for few sec
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 05:58:40 am by Akinaro »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 07:03:50 am »
maybe something that's automatic with burst fire and slight scope, like the battle rifle in halo2. or rocket launcher with tracking missiles that you can dodge by jumping around corners.

possibilities like that are endless. some sidescroller shoot 'em up flash games would probably provide nice inspiration
There are other worlds than these

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 07:14:24 am »
What Soldat could do is have a new grenade section in the weapons menu. This would include normal grenades, clusters and molotovs for instance.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 08:04:53 am »
flamethrower to primary weapons!
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 09:21:50 am »
I still want to see the Ruger/LAW hybrid aka the rocket launcher from Quake. Boosting capabilities, not an instakill like the M79/Barrett.

Also Liero-like laser beamz (or the lightning gun of Quake, same idea) would bring something different on the field.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 10:36:07 am »
What I'd prefer much more is a reworked weapon system instead where players and server owners can create their own interesting weapons and add them into the game ala Storm2D. Custom scripted gamemodes are a huge part of Soldat multiplayer, and I think improving weapon modding would benefit Soldat much more than adding a few weapons that are less moddable.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 11:04:33 am by L[0ne]R »

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 11:18:44 am »
well, probably it would be best idea, If i have server and I like to have Vintorez Sniper Rifle I just make it there... but without deleting old ones.

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 01:51:48 am »
We need less weapons.

Sometimes I think people here forget how powerful the concepts of minimalism and simplicity can be.

There seem to be a trend on this community to always ask for more stuffs to be added.

I think it makes the game feel "busy".

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 03:46:01 am »
I would stick to L[0ne]R idea, so if server want to have new weapon he could just add it without deleting standard weapons.

Something like:
  • Adding data to weapons.ini with additional option useonserver= 0/1 for every weapon
  • Option in soldat.ini usecustomweapons= 0/1
  • Change weapons folder so every weapon could have their own subfolder and path for it in weapons.ini like graphic= weapons-gfx/name of weapon

at first it look complicated but normally everything would be set to normal so only if admin want to add new weapons he just enable it and add weapons info in weapons.ini
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 03:47:44 am by Akinaro »

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 04:10:26 am »
read my first post:
I'm not fan of new primary weapons but IF you gonna add, think about:

and Im not fan of new weapons in normal modes but I had few custom servers with zombie and I liked to modify weapons for this modes. So adding new ones for such servers without deleting old ones is good idea

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2014, 01:43:29 pm »
What I'd prefer much more is a reworked weapon system instead where players and server owners can create their own interesting weapons and add them into the game ala Storm2D. Custom scripted gamemodes are a huge part of Soldat multiplayer, and I think improving weapon modding would benefit Soldat much more than adding a few weapons that are less moddable.

It's a good idea and all. The vast majority of Soldat is however strictly regulated (clan wars, leagues, tournaments), and these games would most likely continue playing vanilla Soldat. As a developer I prefer to focus on enhancements to the general gameplay that everyone can enjoy - it's even in my bio: http://thd.vg/people

I know that ExHunter and Falcon cares much more for that custom, scripted, RPG mod weirdness part of the community than I do. I could totally see them developing something like that. I, however, just want to add more guns.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 01:27:04 pm »
VEHICULZ?  ::)

Well new weapons may breath in some new life & could be interesting, I've always wanted to see some heating seeking missiles!

Currently though, I am more for the DEVs focusing on ironing out these bugs that are causing fps problems for players with newer hardware/OS and then possibly a complete graphics revamp so for the moment I vote no.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 01:38:41 pm by CheeSeMan. »
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 02:46:03 pm »
Unfortunately... or maybe fortunately, us devs aren't a collective organism that congregate our mass on a single task like some slime mold.

* FryFry is the experts at graphics libraries and bringing them to into the 21st century.
* Falcon and ExHunter are totally rad when it comes to adding scripting features and improving the server administration.
* If we have a problem, if no one else can help, and if we can find him, then zakath is our A-Team.
* jrgp codes the lobby and makes things bearable for the other devs.
* Shoozza is a Jack of all trades, especially if it has to do with archaic or incredibly boring technology that no one else wants to go near.
* And I code new weapons. Deal with it.

Offline Irlandec

• Soldier
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2014, 05:14:14 am »
* And I code new weapons. Deal with it.

I am apologizing if this sounds offending and provoking, but does this mean that you are doing literally nothing? I can understand if you are being new to the team an so on, but if not?

The poll is irrelevant. We're already going to add new weapons eventually. The main thing holding us back is the lack of good weapon suggestions.The poll is irrelevant. We're already going to add new weapons eventually. The main thing holding us back is the lack of good weapon suggestions.

This is also understandable reason or a good excuse. It doesn't mean that you can implent some concepts in beta or rc versions, even if this weapon isn't good, you can't know for sure how well it will adopt to current state of the game.

Please do not consider this as dissatisfaction of the dev team working process, I do respect them and their time spent on making this game better, adjusting community's opinions and suggestions. The reason I've wrote this post is my own understanding of "deal with this" phrase.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 07:24:02 am by Irlandec »

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2014, 05:54:44 am »
And it could be nice if you explain this:
"We don't have new weapons because the lack of good weapon suggestions."
But in the same way:
"We gonna add new weapons, the end."

And I don't think that you need suggestion for new weapons, its simple: choose few of them and decide what weapons fit better to current list(no laser guns or anything because its not star wars).
As you can see above I'm not a fan of new weapons but I could provide two suggestions just like that: light semi-automatic sniper rifle, and close range/single shot double barelet shotgun.

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2014, 07:32:16 am »
Here some of me cause better I give a idea then just rage about someones suggestion like a semi sniper(ruger!) , uzi(mp5) , or new m79 ! wtf ! really !

Primary.

The only Primary weapon I can think of ( an it ain't original would be a mg3 or some model like it what maybe should be only use-albe in prone stance(like deployed), and be a very powerfull defensive weapon.
But the other way we got a m249 and a broken minigun(that I would love to see or fixed or removed)

Secondary.

Maybe a Desert eagle or Revolver cause in secondary we only got the ussocom as a pistol (but maybe its enough :/ )

AT Rifle- SEcondary
Looks pretty much as the m82 but it has some other specifications let me list them
-only usable deployed proned cause of the huge calliber (like in RL)
-Single shoot weapon
-No zoom
-Big startup time
-Not accurate as the m82

Well that's all of the weapons I can think now
1.Primary
2.Secondary
3.Grenade

3x Frag Grenade 2xCluster Grenade 2x Molotovs 1x Flash-Bang Grenade

Well this are the most "original" weapons I can come with , sadly mankind doesn't really have a huge palette of firearms for killing
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 07:36:21 am by Vucgy92 »
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2014, 08:14:57 am »
that first weapon is nothing more than FN, second is digles but single shot instead of two.

Your idea is more like for modding current ones with this ones, adding them is like making copy of existing ones.
Except last one, but that would be a bit weird to have oneshot weapon that you can use only in prone

Beside I see that you think only about camp weapons :] And I, and probably lots of people doesnt like camping :]

And rugur is not the same like Vintorez, because Vintorez is silenced semi-automatic medium rage rifle with half of zoom of barret and bigger dmg, but with less bullet spread
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 08:23:58 am by Akinaro »

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2014, 08:35:09 am »
Well yes I mostly suggested defensive weapon , but a smart player would now how to parry it and ho don't I dont care.
I knew a Vintorez isn't a Ruger but looks damn same as one (about the its silenced you can change the sound of the weapon so if someone wants to be a hidden sniper you would hear him , damn that would be shitty)
Look at lets say a Ak12 or even a m4a1 it isn't a ak74 but it won't be ingame cause they are too much the same.
But all in all I must say there are no weapons that are too original for soldat besides some equipment like mines or Molotovs .
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2014, 08:39:03 am »
I am apologizing if this sounds offending and provoking, but does this mean that you are doing literally nothing? I can understand if you are being new to the team an so on, but if not?

The bullet point list I gave is a simplification of what each dev likes to focus on. I actually focus on anything that concerns the core gameplay. Adding new weapons definitely fits into that.

Please do not consider this as dissatisfaction of the dev team working process, I do respect them and their time spent on making this game better, adjusting community's opinions and suggestions. The reason I've wrote this post is my own understanding of "deal with this" phrase.

That was just my attempt at explaining why fixing hardware/OS bugs doesn't rule out us also adding new weapons.

And it could be nice if you explain this:
"We don't have new weapons because the lack of good weapon suggestions."
But in the same way:
"We gonna add new weapons, the end."

I just don't want people to waste time debating whether it's OK to add new weapons. It's much more productive to just suggest unique weapons that could mix up the gameplay.

And I don't think that you need suggestion for new weapons, its simple: choose few of them and decide what weapons fit better to current list(no laser guns or anything because its not star wars).

Most suggestions so far hasn't exactly been blowing my skirt up. I suppose I could just search the forums for more suggestions, but I expected the current generation to have come across some cool new weapon concepts with their Halos and Call of Duties.

Offline zakath

• Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2014, 08:49:08 am »

Grappling hook @ quake 1 style
shoot at a poly and get dragged there or shoot at person and then switch to spas and blast them up close.
Though this would probably alter the game and map dynamics quite a lot.

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2014, 09:23:56 am »
Well to be honest, looking closely to weapons, its hard to give mind blowing suggestion, because FOR GAME only difference between weapons is:
- look of it(not so important in soldat because of small graphic)
- amount of bullets in mag
- speed
- damage
- spread of bullets

Because in the end it just... small dot that fly on the screen

so if someone want KRIS 45. or P90(my love) or any other small machine gun, we could say: take mp5
if someone want heavy gun: take FN
if you want sniper: take barrett or ruger
you like homing missile? Learn to use LAW
you like another pistol in secondary? learn to use pistol
etc etc

But looking overall to weapon list it would be good to add something between barrett and styer, and some close range weapon with low reload speed(between spas and mp5 bullet spread).

And I'm totally don't like idea of grappling hook that would grab other players. It would absolutely destroy gameplay that soldat have

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2014, 10:06:53 pm »
Well, what we definitely do NOT need is another auto, another pistol, or another rifle. I'd avoid adding any explosive-type weapons to prevent excessive boosting (unless the explosives are weak enough to not provide any boost).

What I would also like to see is burst-fire functionality as well as mid-air detonation (or disappearance) of projectiles which could be applied to any existing weapon via weapons.ini.

So with these things in mind, how about a flak cannon that shoots a burst of multiple projectiles that explode in mid-air or upon impact?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 05:01:34 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline DelintiQ

• Major(1)
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2014, 12:26:19 am »
up up like to see molotovs
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 12:35:18 am by DelintiQ »

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2014, 11:02:59 am »
Can someone change the name of this thread?

-

What about adding some feature to the chainsaw. When you drop down your chainsaw (while shooting with it) it will continiue firing like for 3 seconds.
The more time passes the weaker it will fire & the weaker the enemys will take damage of it.

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2014, 11:11:21 am »
When you drop down your chainsaw (while shooting with it) it will continiue firing like for 3 seconds.

Big and heavy NOPE for that. Enough that some players spend all day spawning with chainsaw, and call them self pro gamers with !rate taunt in every alt+ combination. :]

I would rather add starting time when you first time select chainesaw, and add random jam, so you need to star it again.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2014, 12:32:48 pm »
When you drop down your chainsaw (while shooting with it) it will continiue firing like for 3 seconds.

Big and heavy NOPE for that. Enough that some players spend all day spawning with chainsaw, and call them self pro gamers with !rate taunt in every alt+ combination. :]

I would rather add starting time when you first time select chainesaw, and add random jam, so you need to star it again.

Which would make the weapon useless in close combat

gather.soldat.pl

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2014, 12:44:38 pm »
No, why? Just change weapon when you spawn(1sec) and you good to go. If you use its only as a close defense weapon, like it should be used you would not see any difference.
Random jam would be good to stop massive amount of spawn kills that few small dck always do all the time.

Player that is spawning would have better chance to fly from spawner and prepare to defense, because its really annoying when eg. in ash there are two spawners with chainsaw's and because of small space and typical chaos of gameplay its almost impossible to fly from base.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2014, 12:53:25 pm »
The saw is a great way to deal with a spawner too if you can't find any other way, giving it a delay would make it even more useless than what it already is.

Also please stop being so mad about spawnkillers and instead try to concentrate on your own shortcomings. There's not a single map in the default CTF map pool in which you are totally defenseless agains a spawner.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2014, 12:59:05 pm »
some people complain about barrett, some people complain about current WM, I complain about spawnkillers :] that how this world roll...

Beside when two people discuss about one think and both of them have totally different opinion, someone(dev, or even you) could make conclusions of this discussion and present something between our two ideas :] to make us happy :]

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2014, 01:05:24 pm »
some people complain about barrett, some people complain about current WM, I complain about spawnkillers :] that how this world roll...
The difference here is that you're whining about a totally legit playing style.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2014, 01:17:03 pm »
omg... why do you(users) always stick to less important part of post....

Why don't you stick to neutral part of my post(about your idea/conclusion)  and write something a bit more useful than keeping conversation about that you dont like if someone have different opinion about something(playing like dck without brain)....

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2014, 01:23:33 pm »
I kinda liked darDar's idea. Also internet forums ain't that serious bizniz

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2014, 01:31:45 pm »
I know that its not serious because people dont behave serious :]
And when someone want to stick to the point he is "that bad guy" :]

About chainsaw you realize that chainsaw that would still kill after player drop it would totally change gameplay?
Everyone would forget about knife or even other guns, and run with chainsaw because, now its one touch kill weapon and with that idea, it would be also ranged weapon.
And also it would be used as a some sort of mine, so people would be throwing chainsaw on the ground when they would run away with eg flag, and enemy would always step on it because it is almost  impossible to dodge something that close to you when you chase enemy with flag.
You would  create all in one weapon and you would totally screw balance
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 01:34:22 pm by Akinaro »

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
Re: New weapons for soldat? Please look at it and vote :)
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2014, 09:08:51 am »
Spawn system currently has quite a weird equilibrium especially for DM/1v1. It may work for CTF, but it does no justice for DM. When you spawn, you have a shield and you can't shoot while with the shield, but when you use barret/m79 you're still vulnerable for a brief moment after the shield expires. There's no way around surviving that if you spawn next to a skilled one-hit-kill user. Instant spawn killing and being ready to fire immediately after spawning should be part of the arsenal and gameplay factor in DM in my opinion. It's more competitive and good/bad luck works both ways this way.

That's what you always do yourself.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2014, 09:13:06 am »
That's what you always do yourself.

like?
At least I'm trying to stick to the topic, not just show up in random topic with some weird comments...

DarkCrusade

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2014, 02:32:30 pm »

like?

Whenever we have an argument, Akinaro. Every. Single. Time. At least neither Smiluu nor me act hypocritical by doing the same.

In regards to the actual topic: I would love to see some kind of bouncing ball rocket launcher. The bullet would bounce off colliding polygons until it either lost enough speed or hit a player. The explosion radius would be the same, though. The downside is that you could not boost yourself or others in the way that it was possible with the current M79.

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2014, 12:12:16 am »
like?
Truth can be a bitter bill, mind over matter buddy.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2014, 03:00:21 am »
ye, better grumble about others when you can't see your own behave... nice.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2014, 08:02:57 am »
Iconic ironic.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2014, 03:16:06 pm »
Please use PMs for further non productive bashing. I don't think you want other community members and the devs to waste time reading that stuff.

Bouncing ball rocket launchers don't sound like weapons which would fit a non sci-fi genre game.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2014, 05:58:28 pm »
Bouncing ball rocket launchers don't sound like weapons which would fit a non sci-fi genre game.
It could be a semi-automatic grenade launcher with timed grenades instead.
MGL-32 for example: http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/6/61/MGL32.jpg/450px-MGL32.jpg

Offline Rotem

• Major
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2014, 04:29:30 am »
how about burst shooting m16? shoots 3 shots every mouse press.. could look nice but there would be WM problems...

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2014, 04:39:12 am »
why m16? and why burst? its nothing hard to quick click mouse to shoot short burst of any automatic weapon, hell, its one of best way to shoot(habit from realistic mode...).
As I said IF you gonna add something check this: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=43319.msg517987#msg517987

I think that for now there should be short range one shoot Double Barelet Shotgun, eg, just like in serious sam :]
Very short range, big spread and reload time. It would be awesome to use it as "charge!!!!" almost kamikaze style xD

And creating "Bouncing ball rocket launcher" is a bit useless, you can use nades for that, and another auto? nope, i think it would be also useless.

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2014, 08:12:34 am »
"its nothing hard to quick click mouse to shoot short burst of any automatic weapon"
That's stupid argument. I don't know who needs ruger when you can just shoot any auto by tapping the leftbutton in big intervals. I think that 3-bullets bursts would make this weapon unique and different from any other weapon in the game that already exists. It would provide more variety than another one-shooter or auto IMO.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2014, 09:08:08 am »
we talk about another auto no ruger that have more DMG and range, what would be point of m16 that is almost no different than styer and AK?
You would make it to shoot just 3 bullets and what dmg you would give it? like AK or Ruger?
If AK it would be the same like clicking mouse button using any other auto, if you would set DMG like ruger what would be point of Ruger?
Look at overall situation, not just individual weapons.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 09:09:46 am by Akinaro »

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2014, 09:21:40 am »
It's not only dmg that would need to be considered when creating it. It could be less accurate/shoot faster than 3 ak shoots(but in bursts) or all the way around. The difference between copared to runger is the fact, that you have 3 bullets that hit individually not like ruger and ruger can shoot through people. There is a lot of ways to make it different from ak/steyr and I think the difference between m16 and ruger would be noticible (at least as noticible as difference between steyr and AK atm) I believe.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2014, 09:38:17 am »
In terms of new range weapon I would stick to semi-automatic vintorez that would be between barrett and ruger, that would have also half of zoom of barrett...
Idea of m16 is just... ...I just don't like it :]

And to be honest just give me P90 with 50 mag and short range but with less spread than mp5 and I would be happy :D

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2014, 01:10:47 pm »
I'd like a bust-fire M16, and IMHO it fits Soldat's current "90's shooters" weapon aesthetic well. My only concern is that it's yet another bullet-based weapon, and it would be nice to have something that is a bit more unique than merely an auto-semi hybrid.

Would be awesome if we could just have separate weapon sets for each team, so one team could have an AK and another team could have M16 instead.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2014, 02:11:31 pm »
Would be awesome if we could just have separate weapon sets for each team, so one team could have an AK and another team could have M16 instead.

uuu... that would be interesting. but I think it would be more work that adding another weapon :/

or if we talk about that... [starting weird dream mode]
maybe set few more weapons, even 4 new one:
this m16,
 vintorez,
double shotgun, 
Revolver that would shoot very quick(you know, cowboy style, shoot from hip, less accuracy than digles)
etc
And then make options in server with limit to 10 for primary slot, so server owner would choose with weapon would be available for both teams...

i know its way complicated idea but... why not?

Offline bencelot

• Major(1)
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2014, 11:03:35 pm »
It would be a bit hard to balance if different teams had different weapons. It works nicely for CS because the teams have different roles (defender vs attacker), but Soldat is mostly balanced between both sides, so the minor weapon differences would have a huge impact.

Offline dominikkk26

• Camper
    • PMGsite
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2014, 03:56:53 pm »
I would love it if you would have added the ability to control recoil minigun or spas. What not to do because too much work ... the more I would like to such as CS players can create their own weapons (max 10), and allow players to receive any packages tekstor etc for them - but writing it wubuchłem laugh anyway because they do not .

Offline DoRaG

• Major(1)
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2014, 08:28:06 pm »
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but I have been playing this game for 4 years and only last week I found out I could've created my own profile but anyway, the only new weapon that I would really like to see is the throwing axe.  it seems childish but I'm the type of person that likes to throw knives and stuff instead of grenades.  food for thought

Offline McWise

• Major
  • The HiHo is unleashed
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2014, 09:55:35 pm »
Just a little idea I had, don't know how much it will mess up weapon balancing or if it is even feasible.

But you could add secondary modes to Primary weapons (similar to CS), for example you could add a burst mode to AK shooting 3 quick shots instead of 1 but with a little break in between, a zoom function for steyr (shorter than barret...) for more range but more spread as well. Or you could choose between spread and range mode for Spas etc. You get the point. This would require a new input key (such as "C") to swap between modes.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2014, 01:13:46 am »
How about a hook for a secondary weapon?
Pull medkits away, ricochet that grenade(or even bullets?) away. Doesn't pull other players or flags to prevent abuse. Colliding with players will simply deal damage and pull nothing. Could also be used as a rope swing like Worms. Controls - hold left click to extend hook and to hook it in place to a wall, release to pull it back to self.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 01:15:49 am by STM1993 »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2014, 04:27:46 am »
How about a shield? That would be quite amazing a secondary actually. It could serve many purposes. It would of course not be as indestructible as the KAG shield (that one is ridiculous), but rather like what we see in hands of riot police officers for example.

I can think of a lot of uses for the shield, but let's hear the devs words on this suggestion before I waste too many words on an idea that was already considered, but tossed. :)

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2014, 07:05:55 am »
Don't like the idea of new weapons of that sort...

However, I think it would be cool if there was a sub-category of skin'd weapons that did the same thing as the original ones. Maybe something that shoots just a little bit faster, but has damage taken off for balance, so it's not like any of the others, but it's still ruger; basically, a minor change in the WM for each sub-weapon, but none overpowers the other, and doesn't take away from ruger, but has different skins(not even sure if I worded this whole thing correctly)

Heres a more accurate representation of what i'm trying to say:

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2014, 09:49:13 am »
I'm sorry Adam but that weapon suggestion is pretty pointless. Why should we duplicate weapons? It doesn't have any purpose other than confusing people.

@DarkCrusade: I thought about something as well. Adding something which is not a real weapon but something that helps your team (place sandbags, place an auto stat gun, ... )
@McWise: That's a good idea as well. At least it would make the weapons less 'boring' than they are now.

gather.soldat.pl

Offline Adam

• Camper
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2014, 10:24:19 am »
I'm sorry Adam but that weapon suggestion is pretty pointless. Why should we duplicate weapons? It doesn't have any purpose other than confusing people.

@DarkCrusade: I thought about something as well. Adding something which is not a real weapon but something that helps your team (place sandbags, place an auto stat gun, ... )
@McWise: That's a good idea as well. At least it would make the weapons less 'boring' than they are now.
Uhm... for more skins than the standard arsenal? it's basically different modifications of the weapon with different skins, this would make gameplay seem more unique and customizable. I guess my idea is "pointless," but a sandbag with an auto stat gun is pretty fucking useful(ESPECIALLY IN CTF, HOW USEFUL IS THAT?)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 10:27:49 am by Adam »

Offline dominikkk26

• Camper
    • PMGsite
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2014, 10:49:21 am »
Misc knives:
- combat downright (It has a larger range of destruction through poking, low speed flight)
- combat throwing (Small entanglement destruction by poking, high speed flight)
- combat poison (Little damage but the player begins to gradually lose HP faster until death)

Misc pistols:
- Great rate, small DMG ammo: 18-22
- Slow rate of fire, a lot of hp, ammo: 12-16
- Very large hp, the average rate of a little ammo 7-9

Misc rocket:
How many are various types of pistols propose any known as: RPG, Bazoka, Spike

PL:
Misc knives:
- combat downright (Ma większy zasięg rażenia poprzez szturchanie, niski speed lotu)
- combat throwing (Mały zasięg rażenia poprzez szturchanie, duży speed lotu)
- combat poison (Mały damage ale gracz zaczyna stopniowo coraz szybciej tracić HP aż do śmierci)
Misc pistols:
- Wielka szybkostrzelność, małe DMG ammo: 18-22
- Wolna szybkostrzelność, dużo hp, ammo: 12-16
- Bardzo duże hp, średnia szybkostrzelność, mało ammo 7-9
Misc rocket:
Jakże wiele jest rożnego typu rakietnic proponuje jakieś znane jak: RPG, Bazoka, Spike

Offline Rotem

• Major
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2014, 03:15:17 pm »
how about a smoke grenade? or a flash grenade?

Offline You Got Served!

• Major(1)
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2014, 11:12:10 pm »
Personally I would not like to see new weapons introduced. Soldat is my baby and I don't like the idea of implementing such drastic changes to the games essence. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Unfortunately I have just learnt that "We're already going to add new weapons eventually.", so I suppose I shall have to like it or lump it.

Now to contradict myself: I've always wanted to have a sword in Soldat, despite never being a big fan of the chainsaw.
I have always wanted to lob a brick at somebody in Soldat, too. Just seems like such a fun thing to do!

Offline Wes

• Major(1)
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2014, 03:45:23 am »
How about a shield? That would be quite amazing a secondary actually. It could serve many purposes. It would of course not be as indestructible as the KAG shield (that one is ridiculous), but rather like what we see in hands of riot police officers for example.

I can think of a lot of uses for the shield, but let's hear the devs words on this suggestion before I waste too many words on an idea that was already considered, but tossed. :)

I have wanted a shield for a long time, that would break after taking a certain amount of damage. To be fair, it would need to be small and aim-able in 360 degrees. As a secondary, a shield like that To balance it, just lower the damage threshold.

Better yet, is to give all players a shield as a third item switched to via holding a different key. Soldat is most fun when weapon switching is involved, making it more dynamic.
Imagine proning mid air to dive through bullets and protecting your head.

I am all for balance and simplicity. Though I personally would like to see less autos and more slower aim based weapons allowing for a game more about dodging and aiming.

Soldat is the most fun for me when autos aren't involved at all. The meta is just completely different when using an auto. That being said, an added shield for all players or as a secondary could potentially balance weapons against each other since players could now afford to move into bullets to a certain degree given that you are aiming it correctly.

It's a simple addition that adds a lot of layers and great plays to the game.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 04:06:36 am by Wes »

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2014, 08:08:07 am »
Did you guys forget there's a shield already in a form of a vest?

Im chill like that

Offline Mojonized

• Major(1)
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2014, 09:31:24 am »
(shield) that would break after taking a certain amount of damage. To be fair, it would need to be small and aim-able in 360 degrees.

Imagine proning mid air to dive through bullets and protecting your head.

A wieldable-aimable-mini-shield sounds awesome :D

+1000

DarkCrusade

« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2014, 11:23:58 am »
@Bonecrusher: The game mechanics are absolutely different. Most servers have bonuses disabled, and even if left turned on, must be picked up. Being able to pick a shield as a secondary weapon is just that much more awesome.

Offline You Got Served!

• Major(1)
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2014, 01:07:25 pm »
My thoughts exactly, Bonecrusher. There is already a vest. I think a shield would discourage players (espcially newcomers) from using one of the core game mechanics.. the movement! Being skilled at ducking, dodging and using the environment is absolutely key to Soldat. How annoying would it be if opponents were able to block your fire with the push of a button. Motto of the story: Take Cover!

Offline Wes

• Major(1)
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2014, 01:55:44 am »
An equippable aimable mini shield that breaks after a few hits is nothing like the vest.

And anything that makes a skill gap is a good thing for a games meta.

I highly doubt it would be a crutch or even annoying. Dodging would be even better with a shield. It's simply an addition. I doubt any player could use it too effectively before it broke anyway. The biggest fear is that it would be too good, but as long as it breaks quickly that's not an issue.

In soldat the difference between life or death is often two or even one hit.

Imagine it small, leaving your feet and head exposed unless aimed.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 02:33:09 am by Wes »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2014, 09:34:35 am »
It would allow for some amazing actions with nades / M79 involved. Epic boosting without much harm? I'm in.

Offline Rotem

• Major
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2014, 09:54:30 am »
m79 is overpowered anyway so making it even more? should 1st be nerfed then do whatever you want

Offline Adam

• Camper
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2014, 02:22:30 pm »
Some of you must think this is KAG; including a shield in Soldat is just as bad as including a sword in CS:GO; unneeded and doesn't fit with gameplay. I mean, you already have a bulletvest, a shield would just be a pointless addition. Regardless of it being used as a defense mechanism.

Offline Toxic Avenger

• Major
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2014, 11:33:58 pm »
Most suggestions are either too similar to what we've already got or just ridiculous spaced out fantasies.
I mean, I like spacing out as much as the next guy but please keep the weapons realistic and 21th century.

I do like the ideas about the sandbags though. Or something like it. As an additional choice of secondary, that is. Another idea here iz to let players choose medkit as sec, either to be dropped and used as a normal kit or possibly only usable when standing next to teammate.

From space with love / Tox

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2014, 04:17:51 pm »
Quote from: Toxic Avenger link=topic=43319.msg520620#msg520620
[...] keep the weapons realistic and 21th century.

Because the game was inspired by Schwarzenegger and Stallone films from the 1980s, I'm quite adamant about putting a tech cap at around 1990. Though Hollywood logic is allowed, so portable Miniguns and jet boots are fine.