Poll

And now, after all of u whine, do u REALY think we realy should have another weapon ballance?

Yes, absolutly, all the guns are not equal and it's not fair :X
No, this ballance is just fine or very close to it, shouldn't be changed.
hmm the ballace is almost perfect, just some tinny changes
I hate all the guns, kill them all!!

Author Topic: Do you REALY think we should have another weapon ballance now? :o  (Read 7481 times)

Offline Bugs Revenge

• Camper
Well, I guess you got it,
I see so many people whine here about the weapon ballace, is it that bad?
do you realy think it should be changed?
"Don't fix something that works fine :X "
I don't think so anyway, I think the weapon mod we have now is just perfect, maybe some more ways to avoid spraying and that's it. :-\
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 10:25:13 am by Bugs Revenge »

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
I'm with you, and I'm not really sure why they kept the weapon balance section.  MM probably doesn't give a horse's ass what we think about his balancing job.

Offline Bugs Revenge

• Camper
At least while u say it's not fair say why  :-\

krasnal

Re: Do you REALY think we should have another weapon ballance now? :o
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 02:55:56 pm »
barret was destroyed (plz remove bink OR delay); its unplayable on clan wars vs m79
rest ~OK (maybe stronger DE)

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 03:03:51 pm »
Spraying needs to be weakened, and M79 needs to be tweaked so it won't be over-whored.

Offline Replica

• Major
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 03:34:32 pm »
I'd rather stick with what we have now... a few underpowered weapons (deagles), a few overpowered in a few situations, but overall it's very playable, and unless the next official weapon mod version is somehow more fun to play with overall (which I don't see happening, from what I've heard the current ideas are), I'd really prefer to just stick with what we currently have. 

In wars the only weapons I don't see used often are the deagles, minigun and chainsaw... 

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 03:58:57 pm »
no, it's been way too soon since the release of 1.3.1.

I have only just gotten used to the current weapon settings.

Don't do it again for another year...
There are other worlds than these

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 04:55:16 pm »
i just used this place to post about balancing modded weapons, too >.>

as for the original ones, i think they're fine but i haven't used them in a while XD
I AM A SMARTARSED PRICK OF A HUMAN BEING

I AM ALSO DOUCHEBAGGERY, AND I'M SPREADING

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 07:25:26 pm »
I think steyr and mini need tweeking but other than that its good.

Offline kalatix

• Major(1)
  • Game nick = Sirge
    • Cape Cod House of Praise
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 07:31:29 pm »
As has been stated before, the beta crew that does the weapon tweaks wanted to get a head start. So that's why this section of the forums is here. and, people will always want to tweak the weapons, since everyone has a different style of playing. So the threads about weapon developement are definitely necessary.

And MM does care about this, or he wouldn't have put it in the forums. And he wouldn't have made the game in the first place. So I think it's wrong to say that he doesn't care.
Soon i will be done with the troubles of this world.
Just take this whole world, and give me Jesus.

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 08:03:25 pm »
Spraying needs to be weakened, and M79 needs to be tweaked so it won't be over-****d.

Specifically what kind of spraying do you mean and how do you propose to make that spraying more balanced without making the autos weaker as a whole?

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Rooster

• Major(1)
    • The Australian soldat community.
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 10:39:22 pm »
Make MM disapate bullets after a screens distance. Problem solved forever.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2006, 10:49:55 pm »
Spraying needs to be weakened, and M79 needs to be tweaked so it won't be over-****d.
Agreed with the m79 part. However. Specifically what kind of spraying? Do you mean just blind firing at someone by holding down the mouse button and hoping the bullets hit? Or do you mean shots that are fired from off-screen and hit someone from luck? I assure you that although autos can spray sometimes, not all auto users are sprayers. Just reading the word makes me squirm. >.<

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2006, 12:42:28 am »
Barret is now perfect. Spraying could be tweaked but I'm fine if it isn't. The M79, however, has needed nerfing even before the Barret was nerfed...

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2006, 12:52:33 am »

Spraying already got one nerfing, didn't that make you guys happy enough?   :P

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2006, 01:34:43 am »
I highly doubt the beta testers get anything worthy from these forums since everyone is so biased in thier own favour. Sprayers will say dont nerf spray its fine, m79 users will say m79 is underpowered, ruger people will say ruger is weak, you get the point.

I think its pretty fair to assume that the next weapon version will be a reflection of Skoskav's view, not really the communities. Even if he cared about listening to the community, nothing useful will be gained from listening to it. Very few are willing to admit the tactic or weapon they use is overpowered.. and at hte end of the day, this is the primary reason the balance will never be fixed in soldat. People are more concerned with thier own performance (which may be diminished if thier tactic is weakened) rather than being concerned with the game in general.

How exactly do you make a change when half the people say weapon A is overpowered while the other half say its underpowered. I think the best solution rather than discussing this stuff on these forums is extremely extensive testing in leagues and public servers, but due to the small size of the community, that would be impossible as well.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 01:36:23 am by Poop »
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2006, 03:07:26 am »
I think the balance right now is the best I've ever seen it. Perhaps the Ruger and the Minigun could be a tad more powerful and maybe the Socom just a bit less, but besides that, leave it. It ain't broken, so there's no point in fixing it.

5th_account

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2006, 06:22:16 am »
I think its pretty fair to assume that the next weapon version will be a reflection of Skoskav's view, not really the communities. Even if he cared about listening to the community, nothing useful will be gained from listening to it. Very few are willing to admit the tactic or weapon they use is overpowered.. and at hte end of the day, this is the primary reason the balance will never be fixed in soldat. People are more concerned with thier own performance (which may be diminished if thier tactic is weakened) rather than being concerned with the game in general.

Exactly! So far only Bug's thread has been related to my balance. The rest concerns 1.3.1 or Demo's old balances, but the thing is that I'm already aware of all problems and possible solutions that's been brought up. Therefore I base my tweaks on my friends' and my own experiances on the gather server. My main selection is deagles and spas, so of course I wouldn't want to risk them being underpowered, but I still try to be as unbaised as possible. I do listen to the community though, yet I know that the general opinion isn't always the right one. I know the socom is a bit overpowered. I know that delay on M79 isn't a good solution. I know that 1.3.1's balance isn't perfect enough to remain unchanged.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 06:33:53 am by 5th_account »

Offline kalatix

• Major(1)
  • Game nick = Sirge
    • Cape Cod House of Praise
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2006, 11:20:12 am »

Therefore I base my tweaks on my friends' and my own experiances on the gather server. My main selection is deagles and spas, so of course I wouldn't want to risk them being underpowered, but I still try to be as unbaised as possible. I do listen to the community though, yet I know that the general opinion isn't always the right one.

We have a winner! :) This is the way we should start considering how to change the balance. Not to upgrade the weapons we like so that we will be better, but to actually look at the weapons overall, not relating them to yourself. If you hate being killed by a weapon, don't say it's overpowered, just deal with it. (personally, I hate being killed by the barret, but it's a balanced weapon.)
Soon i will be done with the troubles of this world.
Just take this whole world, and give me Jesus.

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2006, 12:45:32 pm »
>_>

So, either we go with Skoskav's mod, or Michal implements something very nifty and sexy, which will make the current mod just as perfect.