Author Topic: Is the developement of this game still alive ?  (Read 37589 times)

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
Re: Is the developement of this game still alive ?
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2010, 09:49:15 am »
This is what a development blog should look like.

http://notch.tumblr.com/
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline Hellboy

• Major(1)
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2010, 09:53:05 am »
"I’m gonna announce something shortly about Soldat, please give me a bit of time." MM.

http://mm.soldat.pl/development-log/new-private-alpha#comments
fr0g|Hellboy
Waives|Hellboy

DarkCrusade

« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2010, 10:01:01 am »
EnEsCe, you should feel bad posting like this. You didn't visit the forum for days and not, because someone died or illness. You didn't work on Soldat enough and all we get from you are excuses and some random bullshit like "the code sucks". WE KNOW. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of combat and let someone else do it. I bet Shoozza would still like to develop Soldat. There could even be a team of developers to make the progress even faster (-> kunderez). Just DO something and DO IT NOW.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2010, 10:53:11 am »
Quote from: EnEsCe
herpderp i am a lazy ass developer who feeds off of flattery in order to work on a game towards which i have absolutely no enthusiasm

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

DarkCrusade

« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2010, 11:35:21 am »
He challenges the community and the community gives him what he deserves. Doing nothing without an official statement is just unfair.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2010, 11:35:32 am »
Careful guys

<EnEsCe> you challenge me I will make your Soldat life a living hell.
what ?
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline scout

• Camper
  • Wolverine does'nt have nothing on me now!
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2010, 11:35:40 am »
Gotta love how history comes back and gives you a nice kick in the nuts, eh nsc?

Our updates and 'patches' are way overdue, we whine and beg for them, you never delivered. And this could have all been avoided if there was an ACTUAL development TEAM working on soldat.

Fix it already, before you throw soldat into the grave.

Lets all prepare a 21 gun salute while we're at it yeah?

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2010, 11:43:01 am »
its really annoying to see a game with potential (still!) get wasted because the developer acting like a stubborn kid ("i wont make the game because the community doesnt like me, and i wont pass it to anyone else just to f**k with them")

i also have a feeling that it's hard to change the developer because of the fear from what enesce could pull off with soldat after getting him resigned
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline scout

• Camper
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2010, 11:53:43 am »
Come to think of it, nsc does'nt even care! He's just another money-head looking to get that quick buck, screwing people over just for himself.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 11:55:32 am by scout »

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2010, 12:09:46 pm »
The only thing that is clear here is the overwhelming passion people have for Soldat. However, I think its rather unwise to let this passion get the best of us.

Considering we dont actually KNOW what this coming announcement will be, I would rather bite my tongue and have some manners then risk looking like a total smeghead after the fact. The least we can do is respectfully give MM the time he has asked of us to do his thing. Whilst I do agree with a lot of the points in this thread [from both sides], I hardly think letting our mouths run away from us is going to help anything at all.
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline TheOne

• Soldier
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2010, 12:14:21 pm »
What I'm reading here, shocks me.
How can you expect someone to do any work, which requires a lot of heart blood, with that attitude? And giving the script to someone else isn't as easy as you may think.
It was alright to ask about the current status, but these last posts are breaking any reasonable limit. This should not be connected to emotions and not at all to insulting each other..
In my opinion soldat would / will die, if both sides go on like this.

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2010, 12:18:24 pm »
What I'm reading here, shocks me.
How can you expect someone to do any work, which requires a lot of heart blood, with that attitude? And giving the script to someone else isn't as easy as you may think.
It was alright to ask about the current status, but these last posts are breaking any reasonable limit. This should not be connected to emotions and not at all to insulting each other..
In my opinion soldat would / will die, if both sides go on like this.

So true it hurts ^^
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline scout

• Camper
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2010, 01:08:19 pm »
In my honest opinion,

The developer (mind you i am NOT refering MM), knowing full well whats at stake and the outrage of the community, needs to produce results, else well ... this happens. The community asks, the developer does'nt deliver, and thus begins the flame war. Its like governing a country - govern well, everyone's happy, no hassles.

You can't blame the community for their attitude against the developer since he took on the task ALONE knowing the consequences.

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2010, 03:25:44 pm »
The comments in this thread are a prime example of why development on this FREE, time consuming spaghetti-code game has progressively gotten worse.
Oh my god please go into the business world with this attitude

What could possibly go wrong with the concept of screwing over your customers because they have the audacity to expect things delivered on time
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2010, 03:36:30 pm »
This is what happen when you put a cheater in front of your game development.
No more to say. I'm playing this game since 2002 and now I feel so disapointed.

Next time don't create expectatives, please.
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline nEttsE

• Soldier
  • I'm not hacker! I just love to eat all the bullets
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2010, 03:43:39 pm »
Can't say much to this.

One day I saw this game, one day I downloaded this game, one day I started to play the game. I started to love it and time by the time I also earned the "rage" and also removed it by the time as I got older and older. Since 1.4.1, for me it was like a "hope" of something better, I mean more clear playing, or stuff. None of my hopes I could see. It was only getting worse and worse.

I met couples of guys, who were fine, and also dumbs who are just a dumbs still.

More and more players I've been suspecting hacking or complaining about some sh*ts.

I started to play Soldat around February of year 2006 (ver. 1.3.1), and now it's year 2010. Year, when I even don't want to start Soldat, since even the right teams are unable win the leagues they were supposed to win. Lag matters, eats matters, hacks matters. Only just few clicks, and you can hack. How simple.

That's my Soldat story, how it was, and how these good days will never come back.

In my honest opinion, Soldat is dead. I'm just sad about it, how a game like this can reach the top that nicely, and fall that badly.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 03:47:23 pm by nEttsE »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2010, 03:45:28 pm »

Soldat is business already. He gets money, no?

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2010, 03:48:10 pm »

Corporate world then :I
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline scout

• Camper
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2010, 04:21:37 pm »
Can't say much to this.

One day I saw this game, one day I downloaded this game, one day I started to play the game. I started to love it and time by the time I also earned the "rage" and also removed it by the time as I got older and older. Since 1.4.1, for me it was like a "hope" of something better, I mean more clear playing, or stuff. None of my hopes I could see. It was only getting worse and worse.

I met couples of guys, who were fine, and also dumbs who are just a dumbs still.

More and more players I've been suspecting hacking or complaining about some sh*ts.

I started to play Soldat around February of year 2006 (ver. 1.3.1), and now it's year 2010. Year, when I even don't want to start Soldat, since even the right teams are unable win the leagues they were supposed to win. Lag matters, eats matters, hacks matters. Only just few clicks, and you can hack. How simple.

That's my Soldat story, how it was, and how these good days will never come back.

In my honest opinion, Soldat is dead. I'm just sad about it, how a game like this can reach the top that nicely, and fall that badly.

You're not alone friend. I too have lost my dedication to soldat. But it does'nt mean i will stop hoping something good will still come out of it.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2010, 04:29:06 pm »
This thread is not much different from similar threads from before. Same issues are mentioned, same solutions are suggested and same lame excuses are provided.

The comments in this thread are a prime example of why development on this FREE, time consuming spaghetti-code game has progressively gotten worse.
If you can't handle the responsibility you were given - give it so someone who can handle it. It's simple as that.

If you just allow someone else to work on soldat - you can completely and entirely forget about all soldat-related problems, and no longer be bothered by our "whining". Isn't that great?

Abandoning a great concept and gameplay and leaving it to rot? That isn't exactly a good way to make money. MM should be well aware of that as well.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 04:31:36 pm by L[0ne]R »