Author Topic: Berreta M9 Gfx Accuracy + NEW FULL MOD: J.A.M.  (Read 8905 times)

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
Berreta M9 Gfx Accuracy + NEW FULL MOD: J.A.M.
« on: February 18, 2009, 04:54:36 pm »
In addition to working on my Colt .45 gfx (located here :http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=32815.0 ), I'm also working on a Berreta M9 (or M92) 9mm gfx.

EDIT: I have decided to make a full mod, and the interface-gfx is being produced here.

I'd love all help, but please, include advice on exactly how to improve the gfx in addition to including it's imperfections.

Thanks.

FULL MOD:

Dual Colt .45s   
Steyr TMP
Ak-47
M-16 A2
Spas-12
H&K G3
M-16 M203
M14 DMR
FN P-90
H&K G-36

Berreta M9

Ka Bar
(Unknown)  ???
MP5K

Mod Name: JAM or, Just Another Mod. The United States Secret Service has a special, custom issue sniper rifle made solely for them. They named it, the JAR- for Just Another Rifle. Well, along with all the other mods... this is JAM.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 09:05:53 am by gladiator2 »

What Revelations 6:8 SHOULD say: "And behold a pale horse, and his name who sat on him was Death... and all of the United States Marine Corps followed with him."

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
Re: Berreta M9 Gfx Accuracy
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 06:39:13 pm »
Needs work, might be my monitor but I see only fully black pistol. So the shadin' can't be discussed by me. But the shape needs work. Anyway , try to keep this in one topic. Could be my mistake but I guess you made one pistol on another topic which didn't look really completed. So try to finish one thing 1st and then make topic after a while or keep it in one topic. Thanks and good luck.

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 06:43:22 pm »
Needs work, might be my monitor but I see only fully black pistol. So the shadin' can't be discussed by me. But the shape needs work. Anyway , try to keep this in one topic. Could be my mistake but I guess you made one pistol on another topic which didn't look really completed. So try to finish one thing 1st and then make topic after a while or keep it in one topic. Thanks and good luck.

Uh, no, it's got different colors. Black, dark grey, and light grey.

Sorry about posting two topics. I sorta wanted to get my money's worth outta peoples' advice.  ;)

I'm toying with the idea of making a new mod. I don't know... If not, I'll just make partial mods of Colt. 45 variants and M9 variants.

What Revelations 6:8 SHOULD say: "And behold a pale horse, and his name who sat on him was Death... and all of the United States Marine Corps followed with him."

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 06:58:33 pm »
Try and make it to scale with your latest 1911.

Also try and keep all your WIP stuff in one thread.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 07:05:47 pm »
Try and make it to scale with your latest 1911.

Also try and keep all your WIP stuff in one thread.

Yeah, that was my bad... Is there any way I can move it to the 1911 thread?

I'll see what I can do with the scaling.

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 07:12:30 pm »
Actually it needs a lot of work. From the picture you're showin' the pistol got too different shape, I see you wanted to make a lot of details which made the weapon less accurate and actually out of shape.

GOD STOP IT ! 2 posts while I was writin' just because I was lazy to post it and I was browsin'.

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 07:18:24 pm »
Dairy, look at this gfx, and tell me what's wrong with it, because I just resized the M9 a little to make it a tad bigger.

Thanks.

Here:

Edit:

I just know there's something wrong with it, I just don't know what. Please tell me what, and a possible way to fix it. Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 07:21:00 pm by gladiator2 »

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 10:34:24 pm »
Why's it so dark? :/
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 11:23:11 pm »
I'm not sure... bad choice of colors.

I can try to improve it's colors tomorrow. Do you think it's a little "squarish?"

Gladiator2- solid out.

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 07:45:42 am »
2nd one looks like a DE IMO

You should make a topic for all your weapons, don't make different ones if you are doing them that fast

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 07:49:57 am »
2nd one looks like a DE IMO

You should make a topic for all your weapons, don't make different ones if you are doing them that fast

It does, doesn't it? It looks like a 9mm DE. How should I fix it?

Yeah, my bad for making a new topic. I wasn't sure what procedure was...

Here:

I just got bored yesterday, and drew the m9.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 08:07:19 am by gladiator2 »

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 08:08:27 am »
It's hard to describe for you some help when you're not listening. It's just interface picture so you should care too much but anyway at least it could be similar. The weapon you made doesn't look too much of an M9.

The shape is wrong and the colorin' is too dark for me so I can't even say what's wrong. Probably try again from scratch could work, not resize the actual picture.

Here's an example of my M9:

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 08:15:49 am »
It's hard to describe for you some help when you're not listening. It's just interface picture so you should care too much but anyway at least it could be similar. The weapon you made doesn't look too much of an M9.

The shape is wrong and the colorin' is too dark for me so I can't even say what's wrong. Probably try again from scratch could work, not resize the actual picture.

Here's an example of my M9:

I absolutely agree mine needs work...

but to be honest, you're looks.... fat...

The handle is too short, the trigger is blurry, the slide is blurry, the barrel isn't there, and there's an incline on the muzzle.

The M9 partially shows the top part of the barrel. If you ever used one, that's a unique feature of the M9 that you'd remember. At the end of the barrel, the slide covers it with the front sight. Mine... conveys that. Yours doesn't.

I can't believe you're telling me that my work sucks, and then you put that crap up. I'm sorry, but come on! What're you, yankin' my chain?

Not listening? I improved the shading a little. I want this weapon to be black. But I will lighten it (not now, 'cause I'm late).

Meanwhile, seriously, fix that thing.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 09:07:37 am by gladiator2 »

Offline AquaByrd

• Soldier
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 08:26:59 am »
In my opinion, the top of the barrel / cocking handle looks too flat.
My sig was 300 x 120, the maximum size is 300 x 125. Check next time will you.

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 09:15:43 am »

Sorry, but what do you mean? How can I fix it?

EDIT:

I've decided to make a full mod, but I want every interface-gfx to be perfect. I already have the Weapons-gfx nailed down; they're small and easy. And I have the sfx.

This will be the weapons list:
Dual Colt .45s
Steyr TMP
Ak-47
M-16 A2
Spas-12
H&K G3
M-16 M203
M14 DMR
FN P-90
H&K G-36

Berreta M9
Ka Bar
(Unknown)
MP5K

For the M-16s and G36s, I have different variants that you can choose from, but I don't know how to make that nice program that does so.

And I would like to perfect each gfx one at a time, rather than put them all up and have numerous, confusing, chaotic advice for all the guns. I really appreciate all the help.  :D

But don't expect a paycheck!  ;D

Here:

I actually think that looks better. I really want to hit the nail on the head with this.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 09:54:02 am by gladiator2 »

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
Re: Berreta M9 Gfx Accuracy + NEW FULL MOD
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 10:17:37 am »
Well, stay close minded. I don't really care. I wish you could improve.

I never siad your work suck even If I might think it. But you started to be an offensive being just because of some critique isn't the best way to prove your work is worth of something anyway.

Good luck.

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 10:25:56 am »
Well, stay close minded. I don't really care. I wish you could improve.

I never siad your work suck even If I might think it. But you started to be an offensive being just because of some critique isn't the best way to prove your work is worth of something anyway.

Good luck.

Dairy, it's apparent that we're not on the same page here....

I am listening to your advice. Now, you may want to re-read this thread, 'cause the way I see it:

1. you tell me you only see black.
2. I say it's got other colors.
3. You give some advice.
4. I tell you I just resized it and made it a little bigger, and ask if the previous advice is still valid to the bigger pic, or if you have new advice.
5. You say I'm not listening, and to improve the color. You then post a picture of your blurry M9.

Now I don't know if you've got a bad monitor or what, but I am improving the shading.

I want this gfx to clearly show the M9's unique slide, 'cause most automatics house the entire barrel in the slide.

Now, if you'd like to help me, I really appreciate it. But if you're gonna mis-interpret me, and post your work, no thanks.

Offline AquaByrd

• Soldier
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 10:28:35 am »

Sorry, but what do you mean? How can I fix it?

I actually think that looks better. I really want to hit the nail on the head with this.

Thanks.

The problem with that is large areas are all one colour. Even if it's flat, you want to give it a slight texturing to make it look less flat if you know what I mean.

Take the area around the revolving chamber on my Raging Bull for example. I've varied the shade of the silver enough for it to look flat, but not too flat. Feel free to play around with that.
My sig was 300 x 120, the maximum size is 300 x 125. Check next time will you.

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 10:44:54 am »
Probably my monitor is the only source of problem here. *IRONY*

Anywa, you changed the colors so NOW I can see the difference. It's much better but still I don't really understand the texture and the shadin' style when I compare it to the picture you posted.

My M9 was just as example. I didn't say you have to make it like that. I ment the texturising and kind of shape. Blurry it's because I used AA.

Could you show some in-game picture of that Interface ?

Miss-interpret you ? What does that exactly mean ? Anyway If you don't want to, don't listen to me. I can't explain everything as others do because my english is bad. Still I feel some arogance from you. The weapon I made (M9) looks like that because I was working with picture from actual game (Call of duty 4). I wanted to catch all details. At least I tryed but that's not important.

EDIT: Just to make you more interested I'll post No-blurry version.

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 10:59:12 am »
Probably my monitor is the only source of problem here. *IRONY*

Anywa, you changed the colors so NOW I can see the difference. It's much better but still I don't really understand the texture and the shadin' style when I compare it to the picture you posted.

My M9 was just as example. I didn't say you have to make it like that. I ment the texturising and kind of shape. Blurry it's because I used AA.

Could you show some in-game picture of that Interface ?

Miss-interpret you ? What does that exactly mean ? Anyway If you don't want to, don't listen to me. I can't explain everything as others do because my english is bad. Still I feel some arogance from you. The weapon I made (M9) looks like that because I was working with picture from actual game (Call of duty 4). I wanted to catch all details. At least I tryed but that's not important.

EDIT: Just to make you more interested I'll post No-blurry version.

Hey, it's all good.

I know my shading is a little screwy on this one, and I need to really improve that.  Here's a modified pic:

I can't show you an in game image (now) 'cause I'm on a computer that doesn't have soldat. But I can later.

When I said mis-interpret, I meant that I think you giving advice, and then me posting the bigger pic and asking for advice, made you think that I wasn't paying attention to your advice, and you mis-interpreted what happened: I enlarged the pic, and wasn't sure if your previous advice still held.

Ugh, that's actually a little confusing...

Thanks.