Author Topic: ARMAJET - Another Soldat inspired game  (Read 5471 times)

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
ARMAJET - Another Soldat inspired game
« on: February 27, 2016, 02:11:22 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RFPlJY0pCo

So they've been advertising this game all over reddit in arenaFPS and indiegames sub sections, saying it's like Unreal+Quake+Soldat. I don't see armor pickups anywhere though so I don't think it's gonna be like Quake/UT at all. Ah, never mind, seems like there's some. It could be like Soldat without the butter smooth aim/movement and trickjumps.. I don't know. Visuals look nice, but the movement looks wonky. What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 02:13:44 pm by smiluu »

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
Re: ARMAJET - Another Soldat inspired game
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 02:35:00 pm »
Nope, for the movement. Map graphics - nice, player's not so much...mobile support? Blah.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Moroes

• Soldier
    • Soldat-Game.eu
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 02:46:10 pm »
Looks like storm2D with movement. It actually reminds me of Crust which is a nice multiplayer space shooter for mobile devices but unfortunately lacks popularity... well my wooden phone and tablet can't handle it anyway. I think people tend to play simple but inovative (usually stoopid, just to kill time) games on their phones. This one might be aiming on gamers who aren't afraid of "more complicated" gameplay. Hopefully not p2w and similar bs. This is how good mobile game might look like in my view and tbh I don't expect any quake/soldat-like mechanics in this field. But yea, mobile gaming ain't much entertaining. The best experience I've had was playing games like worms, crust, airhockey on single device with friends... that was just hilarious.
I'll give it a try anyway. I might be actually getting a new phone by the time alpha comes.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 02:50:05 pm by Moroes »

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 04:38:55 pm »
maybe someday someone gets it right. Soldat has just always had something no other 2d combat game has.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 05:21:26 pm »
Thx for sharing :)

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 05:29:18 pm »
maybe someday someone gets it right. Soldat has just always had something no other 2d combat game has.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Moroes

• Soldier
    • Soldat-Game.eu
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 03:50:37 pm »
So I've just remembered about this game because I got the new phone. It's a bit late unfortunately because alpha was 2weeks ago :/.
Has anyone tried it? Seems good, you can check saved broadcasts at mobcrush.com/armajet

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2016, 05:30:01 pm »
This "something" might be the movement/player physics that make the game control like no other game, and lets you perform a wider variety of moves than most games let you. Though it's also harder to learn, which is probably what the other games' devs are scared of, so they opt in for something simpler so it's easier for new players to get into.

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2016, 07:18:46 pm »
They probably used something like unity or unreal engine to build this game, and these things have physics implemented in a rather sane manner. I guess if MM were to write soldat today, he'd also use some game engine instead of writing all by himself and we'd end up with a very different game than we did.

Nice game btw, might give it a try.
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline Petterkowski

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2016, 06:22:28 am »
Yeah totally agree, SOLDAT has soul! It nails its atmosphere amazingly well, but it's sadly very underrated. Soldat is seriously incredible, the gameplay and its movement, the atmosphere, it all lives up to the hype. It makes me very excited to see how much devs return to their regular updates and i hope they keep doing it and improving it even more so maybe one day we'll have far greater playerbase, account system, anticheat, steam and other cool stuff. I really do believe in this. This game is worth it because once you play it, it takes over your soul and you're done, you're forced to stay here forever. This game has soul and sucks you in like Jumanji. No other game has this and no other game will ever come close to Soldat because no other game has a real soul. You have to understand. Soldat is alive while other games are just games.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 06:25:33 am by Petterkowski »

Once more into the fray...
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day...
Live and die on this day...

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2016, 08:46:16 am »
No other game has this and no other game will ever come close to Soldat because no other game has a real soul. You have to understand. Soldat is alive while other games are just games.
And you don't sound biased at all. ;)

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2016, 10:44:33 am »
Visuals look nice, but the movement looks wonky. What do you guys think?
Well, this is a smartphone game so you can't really give players possibility for advanced moving because they got only one finger to move their character. The other one goes for pointing the targets with weapon and shooting.

Seems okay as a casual game to play from time to time when bored but nothing more imo ;)