Author Topic: SOLDAT 1.7.0b2 beta release ready for testing!  (Read 26788 times)

Offline Ratman

• Major(1)
Re: SOLDAT 1.7.0b2 beta release ready for testing!
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2015, 06:51:14 pm »
Gotta agree with Bistoufly. I just can't go back to blurry and stutterish 1.6.9. There aren't many players around, that means not enough testers (and who loves testing anyway? :D). So just roll that 1.7 out, it's huge progress and that's what the game needs after all those years.
What are the actual soldat requirements anyway? It's getting more "next-gen" and old wooden computers might not be able to run soldat anymore because of incompatible tech.

Hey man, I want to play some good, non blurry soldat as much as the next guy but use this beta rollout as an example. Look how many issues there are with it. How long will that take to fix? And what would happen if this occurred with an actual 1.7 release? If you are an older player, like most people here are, then Im sure you can wait for a bit longer.

If you want to attract new players, releasing something that doesn't even run is not the way to do it. I just want the devs to have their time, if they have optimization issues, then let them have the time to fix it.

Offline fdbfdfgbd

• Major(1)
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2015, 05:05:31 am »
Hey guys! I am playing Soldat since v1.4 i believe - it was so looong ago :D But anyway, i keep getting back to it time to time because of it's face pace and sheer fun. I have been waiting for stuff from 1.7 for long ago so kudos to Shoozza and other devs! The only problem i am having now is that i can't run the beta, every time i do the error window just popups instantly with "The procedure entry point stbir_resize_uint8 could not be located in dynamic link library stb.dll" Now i have tried updating my graphic card with latest drivers, downloaded stb.dll mentioned in this thread, changed game settings to no avail.. I  tried to enable logging but it doesn't write anything, any ideas what can be done?

I run it on Win 7 x64, Core i5, 8GB DDR3, GeForce GT540M
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 05:08:18 am by fdbfdfgbd »

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2015, 09:27:12 am »
Hey guys! I am playing Soldat since v1.4 i believe - it was so looong ago :D But anyway, i keep getting back to it time to time because of it's face pace and sheer fun. I have been waiting for stuff from 1.7 for long ago so kudos to Shoozza and other devs! The only problem i am having now is that i can't run the beta, every time i do the error window just popups instantly with "The procedure entry point stbir_resize_uint8 could not be located in dynamic link library stb.dll" Now i have tried updating my graphic card with latest drivers, downloaded stb.dll mentioned in this thread, changed game settings to no avail.. I  tried to enable logging but it doesn't write anything, any ideas what can be done?

I run it on Win 7 x64, Core i5, 8GB DDR3, GeForce GT540M

That error is quite specific: soldat is using the old stb.dll which doesn't have a function we added on this beta. You have to replace it in Soldat folder with the one attached by Shoozza.
urraka

Offline Bug

• Major(1)
  • You'll clean up
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2015, 03:40:14 pm »
Sup? Sorry for very irrelevant comment. I just had to post something after a very long break and thought this thread would be appropriate because of my nickname.

Anyway I am very very happy to enjoy playing smooth soldat for the first time in many many years, thank you so much for your hard work devs. As people before in this thread have stated, I too hope that you would polish (:D) this version well before releasing since it's the first superb version update in a very long time.
yes.

Offline fdbfdfgbd

• Major(1)
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2015, 11:40:52 am »
That error is quite specific: soldat is using the old stb.dll which doesn't have a function we added on this beta. You have to replace it in Soldat folder with the one attached by Shoozza.

tried that already , didn't help. I do have, however, soldat 1.6.9 and 1.7.0 on the same disk C: installed, maybe this is the issue?

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2015, 12:49:20 pm »
tried that already , didn't help. I do have, however, soldat 1.6.9 and 1.7.0 on the same disk C: installed, maybe this is the issue?

That shouldn't matter as long as you replace that file in the 1.7.0 folder. Are you still getting the same "The procedure entry point stbir_resize_uint8 could not be located in dynamic link library stb.dll" message or is it something else now?
urraka

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2015, 07:38:09 pm »
Seems these fixes to ctf_Division messed something up, pretty much every player gets a 1-2 second lag start when it loads?
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2015, 11:50:45 pm »
That shouldn't matter as long as you replace that file in the 1.7.0 folder. Are you still getting the same "The procedure entry point stbir_resize_uint8 could not be located in dynamic link library stb.dll" message or is it something else now?
Maybe he simply forgot to unzip/extract the file.

Offline Awiz

• Major(1)
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2015, 01:31:06 pm »
Seems these fixes to ctf_Division messed something up, pretty much every player gets a 1-2 second lag start when it loads?
Yeah. Or even longer. Like half of the players in a gather usually have it I guess.

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2015, 01:45:59 pm »
A suggestion for the test phases: You should set specific times to test the alpha/beta versions. The team behind Insurgency (the game) is always posting announcements with dates/time to make people play the test versions and post feedback. PS: It's a popular game on Steam. Why I keep reading that beta/alpha in Soldat is lonely if it's how it works? 2015 guys, 2015, not 2002.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 02:17:06 pm by duz »
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline daaw

• Major
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2015, 05:07:29 pm »
but ..but we are in HD ....

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2015, 12:09:04 am »
@duz: The people behind Insurgency actually work by the schedule and get paid for it. People behind Soldat work completely for free in their spare time, and spare time isn't always available. It's very hard to plan anything ahead when everyone's schedule is so different and inconsistent. I, for example, was able to work long and hard on Soldat soldier graphics a few weeks ago, but now I haven't even touched it for two weeks because I'm busy with my other job and projects, as well as preparations for the holidays. Any spare time I have I use to actually take a break. So if we promised lots of new HD graphics this release - we couldn't keep that promise. That's why it's best for us to not make any.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2015, 07:13:50 am »
We can pay you thousands L[0ne]R... hundred thousands with premium bonuses of DOGE! Weekly Monthly Daily you name it! Soldat must make it to the moon!

its a deal! Go work work work!
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Sipar

• Major
    • http://dolinski.cz
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2015, 09:25:30 am »
Everything runs smooth (200+ fps),
but when i choose ctf_Ash, then whole game freeze and drops to like one frame per minute.
edit: same with Aero map
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 09:33:39 am by Sipar »

Offline Nequil

• Major(1)
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2015, 04:50:16 pm »
sooo... final version of 1.7 = steam greenlight?

Offline CCalp

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
  • calp (SN)
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2015, 06:48:58 am »
Any updates on next release? :3

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2015, 07:05:03 pm »
I would really suggest releasing something, even if it a quick 169 fix for the ping bug?

I feel like we must be losing players by the day, I can't even jump into public when I have 5mins anymore :(
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Damned

• Major(1)
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2015, 06:20:38 am »
Cheeeze it's because once you join everyone leaves the server!

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2015, 08:07:05 am »
Cheeeze it's because once you join everyone leaves the server!

https://vimeo.com/18070266

Come irc old friend! <333
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2015, 10:37:27 am »
Can relase beta and add autoupadate?
For players had to keep up to date updates.