Author Topic: SOLDAT 1.7.0a1 alpha release ready for testing!  (Read 23652 times)

Offline brefoda

• Major(1)
Re: SOLDAT 1.7.0a1 alpha release ready for testing!
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2015, 05:17:21 pm »

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2015, 05:36:24 pm »
Hi, I have "black screen" or "white screen" when I try join the server. I tried all settings but no changes  :'(

My netbook:

Acer D270
Intel Atom N2600 1.6 GHz
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600
2048 MB  DDR3 SDRAM - PC3-8500 - 1066 MHz
CTR+ALT+DEL and back for game, sometimes it helps, the problem with the white screen appears when the map needs to be taken. Then wait a moment and Restart your game and join again
I have 4GB, 4x3.86, Readon 6750, win 8 x64. I see such transparent bars, when moving or moves the mouse, they migrate mainly from top to bottom or vice versa it is rather a problem of refresh

Offline MrHamsTR

• Soldier
  • One day, everything will end..
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2015, 06:32:32 pm »
Some Turkish words are not original, they are like just meaningless symbols, not characters as original Ş,İ,Ğ,Ç
And noticed that some Turkish sentences are wrong (I mean translate). It would be good if they change.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 06:36:38 pm by MrHamsTR »
Is there anybody can write script?
Good, go and play soldat ^^

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2015, 07:30:01 pm »
Some Turkish words are not original, they are like just meaningless symbols, not characters as original Ş,İ,Ğ,Ç
And noticed that some Turkish sentences are wrong (I mean translate). It would be good if they change.

Looks like turkish translation file doesn't have unicode encoding like the other ones. Can you try if it works fine with the attached file? (replace txt/default.txt).

Hard to tell the difference for me because I don't understand this language :P
urraka

Offline -Bendarr-

• Soldier
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2015, 08:30:29 pm »
I seriously doubt 4000 FPS is good for my video card.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2015, 08:50:34 pm »
Well... wow. This was much sooner than I expected. I'll need time to digest this.
I guess we'll need another new graphics mod in full HD soon.

EDIT: This looks absolutely fantastic. It looks and feels much smoother and crisper. On some of the better-looking maps it looks on par with many of the modern indie games.

Some bugs I've encountered so far:
- It doesn't like fullscreen. Crashes without any error messages. Windowed works fine though.
- Skin color is pitch-black for my soldier, no matter what I set it in the player settings. Bots' skin color looks fine. EDIT: only seems to happen in single player. Skin color displayed fine in multiplayer.
- When I quit current game and try to start a new one - I get a white screen with sound in the background. I have to restart the game every time I change maps or servers.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 10:15:17 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2015, 09:21:42 pm »
promising but too late

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2015, 09:31:26 pm »
Holy crap how could I not notice the black skin xD

Loner: what system do you have btw? You can also try windowed fullscreen (set Fullscreen=2 in soldat.ini)
urraka

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2015, 09:41:36 pm »
Holy crap how could I not notice the black skin xD

Loner: what system do you have btw? You can also try windowed fullscreen (set Fullscreen=2 in soldat.ini)
I tried windowed fullscreen and it worked fine, no crashes.

The black skin bug only seems to happen in single-player. I joined an online server and it displayed fine. Actually it's not just skin color, but all player colors - pants, shirt, hat too (but not in team modes, since they get replaced by team colors).

I have Windows 8.1 Enterprise Edition 64-bit
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 09:45:31 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2015, 02:14:31 am »
Amazing. Not being disrespectful, but now you did a step. This is something that changes the Soldat status.
Nice job. No input lag or something like that.

I would like to keep helping the game if it's status is "alive", but there's one important question to be answered:
There's a business plan here? Any market strategy? Or you dont have bigger plans for the game?
Because, if I'm preparing to post tons of lines of feedback, I would like to know if the team is aiming something to keep the game growing or just doing things on an almost dead game.

I guess we'll need another new graphics mod in full HD soon.
Ya. Everything is stretched now.

promising but too late
I'm not gonna play Soldat like a crack addict anymore, spending a lot of my time practicing and competing, but it still fun to play.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 02:16:14 am by duz »
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2015, 02:33:58 am »
The short term plan is to release 1.7.0 at the end of this year.
With weekly test versions.

I'd like to hear your feedback on what your idea of a business plan is for soldat before I pick something.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Puure

• Major
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2015, 03:08:13 am »
Yeah your graphics card doesn't support the opengl version we use. If you already have the latest drivers the only thing you can do is wait for us to port it for old graphics cards...
Lol. I have Radeon HD4850 OpgenGL ver. 6.14.10.7660

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2015, 03:50:21 am »
The main change or, rather feature, in this version is a complete rewrite of our old Directx8 renderer in modern OpenGL.
There are some minor fixes too but the new renderer is the main attraction.

Shoozza, does this mean we're closer to a native mac or linux release? At this point aren't the only changes needed changing the sound, input, and window toolkit library? I think those would be a piece of cake compared to changing the actual render code.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2015, 04:08:30 am »
Yeah your graphics card doesn't support the opengl version we use. If you already have the latest drivers the only thing you can do is wait for us to port it for old graphics cards...
Lol. I have Radeon HD4850 OpgenGL ver. 6.14.10.7660
I have another pc with a Radeon HD3850 and I had issues as well. My solution was to uninstall the driver via the ATI driver installation program, then in the Device Manager uninstall the driver completely (asked me for that) then reboot. Windows installed another driver which worked.

@jrgp, yes we are closer to that. It isn't a piece of cake exactly though as is everything interleaved especially the window toolkit library.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2015, 04:33:00 am »

Looks like turkish translation file doesn't have unicode encoding like the other ones. Can you try if it works fine with the attached file? (replace txt/default.txt).

Hard to tell the difference for me because I don't understand this language :P
MrHamsTR Did it work? Maybe you can show us on a screenshot where the non-original symbols are?

Offline MrHamsTR

• Soldier
  • One day, everything will end..
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2015, 06:25:59 am »
@homerofgods,
Here you are, didn't work.

EDIT: I missed "ö" and "Ö". They both are normal.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 06:33:50 am by MrHamsTR »
Is there anybody can write script?
Good, go and play soldat ^^

Offline m11chu

• Major(1)
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2015, 07:06:04 am »
I unfortunately can not test the new version yet (Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600 in my netbook) but I hope that lags in new version disappear.

Weapons changelog will be changed in 1.7.0 version? It would be cool  ;)

Offline mtk

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2015, 09:55:49 pm »
so yup, it didn't work on my laptop so i had to force my nvidia card to be used by soldat, after that it worked fine, but when i was changing the map - the screen was turning all white

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2015, 11:15:16 pm »
so yup, it didn't work on my laptop so i had to force my nvidia card to be used by soldat, after that it worked fine, but when i was changing the map - the screen was turning all white

We found the "white screen" issue happens when you quit the game by clicking on the exit menu option, so as a workaround you can exit by pressing esc + 1 or alt+f9 (instead of using mouse).
urraka

Offline mtk

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2015, 02:53:11 am »

We found the "white screen" issue happens when you quit the game by clicking on the exit menu option, so as a workaround you can exit by pressing esc + 1 or alt+f9 (instead of using mouse).
true