Author Topic: New Backflip?  (Read 2249 times)

DarkCrusade

New Backflip?
« on: November 04, 2014, 12:55:52 am »
I was just wondering about something. Would it not be logical to have a backflip out of a straight jump upwards, where you go into a roll and are able to change direction quicklier than normally? It would open a lot more options, both for competitive play like CTF or DM, and especially for the climbing scene.

The player would jump upwards, and hold the W key, and while he's in the air, he'd be able to press the right mouse button in combination with a directional key to start a backflip.

What does everyone else think? I'll add a poll once we have a couple of opinions. :)

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
Re: New Backflip?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 03:32:11 am »
I like it but I don't know how doable it is.

Currently, when you do that, you just jet straight up (and, if you hold jet down, you just continue to jet up) as the 'up' command overrides the directional command. In order to do this, this override would have to be changed, allowing it to recognize the directional command, thus allowing the flip, but still not allowing you to simply jet to the side.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 10:59:13 am »
This should make backflips a bit more noob-friendly and easier to learn, since the order and timing of keys won't be as strict. I also like the idea of being able to combo kickjumps with backflips, so F12

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 12:18:07 pm »
That would be awesome!
f12

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 05:42:58 pm »
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 05:51:14 pm »
http://youtu.be/n0jOO8rAMas
Pretty sure most of us are aware of this, and I used that trick all the time. You can't do it with kick-jumping though (the jump where you only press the jump key, but not left/right keys), or even just doing a backflip after a regular upwards jump.

Offline Name

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 10:15:52 am »
I think the original post was kind of ironic, because the movement in dardar's youtube video has been around for a very long time. However the mid air direction change got kind of suppressed in a recent version release so that you now lose a lot of momentum when changing directions mid air. That's definately not good and it'd be great if the direction change could once again have the power it used to have.

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 12:09:40 pm »
DarkCrusade is talking about the straight vertical jumps (W). Not about side jumps. (A/D+W)