Poll

Should you be able to shot nades?

Yes
Only your nades
Only others nades
No

Author Topic: Bullet + Grenade = Boom  (Read 43696 times)

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
  • I came to the world with the barret in my hand
Re: Bullet + Grenade = Boom
« Reply #260 on: February 02, 2007, 10:35:52 am »
perhaps there will be. i think i read somewhere that he'll give the work to an other person.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #261 on: February 02, 2007, 12:34:34 pm »
i chatted with Michal some days ago. he thinks this is a cool idea, but that it wont be in this version (1.3.2)

Thank you Michal!

do you thank him for it isn't in the coming version (1.3.2) or that it maybe come in next version? ;D

Ehh, I was thinking more along the lines of thanking that it'll never be implemented...

...Hopefully...
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #262 on: February 03, 2007, 04:24:22 am »
uh...ok, your guess. i think it'll be implemented, noone can think wrong.

Offline Fitzpatrick

• Major
« Reply #263 on: February 03, 2007, 06:59:00 am »
I agree with Ivarska.
It may not be in the next version, but I think they will be implemented.
The question now is how will they explode? Probability? Health? Time? Something else?
Fitzpatrick

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #264 on: March 02, 2007, 07:32:41 am »
YES! I would absolutely love to see this implemented. FULL 1000% SUPPORT!
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #265 on: March 02, 2007, 07:39:51 am »
well, no need for bumping an old thread huh?

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #266 on: March 02, 2007, 07:41:18 am »
Nah, I just clicked on Ivarska's signature and it came to this. Never seen it before. ;D
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline sakae

• Soldier
« Reply #267 on: March 02, 2007, 09:10:11 am »
omg.. you know how little 6 percent is?!for a ruger I mean... first I tought you ment 0,6 but then I saw the 100.00.

seriously higher numbers -__-

Offline fishfood

• Major
« Reply #268 on: March 05, 2007, 06:12:54 pm »
In real life this doesn't really happen because there are 3 dimensions that the nade and bullet have to coordinate in, of course in Soldat it's way easier because you've only got 2 dimensions, and the grenade is like half your head.

My suggestion is to make the only collidable area a really small portion of the centre of the grenade.

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #269 on: March 05, 2007, 06:34:52 pm »
Well this idea is realistic, but i say NO:
1. Hellish lags - even collisions with players now are not detected surely...
2. I think there will be almost impossible to throw nade without explosion while someone is shooting at you = mass selfkills.

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #270 on: March 05, 2007, 07:45:33 pm »
2. I think there will be almost impossible to throw nade without explosion while someone is shooting at you = mass selfkills.
1. some lags are really annoying, like a laggy saw that should have torn up an m79er as punishment for his terrible aim.  nade detonation lag would be way less annoying.  It's based on probability, so you shouldn't count on the nade exploding anyway (unless its a barret bullet, but there are better things to aim those at)
2. no, it won't be impossible to throw the nade without an explosion, because it is based...on...probability.  Plus nades are, what is it, three pixels wide? 

I think it would be nice to make the grenades more vulnerable when they are shot from the top.  I think when one dude is raining bullets down on the guy flying below him, he doesn't really deserve that cheap shot at the legs.  height should be an advantage.  when two people are walking towards eachother and one throws a nade low, that's fairer. 
Without originality society is doomed.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #271 on: March 07, 2007, 02:51:31 pm »
I agree... this will make a full lucky nade-shooting.
I could support this idea but only if nade is lying somewhere < + more chance for "boom" >.

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #272 on: March 09, 2007, 03:23:32 pm »
sorry, now it were really long time ago i replied to this thread. but i'm glad it isn't old anymore :P
good that you noticed that my sign-image were linked, i thought it would look messed-up if i put a link under...
and about the lag/selfkills i havn't much energy to tell persons to read all the main-message.

Offline Xagonix

• Major(1)
  • Asian Pride!
« Reply #273 on: March 11, 2007, 08:20:02 pm »
This is a good idea. I sense a lot of pros at soldat will start shooting nades.

Nades are common weapons. You can step on, get hit by, or throw a grenade and it will explode. But shoot a grenade and nothing happens.

The bad thing about this strategy is that people with automatic weapons will counter grenades swiftly. Plus, a person under fire who throws a grenade while reloading would explode because the bullets hit the grenade once it leaves the hands of the unfortunate soldier.
-[ The Xienator ]-

Playing Soldat since 1.3

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #274 on: March 17, 2007, 05:08:36 am »
yeah, but please read all the main message before posting a reply (if you havn't done that yet...), 'cause in almost every reply people say "the nade will explode in your face". thanks.

Offline Replica

• Major
« Reply #275 on: March 17, 2007, 11:32:50 pm »
I know this seems like flaming, but seriously this would be one of the worst ideas in soldat, ever.  Anyone who supports this really would NOT have a clue of how to play the game properly and probably uses nades once or twice a match or just spams them. 

In fact the game would probably become so unplayable (from the way most top clans in Aus play, like dA, <3, and many others) that I'd probably stop playing. 
The game would be much more frustrating and slower if you could shoot nades to blow them up.  With so many bullets on screen at once, it'd be very hard to AVOID shooting a thrown nade. 

And yeah I should say it, I'm a GameArena admin for the Soldat servers, and I've played with a lot of top Australian clans over a few years, and I think this would be an incredibly BAD idea. 

Offline BlackHawK

• Major
  • La agua que te guia es todo un mar de porquerias!
    • Soldat[BR]
« Reply #276 on: March 17, 2007, 11:36:52 pm »
great³

another game mode, "Nade Shooter" xP~

it would be funny...

totally agreed
Flávio Santos Ferrel

------------
Dentre outras mil és tu Brasil, Oh Pátria amada!
Dos filhos deste solo és mãe gentil, Pátria amada Brasil!

Offline ynvaser

• Major(1)
« Reply #277 on: March 18, 2007, 06:22:58 am »
Yes, this effect could be very cool.

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #278 on: March 20, 2007, 09:38:09 am »
OH whatever... it's a good idea that the nade should explode after beig hit with a bullet. Yes, a nade already explodes after being hit with a flame arrow or M79 or LAW but still.... and the idea that it should only be in realistic mode is, in my opinion, a good idea after all. Thx.
Text goes here...

Offline waynechriss

• Major
« Reply #279 on: March 20, 2007, 12:52:26 pm »
Capability to shoot grenades? Sorry, but I think the idea is a bit absurd. Well...not to that extent, but I just don't like it all that much. Nades will be exploding in everyones' faces (because people who play have damn good shots), so the idea of throwing a grenade is redundant.

But then again....it could add some....technique...I guess.