Author Topic: SOLDAT 1.7.1b2 beta release ready for testing!  (Read 10876 times)

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
SOLDAT 1.7.1b2 beta release ready for testing!
« on: June 26, 2016, 06:10:40 pm »

Dear soldiers,

4 days have passed since release of 1.7.1b1 and a few bugs and regressions were found during that period. We're happy to present you polished version of 1.7.1b1 with all the reported stuff fixed.
Besides code fixes, this release brings even more 4k into soldat, mostly sceneries.

Even more HD!

Soldat 1.7.1b2 introduces even more HD sceneries such as jungle, grass and others.
Not only it improves existing sceneries with UHD replacements, it also introduces a few brand new ones.
This should allow to create even greater, more beautiful maps.
Big thanks to L[one]R for all his work and commitment!

Soldat 1.7.1b2
Soldat 1.7.1b2 Patch (for 1.7.0 and later)

Server 2.8.1b2
Server 2.8.1b2 Patch (for 2.8.0 and later)

Provided that nothing major gets reported, Soldat 1.7.1 final will be released on Thursday.

Credits:

Code fixes:

Falcon

Graphics:
L[one]R

Weapon mod:
darDar

Release post template:
calp

Soldat 1.7.1b2
- Fixed client WM checksum checks
- Revert "Modified stop rendering when soldat window isn't active"

Soldat Server 2.8.1b2
- Fixed date util functions broken in 1.7.1b1
- Fixed hitbox modifier values were not synchronized over the network
- Fixed Inc and Dec functions broken in 1.7.1b1

Graphics:
- Added 4K UHD sceneries: jungle sceneries, grass, other.
- Added a few brand new sceneries.
- Modified some sceneries (minor tweaks).

Weapon mod:
Normal:
- AK Damage 1.11 -> 1.008
- AK Ammo 40 -> 30
- AK Fireinterval 11 -> 10
- AK ReloadTime 150 -> 132
- AK Speed 24 -> 24.6
- AK Bink 0 -> -12
- AK MovementAcc 0 -> 0.012
- AK BulletSpread 0.09 -> 0.025
Realistic:
None

Maps:
None

« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 02:42:17 am by Falcon` »
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
Re: SOLDAT 1.7.1b2 beta release ready for testing!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 11:58:30 pm »
Hotfixes are hot. I hope the ruger is fixed but I think it might be still too OP.
We'll give it a bit till wednesday I guess to confirm finally.

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 01:14:05 am »
dardar break weapons mod...

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 06:12:47 am »
Good to see everything moving along! Big up Falcon! (dl link down though?)

Not sure about these weapon changes and unfortunately wont be able to test it. Maybe if darDar could post his reasoning for these changes it will help us get onboard? Wont lowering the AK bullets just make it a buffed up aug??

From the first beta I thought the rugar was a little overpowered. I had hoped we may see Petter suggestion of a higher fire interval?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 06:19:07 am by CheeSeMan. »
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 06:36:36 am »
and dardar told me i shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the weapons mod
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 07:09:10 am »
Good to see everything moving along! Big up Falcon! (dl link down though?)

Soldat 1.7.1 Beta 2 Full: http://bnc.gather.vet/downloads/soldat171b2.zip | Patch: https://public.eat-that.tk/beta

Not sure about these weapon changes and unfortunately wont be able to test it. Maybe if darDar could post his reasoning for these changes it will help us get onboard? Wont lowering the AK bullets just make it a buffed up aug??
About which changes aren't you sure precisely? Lower ammo came with lower reload time. The ammo and reload time will be set back to default, possibly slightly more reload time.

From the first beta I thought the rugar was a little overpowered. I had hoped we may see Petter suggestion of a higher fire interval?
That will be introduced for the final release.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 02:34:57 pm »
Get rid of Barrett's bink, Barrett is way too underpowered in the competitive scene (i.e. when you play with players that can actually aim), it's ridiculous
No weapons should have bink except in realistic mode
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 03:05:28 pm by %%%%%%% »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 03:58:15 pm »
About which changes aren't you sure precisely? Lower ammo came with lower reload time. The ammo and reload time will be set back to default, possibly slightly more reload time.

It would be nice to hear the reasoning behind all of the changes, and what was the goal. Right now all we see is just numbers.

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 04:32:32 pm »
You can go play it (for instance on #soldat gather) and see bullets flying around instead of numbers. Might help the case.
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2016, 04:57:41 pm »
You can go play it (for instance on #soldat gather) and see bullets flying around instead of numbers. Might help the case.

1. Sometimes the changes are marginal and not easily noticeable.
2. More significant changes can still be hard to assess if you have little experience with a particular weapon.
3. Your conclusion may be completely different from what the author of the WM intended to achieve.

It would still help to hear the reasoning behind the changes, so we have that extra element to compare to numbers and gameplay.

Offline Petterkowski

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2016, 07:11:01 am »
I'm glad to see it's all moving :) Good job. I'm gonna state my pov on the ruger again as some of my posts were lost due to a downtime of the forums. For me the idea that the ruger will be a 2 hit kill all the time is absurd. At best, the ruger should deliver death with two head shots and three torso/leg shots and it still would have been too much. But at least it would be bearable.

As anyone who plays Soldat knows, ruger is far too dominent, providing 2-hit kills regularly no matter what body part you hit. 2-hit kills give the ruger the edge over other weapons, which is bad, as what I assume the whole point of 1.8 is to even out playability for all weapons, leaving none the easier preference.

As long as I remember there's always been that one specific weapon that has dominated every situation and getting rid of that. I do know that at this moment it's not possible to seperate the gostek onto lower and upper part due to the way hitboxes work. That's why i suggest to tweak the ruger to an ultimate 3 hit kill on this moment so it's a fair and conventional damage distribution system for each mode until hitbox registration code is re-worked and will allow us to split the ruger shots into head and torso/leg in a way it guarantees 2 and 3 hit kill depending on the body part.

Once more into the fray...
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day...
Live and die on this day...

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2016, 09:31:53 am »
It would still help to hear the reasoning behind the changes, so we have that extra element to compare to numbers and gameplay.
I have to admit I've been waiting for such thing to occur for a week. Later, forums died and I couldn't bitch about the b1. Now, we got this b2 WM changes which are even more terrifying to me. Seriously, from what research was concluded that Barret and Ruger needs a boost and all autos should be nerfed? Especially AK which main advantage was its Damage - not low BulletSpeard which prevoiusly was the greatest among other autos (except from HK but it's different range weapon). Now, AK's Damage is lowered by 10% in total and there are 25% less bullets.

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2016, 09:44:08 am »
You clearly didn't play the game, did you now? Damaga of AK is now actually higher than it was before. Damage calculations in soldat look roughly speaking like this:
Code: [Select]
RealDamage = Damage * Bullet speed * Hitbox modifier
As you can see, AK got speed bump much higher than Damage decrease, hence the real damage is now higher.
Please, guys, either go play the game and tell us how the weapons really feel for you or suggest some viable alternatives. Bitching about the numbers is not going to do any good to anyone. I've tried to estimate changes in weapons solely by the looks of those numbers too, and I know how big mistake is that. They just don't tell you the whole story.
- Andrew Lewis

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2016, 11:54:48 am »
First time I hear someone tell you to judge balance by "feel"...

Offline BKT

• Major
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2016, 12:31:18 pm »
What's wrong with the hitbox and the collision thingy that need fixing anyway and what's change done to it in the beta?  ??? Can someone actually describes it more in detail and not just it being 'optimized' ?

I know, I know, the whole thing is such a pile of clusterfuck that it's hard to even tell where to start... But with insight into the technical of it, a bit of skill, and the capability of actually giving a fuck, it can be done.  :-*

-------

On the WM change:  Before doing something to it, one would need to have a firm grasp of what weapons meant to be and have a clear direction of what you are trying to do toward that while keeping in mind the overall picture of things— qualities that seem to have been increasingly ignored or forgotten since MM departure.

Take for example— MP5 and Steyr used to have a quirky and unique behavior to each of them that's not found on any other gun in very old version of Soldat (a strange time when you spawn and can instantly kill people with 1 shot gun, when chainsaw do not always kill in 1 hit, and hitting throw button make knife instantly rocketing out from your hand with higher speed than a current full charge one, good ole days...?  :P)  ...  It's there for a reason.

Also, While seeking feedbacks from userbase is a good thing to do in general, it would be unwise if that user feedback came mostly from community of players that plays almost exclusively in a particular type of game in a very particular type of setup, regardless of how skilled and  how sinceres and well-intentioned they are.
Owned by player with high ping = Blame the ping.
Keep getting owned when playing on the other side of the world and got high ping = Blame the ping.

Make sense...

Offline verbeia

• Major(1)
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2016, 01:57:17 pm »
Well okay dont care about the bullet amount of ruger that kills you. But even one single shot to head makes you  -%75. This is ridiculous if you got idea about competitive soldat. Soldat is alive because theres some competitive area and competitive players involved. You should take some top level players to create back WM. Being -75% in any map means you are %95 dead in competitive game. Actually you dont even need to kill guys. You can just shot them all with one bullet then your teammates can clear them with only a few bullets. This ruger is ridiculous and must be changed ! We are telling you Falcon. Stop saying ''go play test it'' We tested it and its ridiculous.

Offline M[a]nny

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2016, 04:24:52 pm »
I am sorry but link http://static.soldat.pl/downloads/soldat171b2.zip doesn't work. Could you fix it, please?