Author Topic: SOLDAT 1.6.8 RELEASED!  (Read 54228 times)

Offline Name

• Soldier
Re: SOLDAT 1.6.8 RELEASED!
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2014, 03:40:51 am »
Also, you can now climb straight walls "supermeatboy-like" - enojy
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=42895.0;attach=30525;image
It used to be possible to do this kind of jump off of a wall if you could find a place where several polygons were connected at vertices which the player touched while jumping at the wall. You had to find a glitch spot and push yourself towards it, then allow the polybug function to thrust you back and out from the wall.
These kind of glitch spots were always quite hard to recreate intentionally while making maps (just by moving the polygons involved a bit you could somehow get another effect) and many polygons connected at vertices which the player touches always did lead to other issues, such as polybugs which kills or hurts the player on realistic mode. However, these climbing opportunities were a direct result from how the game's physics worked and therefore they could become a natural part of Soldat. To me this new move doesn't make sense. It's something which seems to have been created in a plastic way just to work in this particular situation, rather than something which naturally happens from an overall way on how it works when the gostek collides against polygons.

I'd love to have more agile movement, you should be able to jump off of something and backflip back up without losing momentum, cannonballs should work better like they used to etc but it all has to be consistant. Everything must work according to physics that always works the same way.

Also I really don't like the MP5 spread. That weapon used to be the one gun which could turn around a seemingly hopeless situation at maps like tw_Gloryhill. You could fire with enough accuracy while running to hit a sniper and get him binked before you entered his line of sight and you could quickly take on multiple targets. Most other guns used to be slightly more inaccurate while running, but they had other benefits.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 04:01:34 am by Name »

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2014, 04:38:30 am »
The easiest thing would be a gif with the nick tab completion feature.

When I turn on my version 1.6.7 does not show information about 1.6.8. Why? ???

In 1.6.9 will be new models of weapons?

There should be a blue'ish button on top left screen of your soldat client when you start soldat (on the exit tab).

Damn, it is almost invisible!
Good point, will change it to something easier to notice (will take 2 updates though)

In 1.6.9 will be new models of weapons?
1.6.9 will probably have the new weapon mods.

Also, you can now climb straight walls "supermeatboy-like" - enojy
Just look at this demo... First alladin crouch bug now spiderman rotfl. In the final version.... This shit ruins every climb map again......... Very good job devs!

instead of whining you should have tested the beta !
We cannot force anyone to try the beta.
It is sad that there are not enough climbers helping us by testing the beta versions to keep the climb community happy.

Like I mentioned in the spiderman thread: We will look into it. I'm for removing the feature/fixing the bug.

You got it going on. Are we going to have the weapons select menu and default player interface incorporated into the next release too? or just the default weapon graphics are taken care of?
We will probably only add new default weapons graphics in the next version. I like the other mockups but they require more work implementation wise.
That said: please contribute to the mockups! If we invest time to implement them they should look and feel great.

Fixed hits by bereta and m79. All changes as usual are irrelevant.
I'm always curious about what people want to see in new versions. Send me a pm with stuff you are waiting for in a future version. We might even have some of your ideas on our 1.7 list ;)
Ah btw everyone can pm me suggestions, no matter how happy you are with the current release.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Petterkowski

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2014, 06:59:01 am »
I'm always curious about what people want to see in new versions. Send me a pm with stuff you are waiting for in a future version.

Waste of time. We can all agree on what we want to see. We do appreciate that you are working on new design ideas for more features, but please, please stop and work on fixing the holes where hackers can get in if you aren't already. Imagine a building. Before you make it all fancy and stuff, you need to make sure the building has a strong support. Devs, please patch up the hacker holes before adding anything else. There's no competitive scene without anticheat. We lost the will to play Soldat. The only one existing league in Soldat - SCTFL is being won by cheaters, and it's not like it's a one time accident, it happens season after season. Credibility of the league is suffering. What's even the point of playing anymore?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 07:21:20 am by Petterkowski »

Once more into the fray...
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day...
Live and die on this day...

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2014, 08:02:03 am »
I'm not only interested in what everyone agrees on, I'm also interested in long term ideas. It doesn't mean anything suggested will be implemented but it might be someday.

Ah so you are waiting for the anticheat. It is been worked on...
I would love to have a working anticheat in this version but it is not ready yet :/

I could try to pick some low hanging fruits cheat detection wise to make the waiting less painful.
Rules

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2014, 09:09:27 am »
For past few months(probably even whole year) I saw maybe two cheaters... So its not that big deal

80% of time when someone say hax is because:
a. first person is lame and he call admin/vote hax because he gets beating from this person
b. lags/flood
c. remote admin playing or hidden commands(like spawn knife etc)

Offline Moroes

• Soldier
    • Soldat-Game.eu
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2014, 09:28:02 am »
^
Less players, less cheaters.
It's just boring to update your hax when the game lacks of players and it is probably harder to monetize your tools nowadays.

Offline gor

• Major(1)
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2014, 12:38:20 pm »
Devs,thank you for all the hard work.
I am supporting Peter`s post,the hack issue is killing the competitive scene and its not fun to play against possible hackers.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2014, 12:48:55 pm »
The anti-cheat should still be a priority even if there are less players, old players may return and it gives a sense of confidence to any new players that do turn up. Petter does have a point about SCTFL, just look at the recent final this had 3 players in that were banned during the days of BE/MSAC are they clean now? Who knows... but the suspicion and paranoia is not helping our struggling community at all.

Shoozza if you think you are able to do something quickly to nerf the common hacks then I think that should be done, I know the DEVs need to think of Soldat as a whole and not just SCTFL but really hacking is ruining the whole community. Just because we don't see them doesn't mean they are not there, before BE arrived nobody really realized or suspected anyone then it was turned on and boom we had a banlist 3 posts long.

But as always I love what you are doing for this game DEVS <3 I know its hard!
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Thize

• Major(1)
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2014, 02:05:29 pm »

wat do

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2014, 02:27:07 pm »
OffTopic

Ok I need to ask, where the hell you get that awesome style for windows? o_O

on topic: make full new installation(not patch) but before that backup your map,scenery,textures folders and tounts/profile files so you not gonna lose all maps and graphic
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 02:29:13 pm by Akinaro »

Offline Thize

• Major(1)
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2014, 04:34:52 pm »
OffTopic

Ok I need to ask, where the hell you get that awesome style for windows? o_O

on topic: make full new installation(not patch) but before that backup your map,scenery,textures folders and tounts/profile files so you not gonna lose all maps and graphic

Thanks, will do that tomorrow!

OT: I write ypu a pm about my windows design tomorrow when I am on my computer because its a bit complicated and I dont remember the name right now :)

Offline Xestor

• Major(1)
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2014, 06:01:08 pm »
Does anyone else have an issue with installing new version of soldat?
I tried it both ways, by patching and full installing new version and got an error that Windows can't get an access to files while opening soldat.exe

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2014, 06:48:55 pm »
I tried it both ways, by patching and full installing new version and got an error that Windows can't get an access to files while opening soldat.exe
In which directory are you trying to install the game? This kind of error can sometimes be caused if the system doesn't have full control of the folder and doesn't have permission to read or write files correctly. Have you tried installing in C:\Soldat?

Offline Xestor

• Major(1)
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2014, 04:29:35 am »
In which directory are you trying to install the game? This kind of error can sometimes be caused if the system doesn't have full control of the folder and doesn't have permission to read or write files correctly. Have you tried installing in C:\Soldat?
The previous version was installed on D:\Soldat Files\Soldat and same with the current one. I might give it a try to install on C:\ but I would prefer not to.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2014, 05:25:31 am »
Are installing in exactly the same spot? Maybe you have some antivirus software which checks for file changes and prevents running it?
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Xestor

• Major(1)
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2014, 09:03:22 am »
Are installing in exactly the same spot? Maybe you have some antivirus software which checks for file changes and prevents running it?
Previous version was installed in D:\Soldat Files\Soldat and after downloading the patch, it didn't work. Then I have created a folder in D:\Soldat Files\Soldat 1.6.8 and installed full version and still had same issue. I have checked my antivirus and added 'to accept connection FROM and TO' new soldat, but it didn't help.

When I press right mouse button on soldat.exe icon, I got an option to solve the compatibility issue, but even then when I choose the windows version, soldat doesn't pop out.

I have installed it on C:\ but same results. I guess this is the right time to say goodbye :Đ

EDIT: This is the issue I am talking about: link
I have done every step there, will try to do something with my antivirus, maybe it blocks the file anyhow.

EDIT2: All right, when I turn off antivirus firewall, soldat works. Need to figure out how to make soldat work while antivirus is on.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 10:00:25 am by Xestor »

Offline Toxic Avenger

• Major
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2014, 12:37:41 pm »
A player at PKS NoLags sent me this screenshot - http://images69.fotosik.pl/317/7e8bf6339c9d89bfgen.jpg
It started when he got the new patch. He says game looks normal for 10 minutes before getting like this.

What is it?
And how do I trigger this trippy shit for myself??

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2014, 03:40:48 pm »
I had black bars in firefox once and after a months or so my laptop died...
Maybe he can make a thread and write more detailed about it. I don't think this can be resolved easily.
Rules

Offline Toxic Avenger

• Major
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2014, 03:53:22 pm »
I had black bars in firefox once and after a months or so my laptop died...
Maybe he can make a thread and write more detailed about it. I don't think this can be resolved easily.
You mean it's not connected with patch?
I will forward him here and ask him to do so.

Offline Moneymaker

• Major(1)
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2014, 04:45:41 pm »
Why procedure "OnVote" not working?