Author Topic: New dev lead + STEAM release this year!  (Read 38807 times)

Offline gor

• Major(1)
Re: New dev lead + STEAM release this year!
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2017, 02:24:42 pm »
Great news yet how long steam newcomers will stick after seeing cheaters in every public game?

Offline bernadinho_O

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major(1)
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2017, 03:18:23 pm »
good news! gor: i remember when i was a noob almost everyone was a cheater to me because the skill gap was so huge. anyways i dont think that this will be a problem

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2017, 03:24:14 pm »
I'll believe it when i see it.
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Raged`

• Major(1)
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2017, 03:27:11 pm »
good news! gor: i remember when i was a noob almost everyone was a cheater to me because the skill gap was so huge. anyways i dont think that this will be a problem
i remember those days too.There wasnt so much option back then but now its not the same.I think proper matchmaking system could solve this problem.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2017, 03:28:57 pm »
Someone has lied to you, soldat now uses only open source libraries, go to soldat repository and check develop branch.

Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Ratman

• Major(1)
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2017, 11:14:54 pm »
This game just isn't noob friendly right now. Even with a sudden boost in players for a month or two, the playerbase will drop just as quickly. At the minimum we need a better UI...

HoweverI dont mean to be a complete downer, atleast this is some sort of progress. Let's just hope it is in the right direction.

Offline vinteek

• Major(1)
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2017, 06:15:04 pm »
Holy cow, the one thing I would never consider durning my time when I was yet active was to read something of MM's about Soldat. I have spent so many time playing this game, it was a huuge part of my childhood and school years, but even then I could easly see that it had no chances to survive. To be honest I am still quite shocked that it managed to not die completly until this day. Don't get me wrong I love this game and if there were any chances that its scene would be as much active as it was durning its finest period 1.3.1-1.4.2 I would have downloaded it again and started playing. But the harsh truth that needs to be said is this game as it is now sucks balls more efficiently than a best Brazzers hooker. It has become a playground for unexperienced so-called devs who treat it as their job interview portfolio or something of a kind. They dont give a fuck about game competetive scene which in every other case (games) is a priority for devs to take suggestions and stuff from game's most experienced and best players. No, in here so-called devs were adjusting game for begginers, making it easier and easier each vesrion so the skill-gap would no longer be of concern.

1 new version each year or even less often, each of those make game slightly more unplayable adding new eats because this is the only game i've met durning my whole life that its netcode acts like a human being - its getting older and weaker each year(version in this case).

Lack of anticheat leaves us nowhere because even before when there was an actual anticheat - hacking in this game wasn't hard, furthermore I honestly thing that ANY new, true player will decide to play this since there is no way of knowing if the other players on the server are clean. Even if its on steam...

Why do you insist on extending lenght of this games already overextanded lifespan while you still dont give a fuck about it's developing and making it better? You abandoned it years ago, let it finally die in peace.

Offline sanada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major(1)
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2017, 12:49:41 pm »
Great news!
Actually, it may need to be improved by reducing lag problems and introducing new systems like matchmaking to become popular again.
But Steam release is more than enough considering this game is practically dead today.
I can expect some old players will come back at least for some time and I'm happy with just that.

Offline LinkcL

• Major(1)
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2017, 11:05:20 pm »
Hey everyone,
I need to officially announce this. For a long time my number one priority for Soldat was to get it on Steam. Because the attention of gamers is on Steam. We will get new players from there easily and keep Soldat alive and happy. But... It's been too long and I see nothing will come out from waiting.

I talked with Shoozza over the past weeks and he agrees with my intentions. We also see that the current dev team is going nowhere, despite their best efforts.

We decided that we want to ship Soldat 1.7.1 (with some fixes as Soldat 1.7.2) on Steam for FREE (Windows only first).

The release date has been decided to be 21st December 2017. So it's also the date were Soldat will become 100% free both on soldat.pl and Steam (YES it will still work without Steam). So thank you, everyone that has registered and supported me and the Soldat infrastructure and people involved. We wouldn't have made it without you. But it is time to retire registrations and give something back to the community. By making it free we bring it back to where its place is.

This is the best option I see for keeping Soldat alive. So there will be no new things, no new gui's, no money involved. This is just for the community and for the people that want to have some fun with the game again.  I hope this will work out and what is best for the community. We should see a steady income of players next year. After that, we can continue developing whatever plans are currently on the to-do lists (including new GUI, multiplatform support, ...) that the current dev team is developing. As for now, Shoozza will take the official lead to bring Soldat to Steam by the end of the year. Wish us luck :)

Cheers,
MM

Hi
I come from Chile, i am the last admin of my country.
If all goes well, i will motivate my country again.

1) You could enter a rank system, like a league, i guess that will work.

2) The other that can be added, they would be medals in the profile of each player.

3) A system of accounts to improve the community, connecting the forum user to the game.

4) Weekly or monthly, include in the menu important tournament news.

5) Include a voice chat within the game.

6) Putting in a part of the game, a clan menu, for when you play, get the clan tag. Example. [xG] LinkcL

7) Integrate #gather to game interface, to put look for 3vs3 match. Normal and Rank.

Good luck developers.
Soldat never die 8)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 11:14:04 pm by LinkcL »

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2017, 07:14:16 am »
Download Images Pack and ImageObject
First add if server start get check all images using in scripts. Next create pack, add checksum for this pack, next if player try join to server first check does he have soundpack if dont have he must download serversoundpack, if have check checksum if is good player can join if not download again.
Next create tables:

TImageObject
ImagePath:String; R
ImageObjectID: int64; R
LayerType: byte; RW
Layer: integer; RW
TimeStart: int64; RW
PosX,PosY,Transparency,Time,StrengthenTime, DisappearanceTime,Rotate,Scale: single; RW
Paint: boolean; RW
Color: longint; RW

TInterfaceObject
ImagePath:String; R
InterfacesObjectID: int64; R
Layer: integer; RW
TimeStart: int64; RW
PosX,PosY,Transparency,Time,StrengthenTime, DisappearanceTime,Rotate,Scale: single; RW
Paint: boolean; RW
Color: longint; RW

Next add new function:
function: AddImage(ImagePath:String; LayerType: byte; Layer: integer; PosX,PosY,Rotate,Scale,Transparency,Time,StrengthenTime,DisappearanceTime: single; TimeStart: int64; Paint: boolean; Color: longint;): TImageObject;
ImagePath - Destination image file.
LayerType - 1 back 2 midle 3 front as in polyworks.
Layer - Image layer.
PosX - Position X map cords.
PosY - Position Y map cords.
Rotate - Rotating angle image.
Scale - Scaling the image size in percent.
Transparency - Transparency 0 to 100 in precent.
Time - 0 to until further notice, >0 image duration.
TimeStart - Frame number if animated image. 0 to start, ignore it if image don`t be animated.
StrengthenTime - Resume effect, the appearance of the image from alpha to color. Is time the duration of this effect. 0 to off.
DisappearanceTime - The effect is analogous to the above, it's all about the disappearance of the image. Is time the duration of this effect. 0 to off.
Paint - Coloring true or false.
Color - If Paint is true next coloring for this color.

And new function InterfaceImage: (Some may know from 1.5.1f however, you can use only selected elements and here you can use all downloaded items)
function: AddInterfaceImage(ImagePath:String; Layer: integer; PosX,PosY,Rotate,Scale,Transparency,Time,StrengthenTime,DisappearanceTime: single; TimeStart: int64; Paint: boolean; Color: longint;): TInterfaceObject;
ImagePath - Destination image file.
Layer - Image layer.
Rotate - Rotating angle image.
Scale - Scaling the image size in percent.
PosX - Position X inteface cords (But, you need to fix scaling to higher resolutions, because as with bigtext on low resolution u see text in right corner but on big resolution u see text on middle)
PosY - Position Y inteface cords (But, you need to fix scaling to higher resolutions, because as with bigtext on low resolution u see text in right corner but on big resolution u see text on middle)
Transparency - Transparency 0 to 100 in precent.
Time - 0 to until further notice, >0 image duration.
TimeStart - Frame number if animated image. 0 to start, ignore it if image don`t be animated.
StrengthenTime - Resume effect, the appearance of the image from alpha to color. Is time the duration of this effect. 0 to off.
DisappearanceTime - The effect is analogous to the above, it's all about the disappearance of the image. Is time the duration of this effect. 0 to off.
Paint - Coloring true or false.
Color - If Paint is true next coloring for this color.

Next add procedure:
procedure: ImageObejctKill(ImageObjectID: int64); This function immediately removes ImageObject.
procedure: InterfacesObejctKill(InterfacesObjectID: int64); This function immediately removes InterfaceObject.

Download Sound Pack
The same system as the imageobject for download soundpack.
First create tables.

TPlaySound
PlayID: int64; R
SoundPath: string; R
PosX,PosY,TimeStart,TimeEnd,Volume,StrengthenTime, DisappearanceTime: single; RW

Next add new function:
function PlaySound(SoundPath: string; PosX,PosY,TimeStart,TimeEnd,Volume,StrengthenTime, DisappearanceTime: single) TPlaySound;
SoundPath - Path to sound (Plese add can mp3 codec no only wav)
PosX - Position X
PosY - Position Y
TimeStart - Start time. 0 is start from the beginning.
TimeEnd - End time. 0 is end at the very end.
Volume - Volume in precent.
StrengthenTime - Sound reinforcement. Duration of reinforcement.
DisappearanceTime - Decrease volume. Duration of decrease volume.

function PlaySoundOverall(SoundPath: string; TimeStart,TimeEnd,Volume,StrengthenTime, DisappearanceTime: single) TPlaySound;
SoundPath - Path to sound (Plese add can mp3 codec no only wav)
TimeStart - Start time. 0 is start from the beginning.
TimeEnd - End time. 0 is end at the very end.
Volume - Volume in precent.
StrengthenTime - Sound reinforcement. Duration of reinforcement.
DisappearanceTime - Decrease volume. Duration of decrease volume.

Next add procedure:
procedure: PlaySoundKill(PlayID: int64); This function immediately removes PlaySound.

Download Custrom Mod
Open Server.ini and
[GAME]
CustromServerMod=Example soldatserverfolder/MeDiabloWeaponsPack/
If server start server create package and and checksum. Files those are default in soldat, they are skipping.
Server Custrom Mod package have in a container "gostek-gfx" "interface-gfx" "objects-gfx" "sfx" "sparks-gfx" "txt" "weapons-gfx".
And analogy as in the above two cases, downloading and checking is performed. But player if server have this option must use downloaded pack. When entering the server, it automatically gets activated.
If server recompile scripts again, check if media data has changed, and if changed create new pack and players must download again. Or create a system that can only replace the files in your package, whose sum control does not match the server.

The checksum so that if a group of servers have the same set of sounds is not to charge separately for each server the same package. Of course, modifying the package will change its checksum.

Change and add in Weapons Mod:
First change:
ModifierHead=
ModifierChest=
ModifierLegs=
Let each of these values, however, will be different although marginally.

Next add:
[Info]
Name=Default mod
Version=1.7.2
HidenWMinServerName=True|False - Lets hide this stubborn thing. In the server name. there is a corresponding tab.

Next add in all weapons:
RecoilPlayer= (How do you shoot with a minigun or a spasm to feel the rejection of the player)
ShootMultiple=(How many missiles should be fired, For example, shotgun shoots 2 bulllets)
ShootVelMax= (
ShootVelMin=      For these shots to be delayed,  shotgun shots are not flying evenly )
ExplodeTime= Some things like grenade or m79 bullet is exploding we can change it plese. See cluster granade explode in air :O Nice effects :) And this good for createbullet explode create :)
Effects= You can create some fun effects example 1 is if bullet hit this creates a small explosion :D

I believe that these few simple steps will create us many new servers and will attract many modscreators:) New servers and mods = new players ;) Because new interesting stuff

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2017, 10:24:27 am »
can someone add this guy as a developer holy shit

Offline Savage

• Soldier
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2017, 11:55:01 am »
#soldat-gameForLeadDev

Offline M[a]nny

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2017, 03:50:35 pm »
I agree with opinion that Soldat needs full support for modes - that can hold the game alive. Anyway, good luck, guys!

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2017, 06:16:26 pm »
Wow it's finally happening. I am suitable excited to relive my childhood.

I agree with opinion that Soldat needs full support for modes - that can hold the game alive. Anyway, good luck, guys!
I'd kill for a repopulated Hexer server.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2017, 11:56:00 pm »
Wow it's finally happening. I am suitable excited to relive my childhood.

I'd kill for a repopulated Hexer server.

If the source scripts for Hexer are available I'd gladly host one. The operative word is "populated" though and that's the real hard part.
There are other worlds than these

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2017, 12:29:06 pm »
https://www.change.org/p/michał-marcinkowski-make-soldat-open-source/u/21540541?utm_medium=email&utm_source=petition_update&utm_campaign=150969&sfmc_tk=AEv1mHc5i%2fZBSfwj5lb6SjAt3WETPYUmN532MjKPlba8UOZFJNbOoUvq4w7eNCSa&j=150969&sfmc_sub=555139056&l=32_HTML&u=28522381&mid=7259882&jb=1
Hey everyone here's my decision.
I wholeheartedly consider this petition and the need for open sourcing Soldat. I've spoken with Shoozza, Helloer and other people outside of the community for input.
I've decided to open source Soldat *after* the Steam release. So we are aiming at the first quarter of 2018.

The main arguments for not doing this now are:
1. The first priority is to get people back to playing the game. This is what the game is for and we need to revive a regular playerbase. This is why we are releasing the game for free on Steam. Anything that might hurt this launch will have to wait.
2. Sadly open source might hurt the game. Simply open sourcing the game DOES NOT guarantee that new developers will come and build something (and we need them when new cheats arrive). The only way to get a higher chance of people getting involved in maintaining Soldat, building official branch/forks and anti-cheat protection systems is... getting more players and more attention. Hence Steam release is priority.
After that open source.
I hope we can all understand my decision and why I am very careful here. Still, anyone is welcome on the dev team and can contribute to the game before the source is open.

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2017, 05:42:06 pm »
Dominikk was MM this whole time, but we were too blind to see D:

Offline CCalp

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
  • calp (SN)
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2017, 06:46:00 am »
Thanks for scheduling this on my birthday :) :3

Offline peemonkey

• Soldier
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2017, 02:48:47 am »
Pine?

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2017, 03:51:06 am »
Pine?

Pine? What?

Good to see you; hope you still have your massive gun collection.
There are other worlds than these