YES
9 (32.1%)
NO
12 (42.9%)
MAYBE
7 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: March 09, 2014, 06:09:21 pm

Author Topic: New weapons for soldat? Please look at it and vote :)  (Read 9826 times)

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
Re: New weapons for soldat? Please look at it and vote :)
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2014, 12:12:16 am »
like?
Truth can be a bitter bill, mind over matter buddy.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2014, 03:00:21 am »
ye, better grumble about others when you can't see your own behave... nice.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2014, 08:02:57 am »
Iconic ironic.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2014, 03:16:06 pm »
Please use PMs for further non productive bashing. I don't think you want other community members and the devs to waste time reading that stuff.

Bouncing ball rocket launchers don't sound like weapons which would fit a non sci-fi genre game.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2014, 05:58:28 pm »
Bouncing ball rocket launchers don't sound like weapons which would fit a non sci-fi genre game.
It could be a semi-automatic grenade launcher with timed grenades instead.
MGL-32 for example: http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/6/61/MGL32.jpg/450px-MGL32.jpg

Offline Rotem

• Major
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2014, 04:29:30 am »
how about burst shooting m16? shoots 3 shots every mouse press.. could look nice but there would be WM problems...

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2014, 04:39:12 am »
why m16? and why burst? its nothing hard to quick click mouse to shoot short burst of any automatic weapon, hell, its one of best way to shoot(habit from realistic mode...).
As I said IF you gonna add something check this: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=43319.msg517987#msg517987

I think that for now there should be short range one shoot Double Barelet Shotgun, eg, just like in serious sam :]
Very short range, big spread and reload time. It would be awesome to use it as "charge!!!!" almost kamikaze style xD

And creating "Bouncing ball rocket launcher" is a bit useless, you can use nades for that, and another auto? nope, i think it would be also useless.

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2014, 08:12:34 am »
"its nothing hard to quick click mouse to shoot short burst of any automatic weapon"
That's stupid argument. I don't know who needs ruger when you can just shoot any auto by tapping the leftbutton in big intervals. I think that 3-bullets bursts would make this weapon unique and different from any other weapon in the game that already exists. It would provide more variety than another one-shooter or auto IMO.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2014, 09:08:08 am »
we talk about another auto no ruger that have more DMG and range, what would be point of m16 that is almost no different than styer and AK?
You would make it to shoot just 3 bullets and what dmg you would give it? like AK or Ruger?
If AK it would be the same like clicking mouse button using any other auto, if you would set DMG like ruger what would be point of Ruger?
Look at overall situation, not just individual weapons.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 09:09:46 am by Akinaro »

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2014, 09:21:40 am »
It's not only dmg that would need to be considered when creating it. It could be less accurate/shoot faster than 3 ak shoots(but in bursts) or all the way around. The difference between copared to runger is the fact, that you have 3 bullets that hit individually not like ruger and ruger can shoot through people. There is a lot of ways to make it different from ak/steyr and I think the difference between m16 and ruger would be noticible (at least as noticible as difference between steyr and AK atm) I believe.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2014, 09:38:17 am »
In terms of new range weapon I would stick to semi-automatic vintorez that would be between barrett and ruger, that would have also half of zoom of barrett...
Idea of m16 is just... ...I just don't like it :]

And to be honest just give me P90 with 50 mag and short range but with less spread than mp5 and I would be happy :D

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2014, 01:10:47 pm »
I'd like a bust-fire M16, and IMHO it fits Soldat's current "90's shooters" weapon aesthetic well. My only concern is that it's yet another bullet-based weapon, and it would be nice to have something that is a bit more unique than merely an auto-semi hybrid.

Would be awesome if we could just have separate weapon sets for each team, so one team could have an AK and another team could have M16 instead.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2014, 02:11:31 pm »
Would be awesome if we could just have separate weapon sets for each team, so one team could have an AK and another team could have M16 instead.

uuu... that would be interesting. but I think it would be more work that adding another weapon :/

or if we talk about that... [starting weird dream mode]
maybe set few more weapons, even 4 new one:
this m16,
 vintorez,
double shotgun, 
Revolver that would shoot very quick(you know, cowboy style, shoot from hip, less accuracy than digles)
etc
And then make options in server with limit to 10 for primary slot, so server owner would choose with weapon would be available for both teams...

i know its way complicated idea but... why not?

Offline bencelot

• Major(1)
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2014, 11:03:35 pm »
It would be a bit hard to balance if different teams had different weapons. It works nicely for CS because the teams have different roles (defender vs attacker), but Soldat is mostly balanced between both sides, so the minor weapon differences would have a huge impact.

Offline dominikkk26

• Camper
    • PMGsite
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2014, 03:56:53 pm »
I would love it if you would have added the ability to control recoil minigun or spas. What not to do because too much work ... the more I would like to such as CS players can create their own weapons (max 10), and allow players to receive any packages tekstor etc for them - but writing it wubuchłem laugh anyway because they do not .

Offline DoRaG

• Major(1)
Re: Please look at it and vote :) for soldat.
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2014, 08:28:06 pm »
The poll is irrelevant. We're already going to add new weapons eventually. The main thing holding us back is the lack of good weapon suggestions.
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but I have been playing this game for 4 years and only last week I found out I could've created my own profile but anyway, the only new weapon that I would really like to see is the throwing axe.  it seems childish but I'm the type of person that likes to throw knives and stuff instead of grenades.  food for thought

Offline McWise

• Major
  • The HiHo is unleashed
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2014, 09:55:35 pm »
Just a little idea I had, don't know how much it will mess up weapon balancing or if it is even feasible.

But you could add secondary modes to Primary weapons (similar to CS), for example you could add a burst mode to AK shooting 3 quick shots instead of 1 but with a little break in between, a zoom function for steyr (shorter than barret...) for more range but more spread as well. Or you could choose between spread and range mode for Spas etc. You get the point. This would require a new input key (such as "C") to swap between modes.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2014, 01:13:46 am »
How about a hook for a secondary weapon?
Pull medkits away, ricochet that grenade(or even bullets?) away. Doesn't pull other players or flags to prevent abuse. Colliding with players will simply deal damage and pull nothing. Could also be used as a rope swing like Worms. Controls - hold left click to extend hook and to hook it in place to a wall, release to pull it back to self.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 01:15:49 am by STM1993 »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2014, 04:27:46 am »
How about a shield? That would be quite amazing a secondary actually. It could serve many purposes. It would of course not be as indestructible as the KAG shield (that one is ridiculous), but rather like what we see in hands of riot police officers for example.

I can think of a lot of uses for the shield, but let's hear the devs words on this suggestion before I waste too many words on an idea that was already considered, but tossed. :)

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2014, 07:05:55 am »
Don't like the idea of new weapons of that sort...

However, I think it would be cool if there was a sub-category of skin'd weapons that did the same thing as the original ones. Maybe something that shoots just a little bit faster, but has damage taken off for balance, so it's not like any of the others, but it's still ruger; basically, a minor change in the WM for each sub-weapon, but none overpowers the other, and doesn't take away from ruger, but has different skins(not even sure if I worded this whole thing correctly)

Heres a more accurate representation of what i'm trying to say:

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes