Author Topic: I love bush. Do you love bush?  (Read 9810 times)

Offline Denacke

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Soldier
  • Cake!
Re: I love bush. Do you love bush?
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2016, 09:24:55 am »
I'm a bit bummed to see you receive that much negativity in these last few comments L[0ne]R. I like the work you're doing and it's obviously a big improvement compared to the old bushes. I don't agree with Akinaro that they seem out of place.

Everything can always be improved and I'm sure it one day will, but let's be happy with one step at a time! We're already taking huge leaps right now graphics wise. I for one am glad for what we have and very excited for what comes next. Thanks for all the hard work!

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2016, 09:55:48 am »
Just because you are not agree with someone opinion it doesnt mean its bad and negative.
If you expecting that no matter what you do everyone gonna like it no matter what you show you never gonna make good work

No one said that Loner graphic is bad, quite the opposite to be honest. Because graphic is self is good, but it just doesnt fit 100% to rest of graphic that we have now.

And only negative thing that I personally have to say its time it taking to make it. If you accepted to help with such project, even for free, you had to make time plan for it, and had at least minimum experience with making such thing, and to be honest making just one bush like that should take less than one work hour to make in big resolution for feature use or for selling it for other project(because you can make money from it). But this is my personal opinion and you dont need to stick to it, so keep moving.

Soldat always balance between cartoonish and realistic look, but contrast was alway small so no one cared to much even if it was visible.

But now with bigger resolution this contrast is way more visible so its time to make decision to with side you gonna move soldat.
And as I wrote its really simple way to make that decision but sadly no one care about it even if everyone had almost 100 years to make their own vision of soldat, and now its just a matter of simple vote by devs. Mockups would just make it easier.

Not to mention that when you finally choose, its can be way easier to make other graphic of game because you would know what to make and what to expect, now its guessing who make what and with style, and then its gonna be problem to modify it over and over to fit to rest of game.

So no, its not about Loner graphic but just about deciding what to make with soldat and how this graphic fits to rest of game.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2016, 02:10:51 pm »
We heard your opinion, Akinaro, we get it. No need to repost the same thing every single time someone even slightly disagrees with you.

Offline TheOne

• Soldier
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2016, 08:12:40 am »
I think it's an advantage in Soldat to have both styles, cartoony and realistic, available. Mappers have the freedom to choose the style for their map and gather sceneries which fit it. Consistency in all sceneries made would reduce that variety of map styles that is possible.
The problem Akinaro might see is that in already-made maps some sceneries will now look cartoonish and others more realistic, which won't fit together well. but that's a problem which consistency in remade sceneries won't fix imo, because some maps rely on more realistic-looking sceneries, while others rely on more cartoonish ones; and with consistency in remade sceneries either the one or the other would suffer more. Since one scenery is used in a different context on every map, it can't fit exactly in all of them. Imo the most reasonable thing would be to later remake those maps which started looking too inconsistent, choosing new sceneries which fit together.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2016, 08:21:58 pm »
Worked a bit on the "tree bush" (bush6) but then decided to take a break from bushes and do the rubble:

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2016, 05:41:04 am »
That was supposed to be rubble? I always thought it's grass, so many maps are gonna look wrong now :D
Sorry if I'm insolent.