Author Topic: Soldat in 3D? - an intellectual exercise in game design - Continued  (Read 2760 times)

Offline 2sneaky

• Major(1)
So, I posted a while ago about thinking of making a game with the spirit of Soldat but utilizing next gen engine. Well, I put a bit of time into it, and for anyone interested this is where I got to so far:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=547220166

Game is fully network functionable with listen and dedicated server - just needs a metric crapton more development.

Offline CCalp

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
  • calp (SN)
Re: Soldat in 3D? - an intellectual exercise in game design - Continued
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 04:30:57 am »
I want my game to look as ugly as it does now... But that's just my personal opinion :3

DarkCrusade

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 04:57:41 am »
Yeah, because ugly things are called special

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 05:37:36 am »
I think it looks pretty epic. How popular is it? I run a business renting game servers for indie games, and I'd love to support this one as well.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 06:33:49 am »
Cool stuff! :)

Offline 2sneaky

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 06:51:01 pm »
Thanks for the comments, and jrgp the game currently is in pre-alpha (I've only been developing this project for three weeks) I'm trying to get it to Steam Greenlight/alpha stage as fast as I can - the replication and control system are good - I still need to finish the weapon base for explosive weapons and design some suitable maps...
Also while it is intrinsically functional - Its currently using the Unreal default network subsystem but designed to integrate with Steam networking when Valve give me an appid, until then its limited to lan multiplay over hamanchi/tunngle or manual connection via the console.
So early days.. hopefully it will be popular though haha!
But yeah when its got to that point id love to get my game supported by your server company :) Ill definitely hit you up.