Author Topic: ctf_Caro  (Read 6273 times)

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
ctf_Caro
« on: March 12, 2016, 11:55:18 am »
ctf_Caro
by darDar & Akinaro

Layout by darDar | All visuals by Akinaro

The whole upper / roof path is deadly except the boxes which hurt; means that you will need to boost yourself to navigate through there / or jet onto the boxes and refuel your jet and continue.

Download / Rate on TMS

See more maps by darDar

Lovingly hosted by jrgp's Soldat Mapping Showcase.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 05:37:25 am by darDar »
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
Re: ctf_Caro
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 10:50:09 pm »
Nice. Flags should be beside the caution signs and where it's deadly, to make it more interesting and make sure the top gets used.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 07:31:49 am »
Nice. Flags should be beside the caution signs and where it's deadly, to make it more interesting and make sure the top gets used.
That would make the map unplayable, as that's the spawn for both teams, which would it make pretty much impossible to cap. Also, the upper / roof path is intended to be used barely anyway. You have in fact larger chances to capture from roof when the flag spawn is located where it is now, as people will take less care of top/roof. (similar to Voland)
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline CCalp

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
  • calp (SN)
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 04:33:52 pm »
That looks awesome :3

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 06:16:00 am »
When the background scenery option is disabled on config, I cannot see the borders of the roof section (which will cause death) nor the boxes on which you can stand.
So needless to say, I believe those crucial scenery objects should not be a part of the background scenery when they are required for survival.

But honestly, this route seems to me too "forced" on a CTF scenario, getting the vibe of a climb, so with or without fixing of the above - i'd preferably lose this section.
I mean yeah, this type of thing exists for example in Voland, but here the amount of maneuvering required is excessive in my opinion.

Other than that, it is well done and I think this could be in the official map poll if there'll ever be another version released.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 11:09:40 am by nosejj »

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 10:08:22 am »
Scenery problem that nosejj mentioned + you got some polybugs you can fix (screenshot). Also it's very hard to tell that the flag platform is one-way-through :v I like the layout apart from the roof part.
You could at least add some crates in there for nade-boosting. It's already way to clunky to go there with this ammount of jet :/ Also, you could use more colors on these polygons. They all look the same, and blend in :C

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 11:34:54 am »
Map was never actually tested. As it was made, it end here.  I dont know if even DarDar used it in any match...

As for map it self it have nice layout in some places: Mayapan-Like lower part, open space up for chaotic action and lots of ways for run with flag.
But honestly map is too open and it have too much camp spots, not to mention that visual is crappy: sides of map look too thin, upper part look weird with that one big column, redness of deadly poly are too pink'ish.
Also as far as I liked that ""hilly"" style few years ago, now is just annoying.

Offline MrHamsTR

• Soldier
  • One day, everything will end..
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 08:48:10 am »
Thanks for map, going to use it in my hns server.
EDIT: Can't download, could you upload another one? (site)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 08:51:44 am by MrHamsTR »
Is there anybody can write script?
Good, go and play soldat ^^

Offline GymPolice

• Major(1)
  • What's that face?
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 03:47:35 pm »
Map was never actually tested. As it was made, it end here.  I dont know if even DarDar used it in any match...

As for map it self it have nice layout in some places: Mayapan-Like lower part, open space up for chaotic action and lots of ways for run with flag.
But honestly map is too open and it have too much camp spots, not to mention that visual is crappy: sides of map look too thin, upper part look weird with that one big column, redness of deadly poly are too pink'ish.
Also as far as I liked that ""hilly"" style few years ago, now is just annoying.

"If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all" - just to give you a piece of wisdom of my granny's. The one thing you seem to be competitive at is your negativity. Which is too bad, because your maps aren't half-bad.

I like the map. It's a neat layout, and there have been much worse visuals before.
Algorithm
noun ~
Word used by programmers when they
do not want to explain what they did.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 04:13:54 am »

"If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all" - just to give you a piece of wisdom of my granny's. The one thing you seem to be competitive at is your negativity. Which is too bad, because your maps aren't half-bad.

I like the map. It's a neat layout, and there have been much worse visuals before.

Can I ask you the hell you are talking about?
Because its look like your Granny was fascist and for her any opinion that is not as her, is bad.

Also you try to say that I cant post my personal opinion about my own work? Fallowing that reasoning we all should lick each other butts and prise anything no matter how bad it is?
2017-Snowfalek syndrom where you cry if someone say that he dont like color that you like?

If you see negatives all around you, I think problem is with you not other people. Rest of people use facts that they threat not positive nor negative. Just facts.
And fact is that as I said, quote:

You see? I actually comment about specific parts of map, not just post one word about it. This is called "opinion", it can be used for future work, fixing problems and improvement of future versions of product. Get used to it or you will have hard time in life.

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2018, 12:13:48 pm »
I tried it in Gather lately, it feels like kind of a hybrid between newage and oldschool soldat maps. It's pretty cool honestly and plays out nicely. Personally not a big fan of the camping heaven on the upper route.