Author Topic: Quick Questions  (Read 41347 times)

Offline Drax

• Soldier
Re: Quick Questions
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2016, 08:13:20 pm »
what can players expect in next soldat version?

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2016, 09:22:37 pm »
Most likely tweaks and fixes to whatever was wrong with v1.7.0.
Also more HD graphics and probably a few map remakes.

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2016, 02:41:09 am »
only devs can reply here, so don't spam guys...

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2016, 11:35:08 am »
Most likely tweaks and fixes to whatever was wrong with v1.7.0.
Also more HD graphics and probably a few map remakes.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2016, 03:48:37 am »
I am sorry for starting a little discussion here, but could you add significant thing? like 2 new weapons ???

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2016, 03:52:17 am »
I'd prefer not to add weapons at this time, they require rebalancing which nobody in the team does atm (besides touching hundreds of lines of code for little benefit).
Sorry.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Home

• Major(1)
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2016, 08:33:34 am »
I think maybe you could add a new weapon in the future without touching too much code (or any code at all) by making the Minigun a whole new weapon. It is usually disabled anyway on most servers and doesn't really fit into the Soldat play. Someone mentioned it if I remember right, you could put Minigun into Rambo bow mode or something or just delete it.

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2018, 07:18:14 pm »
I am planning to run a server and make server display vent info for my server so people can have possibility to have voice chat, but I was wandering and I would like to ask if devs will ever make soldat voice chat as default feature?

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2018, 03:47:16 pm »
I am planning to run a server and make server display vent info for my server so people can have possibility to have voice chat, but I was wandering and I would like to ask if devs will ever make soldat voice chat as default feature?
Nowadays, in-game voice chats die in favour of separate solutions like Discords etc.

Also, Soldat is supposed to be released on Steam. I believe it has some voice chat feature implemented so I doubt there's gonna be any effort done in order to provide a dedicated solution for Soldat only.

Besides that... Ventrilo? Rly? Who uses this? TeamSpeak already kinda died because of Discord while Vent was killed by TS as far as I remember.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2018, 04:16:25 pm »
Besides that... Ventrilo? Rly? Who uses this? TeamSpeak already kinda died because of Discord while Vent was killed by TS as far as I remember.

Vent and TS used to be king years and years ago. I feel like adding built in chat to Soldat is feature bloat and much better suited by an external app such as Discord.
There are other worlds than these

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2018, 02:58:55 pm »
Can someone make a list of Soldat clans that are still active? I already know that there are : TF, ABC, Rezz(? that Perm's clan xd), bp., Uniforce and r| .
First of all, what do you understand as "an active clan"? Does a single player with a clantag playing on publics count as an active clan? I don't think so. So you should rather think of clans those frequently enough play some clan wars (like once a week - sounds active enough) or participe in leagues (these are quite rare recently because there are not enough of interested people).

To sum up, I don't think anyone has such list stored anywhere so you gotta make it yourself and still such list won't be 100% accurate.

Offline Petterkowski

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2018, 10:04:40 am »
And clan wars or leagues doesn't matter to this list, I'm interested in those who play on servers, not only those damned gathers.

Well, for now I didn't encounter more active clans besides those that I already listed.
The public server is not the most competitive environment this game has to offer. If you want to play with good players try to join gathers that are being played daily at Discord, that's the Discord where most mixes/games get organized.

There's no real benefit to joining or not joining a clan, it's just a cosmetic thing currently. If you are looking for people to play with, joining their clan is just a bonus. However, there's much more than that. Keep an eye on the official SCTFL's competitive section. Try to participate in tournaments like Capture the Player. You can find there clans and streams of matches to see how to progress as a player.

Put harshly, a competitve clan for a player that only plays public matches isn't that good. If you really want to get into the competitive side as a brand new player, and your not a top player from another game, it sucks but you're probably going to have to grind out those "damned gathers" and show that you can be a stand out player. A lot of teams strictly come from people playing with each other a lot in gathers. With the steam release we'll get bigger and the whole process of getting into the clan will become easier, but for now, gathers are the only way to go.

Of course, there are plenty of 'casual' clans where being competitive isn't the focus. Find out that suits you and go for it. Only join a clan if you like the people in it. Play with them for a couple of hours or so and get to know them and see if they fit your personality and such. However, i still do believe that getting better at this game is much more fun than casual play, and i think that in the long run you'll be more satisfied in playing in a competitive environment. Good luck.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 10:19:41 am by Petterkowski »

Once more into the fray...
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day...
Live and die on this day...

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2018, 04:06:04 pm »
Does anyone has scripts for 1v1 server or is willing to make them? I'm looking for it for guy .l. (on forum nick is WerIsh) for a bigger project.

SOLVED
If you found that script then you could have posted that one here so someone in future doesn't have to ask the same question again. It's a StackOverFlow good practice where people answer to their own questions if they had found a solution on their own.

Offline Irlandec

• Soldier
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2018, 01:35:38 am »
Does anyone has scripts for 1v1 server or is willing to make them? I'm looking for it for guy .l. (on forum nick is WerIsh) for a bigger project.

SOLVED
If you found that script then you could have posted that one here so someone in future doesn't have to ask the same question again. It's a StackOverFlow good practice where people answer to their own questions if they had found a solution on their own.

Well, scripts weren't just found somewhere, they were ordered and gonna pay for them. About sharing them, I can't decide about it on my own, so I'm sorry, but can't do it. Maybe later on we gonna share them to public. :)

Any chances of getting contacts of this private scripting group?

Offline Name

• Soldier
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2019, 10:26:12 am »
Could TTW be made an official game mode?