Author Topic: merging polygon types  (Read 994 times)

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
merging polygon types
« on: May 01, 2014, 12:43:54 pm »
I don't know if this should go to 'game improvements' since I don't know how the polygons are coded and if it's a PolyWorks suggestion or Soldat suggestion.
It would be nice if you could just change the polygons attributes by checking and unchecking boxes. It would make mapping easier and give a lot of new polygon types.
eg.
Polygon1:
only player collides : 0
hurts: 1
only flag collides: 1
ice: 1
bullets collide: 0
this would now just be 1 polygon instead of multiple overlapping polygons which would be full of potential bugs.

additional parameters could be:

kits collide:
weapons collide:

-only flag collides polygon does also collide kits + weapons / that should be changed
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
Re: merging polygon types
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 12:53:25 pm »
yeh, I was thinking about that, one poligon with few attributes.

if you could make something like this there would be possibility to make even water poly: it would be just "only player collide" with hurt mode, so player would be  "in" polygon and take dmg because he is underwater, its still not the real water but it would be sufficient for now.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
Re: merging polygon types
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 12:57:58 pm »
This has been suggested before, and I think the reason why this (and many other map-related suggestions) has not been implemented is because it requires big changes to the map format. Of course that doesn't mean this'll never get implemented, I think Fryer (who's responsible for map-related stuff) is just waiting for the right opportunity to make a major update to the map format and include a lot of those highly-requested features.