Author Topic: My Opinions about future of Soldat  (Read 10065 times)

Offline Raged`

• Major(1)
My Opinions about future of Soldat
« on: June 04, 2018, 03:30:48 pm »
1- darDar needs to go.He is not capable of anything,  i will never understand why someone put him in the charge at the first place anyways
2- We need to make a proper WM, for that we need to make a WM team which includes well known professionel players.It shouldnt be in one persons hand.
3- ANTI-CHEAT
4- Soldat requires really high skill to be good.If we want to keep new players in the game, we should make a proper Matchmaking system or good intro when they enter the game or we can make the game easy a little bit.
5- Developpers must make a good realitionship with their community.They shouldn't hide behind the walls and always communicate with their community.
6- ADVERTISEMENT.This is also so important.We need a good advertisement before the steam release, we can check or find if we have a streamers in our community to play and stream the game for create some hype in players or we can also help creating topics in some websites about soldat.I believe everyone willing to help about this one.
7- For my opinion Soldat should be free to play but, jetpacks, interfaces and even some skins ( cosmetics ) should be in the steam market.It could be some small amount of income for the developpers which they deserve it.

Thats all for now

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
Re: My Opinions about future of Soldat
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 03:05:21 am »
1. Check: https://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=45168.msg531660#msg531660

2. This is not a priority, there will be always WM wars, every game have that. New player dont care about that at all.

3. True we need it...

4. Lol, no it dont need high skills to have fun, but guess what? Every game need that... Any new player will have fun and joy from even double kill. By doing any stupid intros/tutorials you have bigger chances to scare way everyone because they will think that game is complicated. Soldat is not complicated, its hard as any other multiplayer game, after day or two you start getting used to it, and then is just practice. If someone need tutorial he have singleplayer with bots.

5. True, Soldat development is big clusterfuck. I have no idea why devs treat it as some AAA game that any leak of work could destroy whole game. Like seriously only think that keep soldat together right now are players that still play it, devs should put everything on public: schedule, plans, ideas. Community is toxic toward them because they treat us as morons, put your plans on the table see reaction, ask for help, ask for suggestions. Its simple as that, but I would hurry up, because less and less people care about Soldat because devs dont give a damn about game and communication with players.

6. Looking at devs you can forgot about it, especially when you see how MM him self treat Soldat. I think no one from team have slightly idea how advertising game work... No one treat Soldat as product, as game, so all we gonna have is High School weekend-project advertising type, you can literally expect posters made with magazine cutouts and pencil-colored titles on cardstock :]

7. I was writing about it for past year, dont bother. MM dont want or dont know that you can actually make money from Soldat keeping game free. But it need some investment. You need to spend some resources and time to prepare game to implement features like that.
As for money for actual developers, forget about it, MM dont pay them and even when game was still getting money from registrations. They work for free, to pay them you need to make contract with them, this is real work, and I dont think that anyone from current devs are able to do it/want it. + as I said no one treat Soldat as proper game, product. There is no real team behind it, just few random blocks that where players before that.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 03:07:21 am by Akinaro »

Offline Raged`

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 04:04:20 am »
1. Check: https://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=45168.msg531660#msg531660

2. This is not a priority, there will be always WM wars, every game have that. New player dont care about that at all.

3. True we need it...

4. Lol, no it dont need high skills to have fun, but guess what? Every game need that... Any new player will have fun and joy from even double kill. By doing any stupid intros/tutorials you have bigger chances to scare way everyone because they will think that game is complicated. Soldat is not complicated, its hard as any other multiplayer game, after day or two you start getting used to it, and then is just practice. If someone need tutorial he have singleplayer with bots.

5. True, Soldat development is big clusterfuck. I have no idea why devs treat it as some AAA game that any leak of work could destroy whole game. Like seriously only think that keep soldat together right now are players that still play it, devs should put everything on public: schedule, plans, ideas. Community is toxic toward them because they treat us as morons, put your plans on the table see reaction, ask for help, ask for suggestions. Its simple as that, but I would hurry up, because less and less people care about Soldat because devs dont give a damn about game and communication with players.

6. Looking at devs you can forgot about it, especially when you see how MM him self treat Soldat. I think no one from team have slightly idea how advertising game work... No one treat Soldat as product, as game, so all we gonna have is High School weekend-project advertising type, you can literally expect posters made with magazine cutouts and pencil-colored titles on cardstock :]

7. I was writing about it for past year, dont bother. MM dont want or dont know that you can actually make money from Soldat keeping game free. But it need some investment. You need to spend some resources and time to prepare game to implement features like that.
As for money for actual developers, forget about it, MM dont pay them and even when game was still getting money from registrations. They work for free, to pay them you need to make contract with them, this is real work, and I dont think that anyone from current devs are able to do it/want it. + as I said no one treat Soldat as proper game, product. There is no real team behind it, just few random blocks that where players before that.

"4" is necessary for my opinion.There is literally no newbie players in public or gather.They would get rekt and leave the game immediately.If they choose to play with their friends i dont know but otherwise we should make the balance somehow.

Offline vinteek

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 08:42:23 am »
1- darDar needs to go.He is not capable of anything,  i will never understand why someone put him in the charge at the first place anyways
2- We need to make a proper WM, for that we need to make a WM team which includes well known professionel players.It shouldnt be in one persons hand.
3- ANTI-CHEAT
4- Soldat requires really high skill to be good.If we want to keep new players in the game, we should make a proper Matchmaking system or good intro when they enter the game or we can make the game easy a little bit.
5- Developpers must make a good realitionship with their community.They shouldn't hide behind the walls and always communicate with their community.
6- ADVERTISEMENT.This is also so important.We need a good advertisement before the steam release, we can check or find if we have a streamers in our community to play and stream the game for create some hype in players or we can also help creating topics in some websites about soldat.I believe everyone willing to help about this one.
7- For my opinion Soldat should be free to play but, jetpacks, interfaces and even some skins ( cosmetics ) should be in the steam market.It could be some small amount of income for the developpers which they deserve it.

Thats all for now

1. Yes.
2. You can't please everyone but current WM isnt balanced. HK is butchering at close range, it's too deadly at long and semi ranges. AK is useless in CQC and bullet spread is preventing it from being as deadly as it should have been. Steyr is still lazer gun but even Steyr has to bow his head for HK at close range. Spas is broken, half of the bullets do not register and you sometimes end up hitting player from close range and dealing him 0 dmg and sometimes you can slay someone from long range with 3 shots. I've never been beast when it came to using spas but I'm not the only one who noticed it's no longer working as it should. Ruger seems to be OP, try facing entire team of people who can hit majority of their shots. Barret has tendency to pass his bink for secondary weapon which is annoying as fuck and hasnt been repaired for a long time now. Minimi is fine though. WM needs to be more balanced so each weapons stands a chance againt each other. But it's not a priority.
3. Yes. It's the second thing that should be done.
4. Matchmaking wont happen, it would require tremendous amount of work to code and game would have to categorize players skills and Soldat isnt like CS, you can be really really good and be mvp without having most kills per game. It would be great to have matchmaking system instead of gathers but as I said, wont happen.
5. I'd say our new developers are exactly like that, they are with us on Soldat Official channel not like their predecessor who used to hide at some channel so he wont have to bother about community.
6. In order for a game to be succesfull it need to have good content, which Soldat is tragically lacking when you look at this objectively. So even if we gather some amount of money or we advertise the game using all means neccesarry it wont be enough.
7. Yes, game needs to earn money but the main problem here is that if they ever decide to make it purchaseable the money will go directly for MM, and I dont know about you raged but I highly doubt that you'd be happy with that solution if it were you to do all the work.

Something that hasnt been mentioned in here but i believe its number one priority and its the main reason a lot of people left the game. EATS. Please, since Soldat upgraded to HD the eats are unbareable. Some players are so aware of their eating that they intentinally walk over/fly into nades because they know they wont die and they;ll rather get boosted. It is really next level annoying when you see someone getting boosted out of 3 nades and capping with 30% hp left.

Offline Raged`

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 09:21:54 am »
3- ANTI-CHEAT

Thats all for now

1. Yes.
2. You can't please everyone but current WM isnt balanced. HK is butchering at close range, it's too deadly at long and semi ranges. AK is useless in CQC and bullet spread is preventing it from being as deadly as it should have been. Steyr is still lazer gun but even Steyr has to bow his head for HK at close range. Spas is broken, half of the bullets do not register and you sometimes end up hitting player from close range and dealing him 0 dmg and sometimes you can slay someone from long range with 3 shots. I've never been beast when it came to using spas but I'm not the only one who noticed it's no longer working as it should. Ruger seems to be OP, try facing entire team of people who can hit majority of their shots. Barret has tendency to pass his bink for secondary weapon which is annoying as fuck and hasnt been repaired for a long time now. Minimi is fine though. WM needs to be more balanced so each weapons stands a chance againt each other. But it's not a priority.
3. Yes. It's the second thing that should be done.
4. Matchmaking wont happen, it would require tremendous amount of work to code and game would have to categorize players skills and Soldat isnt like CS, you can be really really good and be mvp without having most kills per game. It would be great to have matchmaking system instead of gathers but as I said, wont happen.
5. I'd say our new developers are exactly like that, they are with us on Soldat Official channel not like their predecessor who used to hide at some channel so he wont have to bother about community.
6. In order for a game to be succesfull it need to have good content, which Soldat is tragically lacking when you look at this objectively. So even if we gather some amount of money or we advertise the game using all means neccesarry it wont be enough.
7. Yes, game needs to earn money but the main problem here is that if they ever decide to make it purchaseable the money will go directly for MM, and I dont know about you raged but I highly doubt that you'd be happy with that solution if it were you to do all the work.

Something that hasnt been mentioned in here but i believe its number one priority and its the main reason a lot of people left the game. EATS. Please, since Soldat upgraded to HD the eats are unbareable. Some players are so aware of their eating that they intentinally walk over/fly into nades because they know they wont die and they;ll rather get boosted. It is really next level annoying when you see someone getting boosted out of 3 nades and capping with 30% hp left.

Yeah sorry, i've forget about EATING.I play soldat few times in a month in the public and EATING is serious problem there.I know it was here since the game was created but its in his worst sitution right now.
I dont know what causes this but it needs to get fixed asap.Probably potato netcode.Thanks for sharing your thoughts man.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 02:25:01 am »
Why all the hate towards darDar? He spearheaded the effort for the modern soldat gather we have and that alone should warrant his credibility.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 03:54:24 am »
I personally dont have anything toward him, but lest be honest here, even if ""Creative lead"" its just dump self-made up title as Bistoufly said, if we talk here about person who job is to move project and be responsible of "creative and art directions" of it, this job need some experience in that, some knowledge about graphic and limitations of it in project. Honestly I always say to everyone that this job in project is not for one person, especially when we talk here about game, creative and art director should be constant brain storm of two-three people and rest of the team.

Im not gonna comment about DarDar contribution in gather/discord and huge amount of complains toward him, for me its just soup opera just like Soldat development, but behind every negative comment there is some truth, and if majority of people dont accept this decision devs and MM should consider to "smooth mood of community" and thing about creating proper and more thoughtful team and strategy for project.
As I said, Soldat is keept together just by this leftovers of its community, probably less than 100-90 people, where maybe 50 are active. So you need to decide: you doing this game for yourself or for players? If for yourself, close this forum, piss on users and do what you like. If you do this for players, new and old, start taking in to the account users opinions.

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 09:52:40 am »
The gang is attacking my posts again :)
I wrote that statistics should not be used, from a false and private gather mode. To create your vision of soldat.
Only real ones that the previous speaker has also shown. and also be deleted :)))

Offline CCalp

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
  • calp (SN)
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2018, 04:04:28 pm »
Make love not war, my beloved brothers and sisters!

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2018, 04:46:11 pm »
The gang is attacking my posts again :)
I wrote that statistics should not be used, from a false and private gather mode. To create your vision of soldat.
Only real ones that the previous speaker has also shown. and also be deleted :)))

please read the forum rules and make sure to not derail threads with random off-topic stuff.

No one is trying to "fake activity" with those local(?) servers that you've posted in your screenshot.
In fact, I have no idea what that is or what you want to tell us with your post.

Please open a new topic for further discussions on that subject or send a PM, thanks.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Name

• Soldier
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2018, 12:28:16 pm »
I think Soldat should remove normal mode and focus on Realistic. It makes no sense to have such a large portion of the player base focused on a game mode which essentially is about one weapon only; the Barret.

Edit:
I just thought of Climb. Those maps need Normal mode but I still think it's a strange decision to have the most absurd and obscure weapon balance and call that "Normal". It needs a switch in priority.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 12:42:54 pm by Name »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2018, 11:54:46 pm »
I think Soldat should remove normal mode and focus on Realistic. It makes no sense to have such a large portion of the player base focused on a game mode which essentially is about one weapon only; the Barret.

I think that will alienate a lot of people. I'm not a great player and whenever I play real mode the crazy recoil and lack of vision ruins it for me.

Offline Name

• Soldier
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2018, 11:27:35 am »
At least I think priorities should be switched around. It's not "normal" generally in the games industry to have a weapon balance where you can take almost a full clip before you die. Nor is it normal to fall from the skies and land safely. If you look around I think you'll find that most autos will kill you within a few shots, if you were to establish a point of "norm". Especially headshots.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 11:35:16 am by Name »

Offline Ygrek Starmagedon

• Soldier
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2018, 01:38:06 pm »
Name... It seems you hadn't realised yet that Soldat isn't normal game. XD Still, servers with realistic weapon mods (without realistic mode on, so that you can see normally) would be nice idea. Maybe devs should enable that you can choose in realistic whether you like to have normal way of seeing players or fall dmg or weapon mod or other stuff (if there is smth I didn't mention) without needing to switch everything on at once.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 01:44:38 pm by Ygrek Starmagedon »

Offline Name

• Soldier
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2018, 04:19:46 pm »
There is nothing normal about seeing through walls.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2018, 07:06:03 pm »

The players in Soldat were never confirmed to be human. They may potentially be an alien race that supports seeing through walls as well as landing on their "feet" from high altitudes unscathed, and enabling realistic mode just makes them appear human.

• Soldier
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2018, 11:20:17 am »

The players in Soldat were never confirmed to be human. They may potentially be an alien race that supports seeing through walls as well as landing on their "feet" from high altitudes unscathed, and enabling realistic mode just makes them appear human.

We actually don't even play on Earth, because gosteks can jump like 3 times higher than their own height! ;d Terminators & Predators everywhere.. and don't forget bout John Rambo xdf
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 11:22:01 am by Ygrek Starmagedon »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2018, 05:10:53 pm »
We actually don't even play on Earth, because gosteks can jump like 3 times higher than their own height! ;d Terminators & Predators everywhere.. and don't forget bout John Rambo xdf

Yeah, not even to mention the Zombies and Boogie Men :)

• Soldier
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2018, 03:52:51 am »
Btw. making flips in midair in Soldat isn't so much against the physics, ;d because your rocket boots lit when you do them, it's only against the physics when there's no jets on map XD

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2018, 08:53:08 am »
I love this comment xD Still, we need this newfag mode so new players don't quit immediately after few deaths due to falling from height, being unable to deal with recoil etc.