Author Topic: Warhammer 40k Series: New Project  (Read 5393 times)

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
Warhammer 40k Series: New Project
« on: June 19, 2006, 06:56:13 am »
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen!
After the recent release of my Warhammer 40k weapon mod collection, i also opened a poll to deturmine what the people of Soldat wish to be added to this series.

I am happy to announce that the poll has shown that the next mod to be created to the Warhammer 40k Series is the Eldar!

This mod will be designed to fit the look and feel of the Eldar weaponry used in the tabletop game as well as various computer games.

Work is now underway and will hopefully be completed soon! Once it has been completed there will be another announcement here and it shall be published under the 'Full Modicfications section'

Once again my gratitude and thanks for support given in the production of these mods and i hope to continue to spread this new and exciting genre to all Soldat Gamers!

Deadeye Rob

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
Re: Warhammer 40k Series: New Project
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 09:35:25 am »
Good luck, soldier!

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 11:31:51 am »
This new race will be relased as part of a major overhaul of the current Warhammer 40k series.

The new version will include,

An easy to use interface to allow users to pick-and-choose different weapons from all featured races, giving the user more freedom to have combinations.

Gosteks of each race, Meaning that a user can select from the interface what race he/she would like each team to look like. It can be set so that team Alphas gosteks will be different from team Bravos. This will enable a proper battle
(Space Marines Vs Tau! woo!)

All weapons currently involved in the series will be re-textured, re-vamped, re-sounded and basicly improved for a better feel. This means that the weapons will have a much more visual appeal and less of the original cartoon-style design.

There will be more features to add shortly once again my gratitude to every Warhammer 40k fan who has shown an interrest and we hope that you will look forward to this Mods realease.

WARHAMMER 40K CREW

Offline PapaSurf

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 11:53:17 am »
Ooh, this sounds good.  Now that I'm out of school, I'll have more time for soldat.  If you need/want andy help, Pm me.
Check out my new shamelessly self promoted mod HERE

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 02:40:43 pm »
best if luck..i love warhammer

Offline Anubis

• Camper
  • The End is Near
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 03:45:52 pm »
Hey Deadeye whos doin the gostek?

And what happen to your ork project?

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 05:35:56 am »
The ork project got scrapped because of little interrest, i opened a poll to see which one would be more popular and Eldar won it next to chaos.

So Eldar is being produced instead!

Offline Didimow

• Soldier
  • 4x4s Suck
    • endless forest
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 03:08:56 pm »
be sure to mod the weapons.ini

Offline Ghost

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 09:19:50 am »
I hope you do full modification to guns.
In mods we trust

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 12:52:29 pm »
I hope luck to you Deadye ;)

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006, 04:14:08 am »
Here we go lads we have a very important update!

Currently we are finishing up the final touches to the mod, this means eapon textures and appearances, and the Eldar Gostek!

To overview, the project will include:

The 40k mod will include a basic menu displaying each weapon used in the soldat game.
Players will be able to select weapons from a multitue of races..
(Necron, Tau, Imperial Guard, Space Marine and Eldar.)

The menu will also allow users to change gostek appearances on a team basis, For example
(Tau Gosteks for Bravo team VS Eldar Gosteks for Alpha team)

There should be an option to edit, change weapons ini and capabillities, giving the plyers more 'freedom' in there weapons.

Unfortunatley we are unable to publish maps with the mod, but we have been bombarded with PMs from users who are interrested in creating 40k themed maps at a later date!

Folowing player sugestions from our previous mods, we are imcluding only the most popular weapon designs in the new mod. We will give you further details at a later date!

Cheers for your support!!

Warhammer 40K Crew

Offline Lt. Frost

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2006, 08:07:09 pm »
Well, I hope you're considering adding orks later, I think you should, theyre easily the coolest 40k Race ever, heh.

Offline Chaosrain112

• Major(1)
  • Buster Sword Nut & Novice Weapon/Map Maker
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2006, 12:41:50 am »
I agree, this mod needs some WAAAAGH! in it. :P