Author Topic: ctf_Pyramid [1.6.7]  (Read 7991 times)

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
ctf_Pyramid [1.6.7]
« on: March 27, 2014, 06:25:04 pm »
ctf_Pyramid
by darDar & Akinaro

ctf_Pyramid by darDar & Akinaro
layout thread

Hello,
I've started a discussion about the map layout in the mapping idea board and here's the result.
This is my first map and it's supposed to be played in the Capture the Flag mode.
Of course it can be played in Rambomatch, Deathmatch , TDM as well.
This map does only work with Soldat 1.6.7 + since it is using the new polygon type called 'background'.
I might recreate the final ctf_Pyramid to work with 1.6.6 because I'm not a fan of things just being compatible with certain versions.

This map is very intense and it's a lot about boosting, rushing & defending.
Akinaro made the very latest version of this map.

Credits:
Akinaro for doing the V2
smiluu for giving a very good layout idea

**ATTENTION** This map does only work for 1.6.7 + since it is using the new polygon type 'background'.

(map overview)

Screenshots:

Download / Rate on TMS

See more maps by darDar

Hosted by jrgp's Soldat Mapping Showcase.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 12:42:47 pm by darDar »
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Drax

• Soldier
Re: ctf_Pyramid
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 11:08:57 pm »
perfect background, but maybe sphinx would do better than this woman
nice end of pyramid
I don't like spikes on those 2 pyramids
you didn't add steps to pyramid
no scenery in lower lvl
well it's a nice looking map, but I hoped you would add 3rd lvl with cool looking things or something... well it's your choice

Offline BlackHoles

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 01:52:56 am »
nice first map! :)
maybe its good to put the pyramid in the middle to background and creating some ways like you can see on the picture as example.

reducing scenerys(500~) and polygons(400~) would be not bad and reducing the size of the background-scenery(2.5mb) and other sceneries(5mb total)

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 04:05:35 am »
definitely to big file size, you can resize most of big files even to 800x800 without loosing too much details. Beside its background to its nothing bad if its a bit blured.
Also you can use PNGout app to change size of PNG files without loosing quality.

About map:
I like this background, I think I know that image... face looks really cool. But you can remove this semitransparent pyramid on the left.
And Main Pyramid is a bit bend to the left site, map is not aligned to good.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 02:25:54 pm »
perfect background, but maybe sphinx would do better than this woman
nice end of pyramid
Yes, I might add Sphinxes somewhere else maybe.
I don't like spikes on those 2 pyramids
What dont you like about it ?
you didn't add steps to pyramid
No, I decided against that!
no scenery in lower lvl
It's on my todo list!
well it's a nice looking map, but I hoped you would add 3rd lvl with cool looking things or something... well it's your choice
Thanks!
I will obviously not add another floor to the lower route as it would destroy the waypoints for a decent 3on3 match then. The map is supposed to be played with two people on the upper route and one player for low (or one def).
If there was another route on low this would not work out any more.

@Akinaro:
definitely to big file size, you can resize most of big files even to 800x800 without loosing too much details. Beside its background to its nothing bad if its a bit blured.
Also you can use PNGout app to change size of PNG files without loosing quality.
Yes, It's pretty big - and there's also a screenshot in the rar. which causes that. I didn't know about these converters but I will use them for the next update.
But you can remove this semitransparent pyramid on the left.
Yes, It was not supposed to be semitransparent. It should actually be in front but it was on front of the polygon then as well!
And Main Pyramid is a bit bend to the left site, map is not aligned to good.
I'll take care about thatin my update.

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 09:07:53 am »
Check the attachment

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 09:50:34 am »
Map have wrong name: ctf_Pryamid.PMS
You should put textures and all sceneries in file, because eg, I dont have this texture that you use.
and one of my zip app see your file as a corrupted.

Use smp MAPPACKER or other program that pack and save maps.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 09:52:20 am by Akinaro »

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 05:50:21 am »
Map have wrong name: ctf_Pryamid.PMS
You should put textures and all sceneries in file, because eg, I dont have this texture that you use.
and one of my zip app see your file as a corrupted.

Use smp MAPPACKER or other program that pack and save maps.
Thanks

@smiluu
I like that a lot! The first middle route suggested by Akinaro suggested here was a bit pointless in my opinion but this one might add some depth into the gameplay of the map.

gather.soldat.pl

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 08:30:49 am »
I'm a bit lost since I can't really add new polygons because the textures are always wrong.
It's added as attachment, maybe someone can help me out and tell me how to fix that & get the default texture size back.
 :|

gather.soldat.pl

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2014, 10:06:34 am »
Seems like the texture you have now (the "correct" one) is zoomed out a bit. Ctrl+A > Ctrl+F to fix the whole texture. If it changes to the "incorrect" size i was right.
Two options:
1)
Keep working on the "incorrect" one and ignore it. When you finish the whole map you can switch the texture to a smaller one, save/compile, then reopen it and select your desired one - it will be the size of the smaller one you picked. Try with different sizes.
2)Resize it a bit in Paint and use the new one.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2014, 02:07:58 pm »
Still in the work(loots of work...)

map overview:

need to modify background and remove that ugly sand in both site of map.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2014, 02:13:44 pm »
Oh my God !
This looks so insane & hot! I'm speachless! You are by far the best visual map artists we have :)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 08:36:40 am by darDar »

gather.soldat.pl

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2014, 05:40:15 am »
Don't get to excited :] I'm not gonna finish it(don't have time right now), but feel free to end it from point that I have right now:

Its still need "optimization", as you can see here:

You can easily delete few polygons to get less than current 871 and you can resize sceneries that I made(I guesses even from current 1MB to 600-650KB) and you can add some props to both side of the tunnel so players can get cover on this straight patch(I wanted to add broken statue).

Here is last version that I made. Polish it a bit, fix few polybugs and you gonna have nice map :]

PS. ITS ONLY FOR 1.6.7!!! because I used new polygons as a background of tunnel
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 11:35:36 am by Akinaro »

Offline dominikkk26

• Camper
    • PMGsite
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2014, 06:57:12 am »
Akinaro: from where, you take these wonderful graphics?

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2014, 11:35:06 am »
Small site with few images, its not so well known site, but you can find there few things: google.com :P :P :P

but to be honest they arent so perfect, but I didnt had mood to search for better ones, so I get first from list :] And as I said it need some polishing, so darDar finish it if you want.

EDIT: sorry for bumping but I forgot that there is one major bug that could give you some problem to fix(this ugly line in background). here is fixed version.

But still its need some smaller fixes and polishing so don't treat is as a finished map.
Its need more work that I can't make right now(its more than two hours of work[with breaks of course :]) so better finish it before you upload it anywhere.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 11:41:36 am »
Small site with few images, its not so well known site, but you can find there few things: google.com :P :P :P

but to be honest they arent so perfect, but I didnt had mood to search for better ones, so I get first from list :] And as I said it need some polishing, so darDar finish it if you want.

EDIT: sorry for bumping but I forgot that there is one major bug that could give you some problem to fix(this ugly line in background). here is fixed version.

But still its need some smaller fixes and polishing so don't treat is as a finished map.
Its need more work that I can't make right now(its more than two hours of work[with breaks of course :]) so better finish it before you upload it anywhere.
Yeah, I noticed that bug as well!
Thanks for the quick fix and I really appreciate helping me out here. I'm wondering if I can make any improvements yet but I will try to. I noticed some polybugs I will try to polish them out & add colliders etc.

Could you give me a todo list with your plans?
Would be easier for me to get along then I guess!
Thanks

gather.soldat.pl

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2014, 12:09:39 pm »
its more like fixing polybugs, that is most time consuming, and adding better sceneries(and resizing existing)

1. Ugly. Need to change totally to sand so only wall of tunnel would be from bricks
2. better add here polygon, because I found out that its good map for nade boost. and this place need smoother move, when you grab enemy flag and nade boost in this sandbag. in the middle of tunnel also are sandbag for nade boost that are good for fast crossing it.
3. Ugly. Need better sceneries. maybe wooden supporting beams.
4. its nade jump spot. but its need some sceneries so its would looks better.
5. here I wanted to place broken statue that could provide cover. its would be scenery with "only bullet collide" polygons.
6. you can remove about 8 polygons from here(Ps i did here for test 3D effect but it doesn't look to good from player perspective so 6 more polygons to delete)
7. Ugly. need some sceneries or more polygons so it would looks like ruins/rocks
8. Need better sceneries. I was thinking about something like THIS but simpler and made from background polygons.
9. It would look better with more hanging sceneries like this one.

Beside there is loots of small polybugs that can be removed easily, but its need time to do it.

And of course you can resize most of sceneries that I put on the map. They are medium size and on map I shrunk them so there is no reason for having bigger images that used on map.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 12:14:08 pm by Akinaro »

Offline dominikkk26

• Camper
    • PMGsite
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2014, 02:39:49 pm »
IN 6 add bouncy

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 01:00:39 pm »
Thanks for the list!

gather.soldat.pl

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
Re: ctf_Pyramid [1.6.7]
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2014, 07:51:58 am »
Wow! Great design and I like the routes suggested.
At first I thought it would completely resemble me of Campeche, but it actually feels fresh!

Some fixes and suggsetions:
• Overall I think the map should be a tad smaller to make it more fitting to the competative gaming style.
• Trying to roll backwards to hop above the stone (near the flag) gets u stuck in the upper area of the stone.
• I would definietely consider opening the low route and add some interesting polys there to not make it as straight forward. Maybe narrowing it down could be good.
• Same with the center area, make it open to fall to low route (the map has to be smaller in order to fit 3v3 imo).
• If the map would get smaller, then I'd suggest lowering the jetpack's amount a little, it's pretty high even atm.
• It's really easy to get nades stuck near the bunkers in the respawn points, you can get them stuck into the floor.

Honestly, I see a lot of potential in this map!