Author Topic: What is your favorite book?  (Read 6852 times)

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
Re: What is your favorite book?
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2008, 06:14:29 pm »
reading is some kind of a must-do in order to become intelligent.

[sarcasm]
You mean an organized collection of thoughts, ideas and knowledge would help one learn more?
[/sarcasm]

It sure as hell helps.

Although A Brief History of Time is also fecking excellent.

I did not get too far through that. But the parts I understood where quite interesting.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2008, 07:17:03 pm »
"Red Badge of Courage" by Stephen Crane, is also a really great book, can't believe i forgot this one.
this is true story about Civil War, and the author did a really good job on imagery
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Slashnoob

• Major
  • only users lose drugs
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2008, 07:22:16 pm »
Larger lexicon is not equivalent to smarter-than. A computer stores more data than my brain could ever hope to hold but dammit, I'm a yo-mamaload smarter than the computer because I tell it what to do. Also, I'm totally willing to bet that if you compare the number of book readers that are smarter than you versus the number of book-readers who are dumber than you, the 'smarter-than' category greatly outnumbers the 'dumber-than.'
yeah, totally. and i suppose you base that upon the proven fact that book readers are genetically smarter than the average person a.k.a people that don't read.

you may tell your computer what to do, but you only tell it to do *simple* tasks. i have no means to expand on that because the whole arguement of who's smarter - humans or machines cannot be relevant.
plus it's damn late and i'm dizzy.

D'oh! Fail!

Better luck next time -- and try not to fall victim to foot-in-mouth.
way to go. not only you've failed to realise i was KIDDING (a hardcore MK fan such as moi will remember Shang Tsung's name properly), you also thought i'm trying to sound intelligent by that remark? lmfao.
altho, i have no damned idea who Chaung Tzu is, i'll give you that atleast.
but if you think that not knowing who the dude is equals "failing", you really gotta get out more often.

i've got no problem with books/book readers whatsoever. same deal i've got with gay people actually. i don't mind them, just don't bring your shiz near me.
(Espadon, relax, i'm comparing gay people and book readers as a joke)
the thing that gets me ticked is morons that think that the way to become an intelligent human being depends on reading books. solely.

in my opinion, and it's not much considering my utterly little care and interest for the subject, books can expand your imagination, enlarge your vocabulary and contribute to your reading/comprehending skills. but other than that, nope.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 07:34:04 pm by Slashnoob »
Former SuperKill

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2008, 05:20:48 am »
I'm actually reading 3 books right now.
  • Narnia (English version by i don't know who)
  • Star warped (parody of the whole Starwars series) allmost done
  • Dildo (Parody of Bilbo same author)
They're all great books :)
Theres only one book i haven't been manage to read. Some kinda of philosophical book Bach, someone and someone.

Edit:Il try finding the book and its name.
And Slashnoob please start whit capital letter's write like this:Hi
Not like this:hi
Annoys the crap out of me.
And i feel i have a duty to inform people about they'r silly misstakes.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 11:26:23 am by M.rSnow »
Lapis: You need a vacation or a bullet though the head both works just fine by me.

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2008, 05:40:46 am »
lol "i can barely speak english but plzzzz to be using whit capital letter's"

and uh to pretend to be on topic i guess reading this Albert Speer biography kinda counts, so yeah, i'm reading that, it's pretty interesting

Offline arC

• Major(1)
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2008, 05:43:56 am »
Godfire duology by Tim Waggoner

Not well known, but if you're into medieval fantasy, definitely worth it.

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2008, 06:05:02 am »
I've read few actual books aside from the Hitchhikers saga by Douglas Adams. I've been thinking lately that I need to go through them again, especially since I bought the lot of them in one big fat volume a while back, and there's actually a 5th book that I haven't yet read...

Offline Slashnoob

• Major
  • only users lose drugs
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2008, 06:54:09 am »

don't read; don't get annoyed; problem solved.
Former SuperKill

Offline Kerrazyeye

• Soldier
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2008, 07:56:24 am »
Reeding is for dumbs. Nah....I barely read at all....last book I liked was "A kingdom By the Sea", some 200 page or so grade 8 novel.  It was good though, about a kid who survives on his own after his house is bombed by the luftwaffe. And then "The Hobbit" before that.

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2008, 08:11:32 am »
Why didn't anyone say "her facebook" or something like that yet...

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2008, 08:18:25 am »
don't read; don't get annoyed; problem solved.
Wow your smarter than i thought. But i don't think theres any ignore option for posts here in the forums. Know theres one for Pm's but i might suggest this. :)

Edit: Damnit! Allready suggested and didn't get support. Sadly Slashnoob the only option is to start using capital letters :-\
Might actually give you a D in English

Reeding is for dumbs. Nah....I barely read at all....last book I liked was "A kingdom By the Sea", some 200 page or so grade 8 novel.  It was good though, about a kid who survives on his own after his house is bombed by the luftwaffe. And then "The Hobbit" before that.
You ever read a good book? Douglas Addams is just great. Got a audiobook as a gift from some aunt whit "Dirk gently holistic detective agency" In English.
Great, just simply great.
And Reading is spelled whit A. :P
You uneducated brat..
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 08:27:27 am by M.rSnow »
Lapis: You need a vacation or a bullet though the head both works just fine by me.

Offline Slashnoob

• Major
  • only users lose drugs
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2008, 08:28:52 am »
Wow your smarter than i thought. But i don't think theres any ignore option for posts here in the forums. Know theres one for Pm's but i might suggest this. :)
look, i wasn't even talking to you untill you addressed me, my posts mean nothing towards you, and i doubt i'd like to start a conversation with you. in all honesty i can't see the reason why it should be difficult enough for you to ignore my posts aslong as they are not addressed at you.

Edit: Damnit! Allready suggested and didn't get support. Sadly Slashnoob the only option is to start using capital letters :-\
sadly enough, it won't happen.

And Reading[/u] is spelled whit A
You uneducated brat..
HELP, drowning in the irony.
should i be the one telling you how to spell simple words such as WITH? :)

tip - learn ATLEAST some simple grade A spelling before you go critic on people's english.
...(and no, saying you already knew how to spell with will not work now)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 08:35:25 am by Slashnoob »
Former SuperKill

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2008, 08:34:08 am »
<-- D student in english. yeah. it's not that bad and i still manage to be completely literate

btw if you would please to be using apostrophes in correct place's that would be good, it annoy's me. maybe you might get a D in english some day

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2008, 10:14:24 am »
various bitching

Learn to spell before you join the ranks of Grammar Nazis. Wow, you know how to capitalize. Great. Now learn how to form a coherent sentence before nitpicking to make a point. (Because it's pretty obvious you wouldn't have started to point out mistakes nearly everyone on the forum makes if Slashnoob hadn't mentioned he didn't read books.)
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline The Trooper [GN`R]

• Soldier
  • Chinese Democracy Starts Now
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2008, 10:46:42 am »
seems like we`ve got some smart guys here
they are able to beat someone
oh and that annoys me  ::)
and you`ve got to spell it like this
I`m so tough
in this topic
Slashnoob got you all

Slashnoob! You Are Cool

So if you`re are a really freaky guy then I would present you
William S. Burroughs` Naked Lunch

and my favorite book was written by Buddy Giovinazzo
it`s called Potsdamer Platz
Tony Scott (True Romance) will film this book
Image removed; please read forum rules regarding signature size.

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2008, 11:24:16 am »
various twating

Learn to spell before you join the ranks of Grammar Nazis. Wow, you know how to capitalize. Great. Now learn how to form a coherent sentence before nitpicking to make a point. (Because it's pretty obvious you wouldn't have started to point out mistakes nearly everyone on the forum makes if Slashnoob hadn't mentioned he didn't read books.)
There are "grammar natzis"? Were?!
And i think we went a little OT.
But how can you not understand a man, who is annoyed whit people that spells completely horrypfhel ifc inpoccibe too reed.
And please don't edit my post's. And do you even know what a "Twat" is? And don't dare look in the dictionary.
seems like we`ve got some smart guys here
they are able to beat someone
oh and that annoys me  ::)
and you`ve got to spell it like this
I`m so tough
in this topic
Slashnoob got you all
That's supposed to be a summary of the topic? "Slashednoob got you all" Pfff...
You uneducated brat..
HELP, drowning in the irony.
should i be the one telling you how to spell simple words such as WITH? :)

tip - learn ATLEAST some simple grade A spelling before you go critic on people's English.

You noticed that. Good, because honestly it was a test. And i do allot of those in the forum's. (Find my posts and look)
And what kind of school are you going to? In my school you gotta be a proffesor to get grade A. Only those who are better than the teacher (or asskissers) get A here.

You uneducated brat..
...(and no, saying you already knew how to spell with will not work now)

Oh so I'm not supposed to be testing people in this forum's for the simplest reasons? Now that's fair...
This is why you should put some people off the internet. People like me! We get too pissed on people who happends to not have any good structure and logic at all. Hate this shit. PM me if you want to say anything because I'm tired of this FÜCKING thread.. And i don't like your Avatar if you wonder.

lol "i can barely speak English but please to be using whit capital letter's"
and uh to pretend to be on topic i guess reading this Albert Speer biography kinda counts, so yeah, I'm reading that, it's pretty interesting
I EAT MUD
I wont even quote you again for that.. PROMISE (Atleast not a post whitout minor/severe spelling changes)

Offline Slashnoob

• Major
  • only users lose drugs
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2008, 11:32:50 am »

But how can you not understand a man, who is annoyed whit people that spells completely horrypfhel ifc inpoccibe too reed.
lol, the most pathetic attempt to try and show you wrote 'whit' on purpose.
eithat that or you still havn't realised how to spell with. -nah, apperantly you're TESTING us. how stupid of me not to realise.

And please don't edit my post's.
posts*
post's = X of 'post'
for example; post's ignorance - the ignorance of the post.

Slashednoob
... :/

You noticed that. Good, because honestly it was a test. And i do allot of those in the forum's. (Find my posts and look)
And what kind of school are you going to? In my school you gotta be a proffesor to get grade A. Only those who are better than the teacher (or asskissers) get A here.
1. i've finished school, hell i'm after army service of 2 years.
2. alot* forums*
3. own up to your mistakes (or atleast shut the hell up) instead of being a 8 year old and claim you do that on purpose.
4. capitalize your 'I' please if you're that bothered by correct capitalizing.

Oh so I'm not supposed to be testing people in this forum's for the simplest reasons? Now that's fair...
This is why you should put some people off the internet. People like me! We get too pissed on people who happends to not have any good structure and logic at all. Hate this bollocks. PM me if you want to say anything because I'm tired of this FÜCKING thread.. And i don't like your Avatar if you wonder.
oh please, i'm gonna throw up soon. can you spell p.a.t.h.e.t.i.c?
the only reasons you should be put off the internet has nothing to do with your spelling or grammar, some people are worse. the reason you should be put off the internet is because your mentality, which equals one of very little age.
i will not PM you, and thanks for not liking my avatar, it's my right hand tattoo.
also, capitalize your 'I', again.

thanks alot for taking this offtopic.. i got such a huge desire to feed forum trolls.. sorry.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 11:47:05 am by Slashnoob »
Former SuperKill

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • &quot;forum's-rebellious-cool-guy&quot;
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2008, 11:41:11 am »
do comic books count?

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2008, 11:54:28 am »
look, i wasn't even talking to you until you addressed me, my posts mean nothing towards you, and i doubt I'd like to start a conversation with you. in all honesty i can't see the reason why it should be difficult enough for you to ignore my posts aslong as they are not addressed at you.
Well. Its a public forums so... That kind of means i might over heard you? Maybe?
And Some people are having a hard theme ignoring what other people say because i have to pretend to care about what other people say all day!
Then when i get home i have to do chores (lots of them) then i have to do the administrative part in the household considering computers. Fix stuff they break, pretend to care that they broke they're favorite game, Hearing them whine over it, and finely get them quiet by promising them to buy a new CD. Then there's dinner to make. And after dinner when i put them to sleep or ask a lazy couch bum to go and put them to sleep (literary, not killing them).

Finely I can go and put myself in this chair and either play some nice game (soldat) hoping that i meet some polite people who won't get me pissed off. When they do piss me off i go here to find something intresting. Oh a thread to help me in these dark hours. "What is your favorite book?" its called. Nice to think of your favorite thing's. Doing a post. Oh theres this guy who wont use capital letters... I must tell him. Might just be temporary but i have to.
"And Slashnoob please start whit capital letter's write like this:Hi
Annoys the crap out of me."
maybe i shouldn't use the word "crap", nah.. He gets what i mean. And now I'm in this "mess". Having adrenaline Pumped body doing Pushups while thinking of what to say.
Better leave this thread.
Now you know how my days go by. So don't whine about me being slightly too tierd to give it 5 extra seconds to find a better word.

Thanks for ruining my night. Because now i have to think of vengeance, Or holding it back.
Edit:Only PM's Slashnoob
do comic books count?
N-O

Date Posted: April 11, 2008, 06:46:09 pm
Very stupid of you not to realise... Yes... And judging people over the internet is wrong by me. Most people i meet think im very smart and nice. (Partly because i pretend to giva-a-crap.)

Its only words. Letters combined.
If you dont like what you see do as you said. Ignore it.
Don't talk anymore here about this PM me if you want anything.
Get OnTopic again now.

Date Posted: April 11, 2008, 06:50:52 pm
1. i've finished school, hell i'm after army service of 2 years.
2. alot* forums*
3. own up to your mistakes (or atleast shut the hell up) instead of being a 8 year old and claim you do that on purpose.
4. capitalize your 'I' please if you're that bothered by correct capitalizing.
Good for you. [removed because he complained]
Sorry, mean thought.
And im mere 15 actualy. Im the middle child, 1 of 5.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 02:14:46 am by M.rSnow »

Offline Slashnoob

• Major
  • only users lose drugs
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2008, 12:11:39 pm »
And Some(1) people are having a hard theme(2) ignoring what other people say because i have to pretend to care about what other people say all day!
1. why on earth would you capitalize the word 'some'?
2. ???

i stopped reading after 2. not kidding, i did. have fun bro.
Former SuperKill