YES
9 (32.1%)
NO
12 (42.9%)
MAYBE
7 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: March 09, 2014, 06:09:21 pm

Author Topic: New weapons for soldat? Please look at it and vote :)  (Read 9820 times)

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
Re: Please look at it and vote :) for soldat.
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2014, 08:14:57 am »
that first weapon is nothing more than FN, second is digles but single shot instead of two.

Your idea is more like for modding current ones with this ones, adding them is like making copy of existing ones.
Except last one, but that would be a bit weird to have oneshot weapon that you can use only in prone

Beside I see that you think only about camp weapons :] And I, and probably lots of people doesnt like camping :]

And rugur is not the same like Vintorez, because Vintorez is silenced semi-automatic medium rage rifle with half of zoom of barret and bigger dmg, but with less bullet spread
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 08:23:58 am by Akinaro »

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2014, 08:35:09 am »
Well yes I mostly suggested defensive weapon , but a smart player would now how to parry it and ho don't I dont care.
I knew a Vintorez isn't a Ruger but looks damn same as one (about the its silenced you can change the sound of the weapon so if someone wants to be a hidden sniper you would hear him , damn that would be shitty)
Look at lets say a Ak12 or even a m4a1 it isn't a ak74 but it won't be ingame cause they are too much the same.
But all in all I must say there are no weapons that are too original for soldat besides some equipment like mines or Molotovs .
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline 15th_account

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2014, 08:39:03 am »
I am apologizing if this sounds offending and provoking, but does this mean that you are doing literally nothing? I can understand if you are being new to the team an so on, but if not?

The bullet point list I gave is a simplification of what each dev likes to focus on. I actually focus on anything that concerns the core gameplay. Adding new weapons definitely fits into that.

Please do not consider this as dissatisfaction of the dev team working process, I do respect them and their time spent on making this game better, adjusting community's opinions and suggestions. The reason I've wrote this post is my own understanding of "deal with this" phrase.

That was just my attempt at explaining why fixing hardware/OS bugs doesn't rule out us also adding new weapons.

And it could be nice if you explain this:
"We don't have new weapons because the lack of good weapon suggestions."
But in the same way:
"We gonna add new weapons, the end."

I just don't want people to waste time debating whether it's OK to add new weapons. It's much more productive to just suggest unique weapons that could mix up the gameplay.

And I don't think that you need suggestion for new weapons, its simple: choose few of them and decide what weapons fit better to current list(no laser guns or anything because its not star wars).

Most suggestions so far hasn't exactly been blowing my skirt up. I suppose I could just search the forums for more suggestions, but I expected the current generation to have come across some cool new weapon concepts with their Halos and Call of Duties.

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2014, 08:49:08 am »

Grappling hook @ quake 1 style
shoot at a poly and get dragged there or shoot at person and then switch to spas and blast them up close.
Though this would probably alter the game and map dynamics quite a lot.

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2014, 09:23:56 am »
Well to be honest, looking closely to weapons, its hard to give mind blowing suggestion, because FOR GAME only difference between weapons is:
- look of it(not so important in soldat because of small graphic)
- amount of bullets in mag
- speed
- damage
- spread of bullets

Because in the end it just... small dot that fly on the screen

so if someone want KRIS 45. or P90(my love) or any other small machine gun, we could say: take mp5
if someone want heavy gun: take FN
if you want sniper: take barrett or ruger
you like homing missile? Learn to use LAW
you like another pistol in secondary? learn to use pistol
etc etc

But looking overall to weapon list it would be good to add something between barrett and styer, and some close range weapon with low reload speed(between spas and mp5 bullet spread).

And I'm totally don't like idea of grappling hook that would grab other players. It would absolutely destroy gameplay that soldat have

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2014, 10:06:53 pm »
Well, what we definitely do NOT need is another auto, another pistol, or another rifle. I'd avoid adding any explosive-type weapons to prevent excessive boosting (unless the explosives are weak enough to not provide any boost).

What I would also like to see is burst-fire functionality as well as mid-air detonation (or disappearance) of projectiles which could be applied to any existing weapon via weapons.ini.

So with these things in mind, how about a flak cannon that shoots a burst of multiple projectiles that explode in mid-air or upon impact?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 05:01:34 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline DelintiQ

• Major(1)
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2014, 12:26:19 am »
up up like to see molotovs
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 12:35:18 am by DelintiQ »

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2014, 11:02:59 am »
Can someone change the name of this thread?

-

What about adding some feature to the chainsaw. When you drop down your chainsaw (while shooting with it) it will continiue firing like for 3 seconds.
The more time passes the weaker it will fire & the weaker the enemys will take damage of it.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2014, 11:11:21 am »
When you drop down your chainsaw (while shooting with it) it will continiue firing like for 3 seconds.

Big and heavy NOPE for that. Enough that some players spend all day spawning with chainsaw, and call them self pro gamers with !rate taunt in every alt+ combination. :]

I would rather add starting time when you first time select chainesaw, and add random jam, so you need to star it again.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2014, 12:32:48 pm »
When you drop down your chainsaw (while shooting with it) it will continiue firing like for 3 seconds.

Big and heavy NOPE for that. Enough that some players spend all day spawning with chainsaw, and call them self pro gamers with !rate taunt in every alt+ combination. :]

I would rather add starting time when you first time select chainesaw, and add random jam, so you need to star it again.

Which would make the weapon useless in close combat
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2014, 12:44:38 pm »
No, why? Just change weapon when you spawn(1sec) and you good to go. If you use its only as a close defense weapon, like it should be used you would not see any difference.
Random jam would be good to stop massive amount of spawn kills that few small dck always do all the time.

Player that is spawning would have better chance to fly from spawner and prepare to defense, because its really annoying when eg. in ash there are two spawners with chainsaw's and because of small space and typical chaos of gameplay its almost impossible to fly from base.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2014, 12:53:25 pm »
The saw is a great way to deal with a spawner too if you can't find any other way, giving it a delay would make it even more useless than what it already is.

Also please stop being so mad about spawnkillers and instead try to concentrate on your own shortcomings. There's not a single map in the default CTF map pool in which you are totally defenseless agains a spawner.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2014, 12:59:05 pm »
some people complain about barrett, some people complain about current WM, I complain about spawnkillers :] that how this world roll...

Beside when two people discuss about one think and both of them have totally different opinion, someone(dev, or even you) could make conclusions of this discussion and present something between our two ideas :] to make us happy :]

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2014, 01:05:24 pm »
some people complain about barrett, some people complain about current WM, I complain about spawnkillers :] that how this world roll...
The difference here is that you're whining about a totally legit playing style.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2014, 01:17:03 pm »
omg... why do you(users) always stick to less important part of post....

Why don't you stick to neutral part of my post(about your idea/conclusion)  and write something a bit more useful than keeping conversation about that you dont like if someone have different opinion about something(playing like dck without brain)....

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2014, 01:23:33 pm »
I kinda liked darDar's idea. Also internet forums ain't that serious bizniz

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2014, 01:31:45 pm »
I know that its not serious because people dont behave serious :]
And when someone want to stick to the point he is "that bad guy" :]

About chainsaw you realize that chainsaw that would still kill after player drop it would totally change gameplay?
Everyone would forget about knife or even other guns, and run with chainsaw because, now its one touch kill weapon and with that idea, it would be also ranged weapon.
And also it would be used as a some sort of mine, so people would be throwing chainsaw on the ground when they would run away with eg flag, and enemy would always step on it because it is almost  impossible to dodge something that close to you when you chase enemy with flag.
You would  create all in one weapon and you would totally screw balance
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 01:34:22 pm by Akinaro »

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
Re: New weapons for soldat? Please look at it and vote :)
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2014, 09:08:51 am »
Spawn system currently has quite a weird equilibrium especially for DM/1v1. It may work for CTF, but it does no justice for DM. When you spawn, you have a shield and you can't shoot while with the shield, but when you use barret/m79 you're still vulnerable for a brief moment after the shield expires. There's no way around surviving that if you spawn next to a skilled one-hit-kill user. Instant spawn killing and being ready to fire immediately after spawning should be part of the arsenal and gameplay factor in DM in my opinion. It's more competitive and good/bad luck works both ways this way.

That's what you always do yourself.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2014, 09:13:06 am »
That's what you always do yourself.

like?
At least I'm trying to stick to the topic, not just show up in random topic with some weird comments...

DarkCrusade

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2014, 02:32:30 pm »

like?

Whenever we have an argument, Akinaro. Every. Single. Time. At least neither Smiluu nor me act hypocritical by doing the same.

In regards to the actual topic: I would love to see some kind of bouncing ball rocket launcher. The bullet would bounce off colliding polygons until it either lost enough speed or hit a player. The explosion radius would be the same, though. The downside is that you could not boost yourself or others in the way that it was possible with the current M79.