Author Topic: Suicide penalty for TM/DM  (Read 1713 times)

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
Suicide penalty for TM/DM
« on: November 18, 2015, 03:35:07 pm »
These game modes are based on kills and I saw for a decade people avoiding kills, specially when you're playing with survival mode. 1v3 is worst than 3v3, so you commit suicide to have another chance. In theory you're an easier target than in 3v3.
This was so bad that in the brazilian community (the main game mode was TM+Survival) you had a common sense and sometimes you could see people giving a kill for the opponent because he died intentionally. But you never know and the fact is that this is the player's fault, period.
It's like a man at war saying that he killed his friend because he slipped on the banana. This is your fault!

So my suggestion is: -1 kill for suicides in TM/DM, like in other games, just it.

PS: One more common situation... maps that has an opened part. We've never played on these maps because people tried to escape and commit suicide telling you "sry no jet" etc. It should be like Mario Smash Bros, if you are kicked out the Arena, you DIE. In this case the enemy earn 1 point, but I can't imagine this being possible in Soldat DM.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 03:40:20 pm by duz »
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: Suicide penalty for TM/DM
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 01:12:57 am »
Well you can script this easily enough.
There are other worlds than these

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 06:49:39 am »
Of course yeah, but I think that this shouldn't be a custom rule, but a default one. People that don't know how to use scripts or code them should be able to use it. Like "plug and play".
To be honest, this is not a small issue (talking about game modes). It's like something important missing in CTF and you face it every CTF game.

Seems easily to add to the game, nah?
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline CCalp

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
  • calp (SN)
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 09:29:35 am »
Of course yeah, but I think that this shouldn't be a custom rule, but a default one.

+1