Author Topic: ctf_Replay  (Read 6916 times)

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
ctf_Replay
« on: April 30, 2014, 10:47:58 pm »
ctf_Replay
by darDar & Akinaro

ctf_Replay
by: darDar & Akinaro
layout thread

This is my second map and it's a great map to play. You can succeed on this map with every weapon and it's a pretty intense map. The very latest version of this map was created by Akinaro. (version3)
If you are interested in the version history of the map be sure to have a look at the layout thread in the mapping ideas board.

This map is very dynamic anf fast paced even though you can play it with every single weapon!
It's not possible to boost your own flags to a bad position to avoid your enemy getting the flag, since the flag is in a cage.

(overview with spawns)

Screenshots:

Download / Rate on TMS

See more maps by darDar

Hosted by jrgp's Soldat Mapping Showcase.

play the map on my private server:
Server: click to join
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 12:40:39 pm by darDar »
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: ctf_Replay
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 11:08:03 pm »
Why does your score counter shown in the screenshots have a reddit face?

Cute map btw.
There are other worlds than these

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 02:15:35 am »

Cute map btw.
thanks,
I modded the "reddit" (??) face into my game by editing the file 'back.bmp' in my interface-gfx folder.
I'm a terrible MS Paint artist though that's why it doesn't look so smooth, changed the hair a bit and attached it.

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 02:52:24 am »

Cute map btw.
thanks,
I modded the "reddit" (??) face

I mean it reminded me of these

Why isn't Akinaro making this topic if he did 90% of the visuals? I remember the other thread and him apologizing profusely for redoing how it looked.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 04:24:29 am »
Because more important is concept of map, I just add more polygons and sceneries :]
Its like I would call my self a "creator of maps" that I remade  on this forum... that would be not cool...
:]

I did that because I was bored, and I really loved this desing, and I  apologizing because It was "work in progress" and I did that without asking darDar
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 04:28:41 am by Akinaro »

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 07:28:26 am »
Why isn't Akinaro making this topic if he did 90% of the visuals? I remember the other thread and him apologizing profusely for redoing how it looked.
Because more important is concept of map, I just add more polygons and sceneries :]
Its like I would call my self a "creator of maps" that I remade  on this forum... that would be not cool...

I did that because I was bored, and I really loved this desing, and I  apologizing because It was "work in progress" and I did that without asking darDar
pretty much what Akinaro said.
It's not like I made a map layout in MS Paint and let Akinaro do the map, I had the map quite much done when he decided to improve it.
Of corse the changes he made were very large (especially the visual changes) but as I said, the map was already fully playble, as you can see here.

I think he had 10x more work on ctf_Pyramid than on this map by the way!
I think Akinaro knows that I'm thankful for what he did and doesn't need to get the 'copyrights' granted for both maps first, to realise it  ;)

gather.soldat.pl

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 07:38:49 am »
For me more important is fun of making this map, not all that "copyright" stuff after that.

And I think this map really should get as many support as possible because its good map: fast, funny to play and without useless jumping or moves like on some maps that have too much climbing touch. :] I would be more happy if this map would be played on servers than my maps.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 11:14:31 pm »
I think it might be good to reduce the width by 10% and the height by 30%
That would make the map even more dynamic and fast paced, it is a tad too big right now in my opinion.

Going to test some things out soon.

gather.soldat.pl

Offline CCalp

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
  • calp (SN)
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2016, 10:17:44 am »
Would this map be ready to be included as default map? I really, really like that! (and ctf_Blako is awesome, too!)

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 12:22:10 am »
I'm not really sure about the latest requirements for a map to become default but I believe it needs to be waypointed, which both maps aren't yet. We've tested blako on geu and even tho soldats community is usually rather not liking new stuff, most ppl. Liked it.
There are some polybugs in the spawn area tho.
It might probably also need a visual upgrade and some shading.

Replay might be more in the state of matching the requirements but it wasn't tested yet.

gather.soldat.pl

Offline TrefluU

• Major(1)
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 11:26:38 am »
Cool map. I like it  ;D
Reminds me of a my map that I never finished :'(