Author Topic: Berratt Sniper Cursor {requesting all mods help}  (Read 17459 times)

Offline the halo fan

• Camper
  • Mustly the heat of battle is just the begining
Berratt Sniper Cursor {requesting all mods help}
« on: December 07, 2010, 03:42:30 pm »
i was thinking why not make a cursor to help with sniping to back up a teammate/efc
it would increase accuracy a lot
it would be somethin like this

but its going to need more for it to work with soldat.
can anyone help me on this?

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
  • It's a real burn, being right so often.
Re: Berratt Sniper Cursor {requesting all mods help}
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 04:24:55 pm »
Aiming in soldat is not a difficult task, so an oversized scope reticule would be of no practical use.

Offline SyavX

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 04:28:00 pm »
Try to digg into this direction (interface grid plus +--- cursor from "experimental  stuff" folder)

Offline the halo fan

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 04:45:35 pm »
Aiming in soldat is not a difficult task, so an oversized scope reticule would be of no practical use.

its not suppose to be OVERSIZED only just a tiny bit

Try to digg into this direction (interface grid plus +--- cursor from "experimental  stuff" folder)

i'll check it out see what i can make out of it the grid interface is good idea though.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 05:00:23 pm »
You have got to be kidding...
The Barrett's hard to aim with already, a big ass scope would make it even harder to focus on the target than it already is...
b&

Offline the halo fan

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 05:25:32 pm »
The Barrett's hard to aim with already, a big ass scope would make it even harder to focus on the target than it already is...

its not suppose to be BIG ASSSSSS only just a tiny bit.
pluse the sniper line's ability to srink the cursor ( press F2 ) is soo awesome to know now adays >.>

Offline Guile

• Major(1)
  • It's better to burn out than fade away.
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 06:01:08 pm »
hahaa :D berratt :D

Anyway, It does not help you because the bullet curves the different way in different ranges. It's not like you always shoot with full zoom.

"They say death takes you to a better place" - Felipe Coronel

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 06:30:26 pm »
I think he's just interested in having crosshairs with pretty windage marks on them. If you want to help, help. Otherwise, stop beating the horse.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
  • It's a real burn, being right so often.
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 07:26:48 pm »
I think he's just interested in having crosshairs with pretty windage marks on them. If you want to help, help. Otherwise, stop beating the horse.
windage marks eh? well that kind of funny on a game that has no wind ::)

Anyhow, I'll go make something real quick and I suppose that will solve the problem...

it doesn't work very good but whatever.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 07:42:21 pm by MattH »

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 12:10:58 am »
Something quick from MS Paint. Don't know if its what you're looking for, but have fun ;)

The reason why I avoid making the cursor any larger than 1 pixel is because it will screw up the precision of your cursor since Soldat loads images from the top left.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 12:13:02 am by STM1993 »

Offline Ombro Naha[PL]

• Major(1)
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 10:53:47 am »
IMO, the best brt cursor is just small white dot, Smthn' like that \/

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 01:11:06 pm »
pluse the sniper line's ability to srink the cursor ( press F2 ) is soo awesome to know now adays >.>
What you mean by "press F2"? For me it just opens/closes the minimap...
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 01:12:50 pm »
He meant alt+f2. It turns on sniper-line.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 02:26:45 pm »
Something quick from MS Paint. Don't know if its what you're looking for, but have fun ;)

The reason why I avoid making the cursor any larger than 1 pixel is because it will screw up the precision of your cursor since Soldat loads images from the top left.
A one pixel crosshair is not going to fix the top-left issue, as you will be aiming in the wrong place when you aren't binked.
Soldat is made so that it aims into the centre of the default sized crosshair, not simply at the top-left. Yes it resizes by the top left, which only causes 'precision' issues as it gets resized, so, in short, your 1px crosshair is a fail.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 03:42:33 am »
A one pixel crosshair is not going to fix the top-left issue, as you will be aiming in the wrong place when you aren't binked.
Soldat is made so that it aims into the centre of the default sized crosshair, not simply at the top-left. Yes it resizes by the top left, which only causes 'precision' issues as it gets resized, so, in short, your 1px crosshair is a fail.
Woops, I mean 1 pixel larger than the default in width and height... and didn't know that either, thanks for pointing that out.

It works okay for me though, and I can't be bothered looking at the cursor when its binked like hell.

Offline the halo fan

• Camper
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2010, 12:51:14 pm »
wow you guys are awesome didn't think much people would post due to other topics i've made were a fail :\

matt it didn't work at all they you had it but i fliped it and it almost works the way i imagine this project to go.
i only got 2 kills straight estimating the location of enemies using the Enemies spotted radio thing, every time i see someone die on minimap or get a radio message i try to estimate/shot the area :P untill i hit the target, 65% of the time the is on the ground and im mostly use to the bullet curve of the barrett.

what if there were 3 points/lines on the cursor telling you were the bullet will go if you aim straight standing/crouching/proneing

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2010, 02:29:23 pm »
were the bullet will go if you aim straight standing/crouching/proneing

Doesn't matter, bullet lands in same place. Bulletspeed and angle are only determining factors.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline scout

• Camper
  • Wolverine does'nt have nothing on me now!
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2010, 04:28:43 pm »
you don't need a sniper cursor to be a genius in sniping

Use the sniper line- it helps alot, since already it gives you a hint of how much elevation you need to hit your target. But most long ranged shots require a certain degree of estimation. thus its possible to pull off a head-shot from one area of a map to another.

personally, i'd prefer proning, since it gives you the highest zoom, while poissbily allowing you to hide behind scenery..

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2010, 05:15:58 pm »
its not suppose to be BIG ASSSSSS only just a tiny bit.
But what you posted in your main post is big ass scope. Are you saying that the crosshair you posted is NOT what you're trying to suggest?.. :/

Anyway, what I'd like to see is fixed sniper line that you could use with barrett even if sniper line is disabled server-side. I love sniping with barrett, but I find it hard with just crosshair. When you zoom - you lose sight of your soldier, so it becomes harder to determine the angle at which you're shooting.

Unfortunately the crosshair you suggested makes it even worse - that black area covers a large portion of the screen, so it becomes even harder to see the angle at which you're aiming.