Author Topic: New Dev Team replacing Shoozza  (Read 25819 times)

Offline Michal Marcinkowski

• Creator of Soldat
  • Flagrunner
  • I ain't got time to bleed.
    • Soldat home page
New Dev Team replacing Shoozza
« on: June 04, 2018, 05:36:38 am »
Hello,
We are trying to move quickly now after Shoozza stepping down from the lead dev position (https://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=45167.0).

I assembled a team which will take on the position of continuing Soldat development. Hopefully in a more rapid and exciting pace. The new team is:

Dev leads: helloer + urraka
Creative lead: darDar
Community/PR: nosejj
Project owner/business: MM
Backend/support: furai + jrgp

We are looking for more people so if you want to help, please contact anyone from the core team about it.

helloer will probably announce detailed plans for what's coming. I can just say now, that the Steam release is still number 1 priority.

Thank you Gregor for your time and patience.
Everyone, please be nice. Not only to Shoozza but to everyone involved in the development. Remember that Soldat is a non-profit endeavour and everyone does it in their spare time. So, gratitude is a more proper attitude. Thank you for your cooperation :).

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
Re: New Dev Team replacing Shoozza
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 05:45:04 am »
Good move.

Good luck everyone on the new team!

May you succeed and never run out of willpower!
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 06:16:22 am »
helloer will probably announce detailed plans for what's coming. I can just say now, that the Steam release is still number 1 priority.

Yeah, cool, you literally do the same stupid thing but without Shoozza... How seriously bad you are in marketing and developing to not see that releasing game in this stage without proper preparation of it is shoot in the foot.

Steam release is one-chance event and best if not only chance for Soldat to get to wider user base, with proper advertising you can use that one sentence "Now on Steam!" to bait for old and new players. But if you release game as it is now, with just minor changes to fit it to steam platform you get month of hype and then game will where it was.
Steam is filled with games and even some known brand/names have hard time to gather and keep players and you thing that just by releasing it now you get anything because its "Soldat"? Those old players that you want "bring back to game" will quit after few days when they realize that game is still in the same stage as it was before.

Everyone, please be nice. Not only to Shoozza but to everyone involved in the development.
Hard to not comment on it when you are so good at entertain us with this soup opera. No one is rude here, all we do for most of time is literally comment what you do...

Remember that Soldat is a non-profit endeavour and everyone does it in their spare time. So, gratitude is a more proper attitude. Thank you for your cooperation :).

So stop treating it as a weekend toy project and make a proper game from it, make money from it. There is so many ways to do it, even with keeping game free-to-play that we could write books about it for months. No one from current player would complain about it, hell most of people for past years where ready to support game development by donations.

As for being "gratitude", gratitude for what exactly? Even blind person would see what was happening for past years and how development team failed to prepare game for new times and maintain player base. All we had was nursing old players that didnt want any changes.

As Players who stick with Soldat for years, still playing it, we have right to say what we think, and if its non-profit or not, it doesnt matter. Game is carried and kept alive by players. Without them game like Soldat would be just empty forgotten project that was made by some block who also forgot about it.

Offline Denacke

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Soldier
  • Cake!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 06:29:30 am »
Glad to see a new dev team taking over so quickly. Good luck to the new team!

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 06:44:22 am »
I was pretty dumbfounded upon reading "Creative lead: darDar"

But then someone linked me the urbandictionary's top definition of Creative Lead and it all made sense.

TOP DEFINITION
Creative Lead
Is the pointless, self-made title for a person who claims to be the "creative director" over an entire event or a project. There are six (6) requirements for someone to be a Creative Lead:

1) They must give themselves the title of "Creative Lead" or even "Creative Director."
2) They must have no earthly idea about what they are doing.
3) They must have no concept of what good art, graphic design, videography, photography and web design looks like.
4) They must think that they are "the bomb" at art, graphic design, videography, photography and web design.
5) They must suck at all aspects of art, graphic design, videography, photography and web design.
6) They must be all talk and no show; not doing any work themselves, claiming to inspire others "creatively" and apply "creative" direction.
If all six (6) requirements have been met, then the person in question is in fact, a Creative Lead. The cool thing about dealing with a Creative Lead is that they do no actual work, but they think they still think that they are awesome. So its really cool working with them. You'll have a great time.
"Hey guys, Sarah here. I'll be the Creative Lead for this project, so you can pretty much just look to me for all of your creative direction and I'll tell you what needs to be done. Don't do anything without going through me first. I know exactly what needs to be done and I'll tell you how to do it. If you don't go through me, then this won't have the Creative Direction that it so desperately needs"

"What does Daniel even do as Creative Lead?"

"Oh thats really awesome, Craig, that you're our Creative Lead and all. Who came up with that title?"

"Jo does such a great job as our Creative Lead. I never have to worry about the quality of this project at all!"

"Sam said that he's the Creative Lead for this school-sponsered event. What the hell does that even mean?"

Offline koooka

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 08:15:16 am »
Good luck guys :)

Offline Ygrek Starmagedon

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 08:42:47 am »
Plz don't f*ck it up, this is only and last chance..
Good luck! :)

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2018, 09:27:03 am »
When source?

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2018, 10:16:31 am »
k
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2018, 10:16:38 am »
I just hope the new devs know the importance of this "one-chance event" (Akinaro's words) and focus on the important stuff.
There's no reason to criticize Shoozza's work anymore, but we've seen so much waste of time and work along these years. Please, do something different.
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline Raged`

• Major(1)
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2018, 11:20:22 am »

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2018, 12:06:48 pm »
Congrats to the new team - you guys are great - and long live Soldat. Thanks to Shoozza for many years of contributions.

Akinaro, I think we should be positive here as this is helloer's chance to shine and get shit done, which I think is what you've wanted for a long time.
There are other worlds than these

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2018, 12:07:06 pm »
Fix bugs if player join to game (from selected join to spec) script core rages.
First join to game
Next leave game
next join to team
next join to game
LOOL

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2018, 12:08:59 pm »

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
broke down the weapon mod, why do those who spoil the game, advance?

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2018, 01:13:41 pm »
All I can say is I hope Soldat will be great again. And that I hope that people will dial it down with the negativity, but mainly the former. Good luck! :>

edit: I start gathering ideas for PR. If anyone has suggestions/ideas for me for platforms or generally, feel free to contact me with serious inquires via Discord (nosejj#3526).
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 01:26:18 pm by nosejj »

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2018, 05:18:40 am »
Whatever progress you guys make won't be forgotten, each development step is much better than standing still. Keeping my fingers crossed this change will breathe some new life into the whole development process, hopefully helloer wont get frustraded with the amount of work ahead of him :)

Im chill like that

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2018, 10:00:37 am »
Im all the way behind Helloer. He have nice balance of being a dick and being a nice dick :P

As far as he will share with us about even small things, ideas and make schedule/todo public It will bring hope to lots of people. Soldat is not AAA game, it have probably 100 users now, so keeping community informed that even small things happen is "must have". Boring stuff or not, it show us that there is progress. There is no point of doing some hidden big releases: keep it simple, keep it open.

It seriously dont cost much time to post literally one-two sentences once per week, you dont need separate topic, just make one, close it, and post there anything when there is something going on. Also dont piss on community, we are also dicks but for most of time we make fun of stuff that devs/MM do, it not our fault that its hilarious soap opera -_- Dont be afraid to ask for suggestions or small stuff, just like with maps and graphic, all what you need is post specific task to do, explanation/examples and just see if someone can do it. Its not most fastest thing especially now when there is not much people, but its better to ask if it would not be made by team anyway. If few people do it, choose best and move on.

But Honestly I would rather give him few months to work on well thought project that rush stupid steam release just to pleasure MM... Because this is fact, this steam release is rushed and have no sense at all.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 10:02:23 am by Akinaro »

Offline Raged`

• Major(1)
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2018, 10:44:35 am »
Check this:
https://postimg.cc/image/d2fut4747/

I think after all these years, Soldat deserved to be acted as a product.

Offline CCalp

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
  • calp (SN)
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2018, 04:14:45 pm »
Happy to see you're still moving. As someone who barely finds time to just have a look into these forums, I can say that I highly appreciate everyone who invests time and effort to keep my all-time favourite computer game alive. Thank you so much and good luck succeeding with this important mission!

<3

Offline Ox*r0x

• Major(1)
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2018, 07:49:33 pm »
what happened to 1.8 and Falcon ?

... those graphics were amazing... that with Steam and a decent Anti-Cheat, could bring something new to the game...