Author Topic: Soldat 1.8 rumors.  (Read 6531 times)

Offline Moroes

• Soldier
    • Soldat-Game.eu
Soldat 1.8 rumors.
« on: November 19, 2016, 02:06:39 pm »
Hai, just wanted to share few speculations and discuss about future updates. Any opinions are welcome.

1. Soldat on Steam.
Yeah! It's real, it's happening - well, hopefuly the 1.8 release will make it on steam without any hiccups. Soldat is going strong and it will be once again among the respected AAA titles, that also means priced at 60$ but we all know the game is worth millions and this is just a small portion. The game is indeed great and gonna have a huge success once it rolls out on steam. Thousands of new players will literally flood the servers.
What does a steam release bring? We will get all those cool steam features like achievments and ingame integration. We could also expect competetive ranked matches on global servers and something like ESL league later.

Image art by Sipar

2. Better networking, anticheat.
Soldat will get much more stable with the steam integration. Say goodbye to eats and magnets and...
Code: [Select]
VACenabled = truePoor cheaters ;(

3. Updated graphics and gui.
I am not really sure about the ingame graphics but the gui will be fresh new, similar to COD or BF gui, actually even nicer - shiny and animated.

4. Oldass bugs fixed.
Finally. Spectator bug, ghost bug, weapon bug, polybounce bug, bugged movement animations, prone cancel bug, you name it. All that is being fixed and tested in current alpha build. We will actually get a new simpler movement so newcomers could stand a chance against veterans.

4. New map format.
Map files will have new uncluttered structure and it will be much easier to create a well-looking and bugless maps with the new map editor - RIP .pms format  :'(.

5. New battlefield-like mode.
I don't actually have any inside info but you shall get yourself ready for dem vehicles! Remember this funny picture?

Get ready for fights in the open air!

Image art by allmighty MM

There is definitelly more stuff coming - like new game commands. And even more is planned for future versions. Feel free to share any other leaks.  ;)
/s

« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 07:16:11 am by Moroes »

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
Re: Soldat 1.8 rumors.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 02:49:03 pm »
The fuck did i just read
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline Moroes

• Soldier
    • Soldat-Game.eu
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 02:59:32 pm »
The fuck did i just read
Oh here's the response. Hai Falcon, how are you doing? Wheres the devlog?

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 03:15:48 pm »
I've never received any questions from you, at least i don't remember any, so i'm not sure where's the "here's the response" coming from.
As for devlogs, same logic applies: I never wrote any, I've never heard any requests for one from anyone, so i don't do them. They'd be quite boring anyway, even if something is happening, it's mostly technical changes like PhysFS or SDL or whatnot.
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline Moroes

• Soldier
    • Soldat-Game.eu
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 03:38:30 pm »
Sorry for misunderstanding. I ment response to the topic. As for devlogs, I used to read them and they were pretty much the only thing worth reading here. Now there are mostly topics filled with complains, spam and stupidity and no actual info about the game. I keep lurking here and I always end up reading a brainless post written by random angry kid or similar piece of art. I like reading changelogs too because they contain the most important stuff. I am sure I am not the only one who would like to read about any progress or ideas or just "dev stories". Anything about the game progress if there's any.

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 05:25:18 pm »
Come on Falcon, don't be so mean only because he guessed everything completely accurately :/

I want to know who leaked info about the mosquitoes, though..
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 05:32:21 pm »
Aren't you a bit late/early for April Fools?

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2016, 05:47:48 pm »
None of which is a justification for writing false information, Moroes. You clearly know shit about what's going on and here you are, writing a post looking like a genuine summary of what's going on. We all know you did it just to gather some attention, which was by the way completely unnecessary, you could've just asked here or on IRC, i usually answer.
- Andrew Lewis

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2016, 07:29:53 pm »
This could potentially harm soldat. Good job Moroes

Offline Slasher

• Soldier
  • Peace
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2016, 08:04:37 pm »
really? Soldat on steam its very good..and 1.8 c'mon!!
Make love, not war.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2016, 09:27:38 pm »
Chill out, people. It's The Lounge so the seriousness should be turned off ;)

Offline Moroes

• Soldier
    • Soldat-Game.eu
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2016, 07:17:45 am »
really? Soldat on steam its very good..and 1.8 c'mon!!
Finally someone appreciates the topic. You never dissapoint me, Slasher :)

Offline paintZoom

• Major
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 11:27:01 am »
so.. if game goes on steam we would have to buy it?? (that would be the end for me unless someone release a no steam version xD)

about "eats" those are fun bro.. it gets you that feeling that nothing is set. it can work for you or against you making "miracle" plays
besides sometimes you can eat on "purpose" and is really fun when it works xD
i dont know about removing/fixing it .. its a quite unique feature

those mosquito's xD looks really cool

Offline Slasher

• Soldier
  • Peace
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2017, 04:22:17 pm »
Do not end the game by placing animals, this will escape the true reality of the game...please!  >:(
Make love, not war.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2017, 10:55:53 am »
about "eats" those are fun bro.. it gets you that feeling that nothing is set. it can work for you or against you making "miracle" plays
besides sometimes you can eat on "purpose" and is really fun when it works xD
i dont know about removing/fixing it .. its a quite unique feature
Very funny until enemy flagger eats a LAW's bullet and does a win cap in a result of such event. I laugh every time... And then I rage quit the game.